Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v North in the Adelaide Hills Round 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
We should be winning this game easily if we bring last nights intent.

Only question seems to be do we bring Daniel Rich back in and if so who goes out?

A few players hitting form in the reserves and maintaining pressure on the seniors eg. Lyons, Ah Chee, Mathieson, Sharp, Fort... probably no room for any of them at the moment.

Was also thinking about Rich when watching a replay of the second quarter and thinking he would slow us down. Was also thinking about Gardiner, maybe he gets a half a game in the twos for fitness and touch
Forgot about Dizzy, it is a conundrum, Richy and Dizzy back in would definitely slow us down on turnover.

Forgot about Dizzy, it is a conundrum, Richy and Dizzy back in would definitely slow us down on turnover.

Dizzy is no slower than Joyce but is a much better player.

Dizzy is no slower than Joyce but is a much better player.
Much better player I agree, on the pace question I am not so sure, I haven't seen enough of Joyce yet to have an opinion, he didn't seem to be caught out for pace last night and I didn't see the Dogs game though.

Rich to find form in reserves but if fagan really wants to bring him in I think Coleman was been the weak link so far this year. Might be a straight swap. Although I prefer Coleman for his pace and kicking ability.

While we played well to get a win a few concerns is that we continue to make the simple look hard and something we do a lot more than other premiership contenders is turn the ball over under minimal pressure. Berry was bad on that so I think he might be a possible out for Rich. Play wilmot on the wing and rich down back. Doubt it though.

Potentially dropping McCarthy for me. A very quiet few weeks. Bring in Dev.
His best is damn good but far too often he just doesn’t impact or turns it over trying the blind over the head hospital handball. Wonder how lohmann has been playing ? But yes McCarthy for dev would be a good swap imo. Dev is good overhead as well, probs it has the better ground ball game and is definitely better defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I loved about last night game was that our kick ins were not not as predictable as when Rich is in the team, every kick seemed to be a different player taking it.
I can see it now, Rich comes in and he will take 90% of kick ins which will go to the same bloody spot allowing North to get set up.

One thing I loved about last night game was that our kick ins were not not as predictable as when Rich is in the team, every kick seemed to be a different player taking it.
I can see it now, Rich comes in and he will take 90% of kick ins which will go to the same bloody spot allowing North to get set up.
I was thinking that at the game as well, Kiddy should take the majority of kick ins IMO. We show a lot more urgency when Richy isn't getting the ball out of the bag.

Wasn't Mckenna involved in an off the ball gut punch incident that dropped a Collingwood player...if so, I would imagine he will get suspended.

Wasn't Mckenna involved in an off the ball gut punch incident that dropped a Collingwood player...if so, I would imagine he will get suspended.

Going on past precedent for striking charges (I know, stupid to bank on past precedent when the MRP will make it up) I think provided it wasn't high he probably skates away with a fine?

Going on past precedent for striking charges (I know, stupid to bank on past precedent when the MRP will make it up) I think provided it wasn't high he probably skates away with a fine?
Didn't Cunnington have about half a dozen gut punches a few years back and only got fined every time? I remember thinking it was insane at the time , so McKenna probably gets a week to "send a message" to a completely different player and team. 😂

Didn't Cunnington have about half a dozen gut punches a few years back and only got fined every time? I remember thinking it was insane at the time , so McKenna probably gets a week to "send a message" to a completely different player and team. 😂
Was thinking the exact same thing.
Especially because we come up against North.

But there was also a year when Zorko and maybe Rocky both got weeks for gut punches

But there was also a year when Zorko and maybe Rocky both got weeks for gut punches
We're also the only team to have a head clash result in our player being suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back