WTC Final Australia v India Only Test June 7-11 1800hrs @ the Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Points are awarded in the WTC based on the result in every match, not every series.

It follows naturally to have a one-off final.

My point was that tests are usually decided over a series - so the toss, the pitch, the weather has less impact on the result.

My point was that tests are usually decided over a series - so the toss, the pitch, the weather has less impact on the result.

What sort of competition has it so all teams in event play wildly different opponents for different series lengths? The whole thing is flawed anyway its a compromised event doing best it can while accepting economic realities of cricket schedule, 3 neutral tests in middle of somebody's home schedule would be an economic disaster unless they got perfect matchup it aint going to happen.

I think Pakistan should host next, India gets the sub-continent game they want. And with it being a neutral game (I can't really see Pakistan making it) then there is no reason to make a road.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I like it.

It’d be the only place in the world the 2ndians wouldn’t have the home crowd advantage.

The WTC is the (long overdue) first step away from the old-fashioned, purely bilateral, nature of test cricket.

Previous rules don't apply.

I agree! They'll back themselves to chase in the 4th innings.... But if Bazball doesn't go to plan.... Well it could be messy
Based upon the early evidence, there’s unlikely to be any green seamers around, the fact that they’ve reactivated Moeen tells you that they’re going to back there batting on roads against ours

What sort of competition has it so all teams in event play wildly different opponents for different series lengths? The whole thing is flawed anyway its a compromised event doing best it can while accepting economic realities of cricket schedule, 3 neutral tests in middle of somebody's home schedule would be an economic disaster unless they got perfect matchup it aint going to happen.

World Test Championship is a platypus. It sticks together results where some countries have played 22 tests and others 12. The countries didn't all play each other eg NZ did not play Australia or Windies. They make a league out of it based on a formula. Then the top two play a one test final.

Australia clearly been the best 5 day team over the last two years. But would have been injustice if India won the final.

Taking a break from the cricket for a minute, this is a great cause and if you could all take a minute to have look it would be most appreciated.

Going back to this, if anyone has donated please let me know and I will arrange a special badge for you.

Any amount is greatly appreciated.

Back