Preview Changes for Collingwood - Rd 10, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

We have so many depth players out there atm. Realistically, we are doing OK with them. Problem is guys like Robbie gray aren't really covering anyone anymore.

I was quite disappointed with Bergman tonight too. But still young and woukd love to have him in a better team we have.

Who knows what we do here. I’m not sure I’ve seen a worse game from a port player than Marshall tonight, words can’t even describe how bad he was but I doubt we drop him.

Go in unchanged and watch the flat trackers do what they do against an inferior opponent

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jones is fit?
Straight in.

Hayes play both him and Ladhams. Ladhams 1st quarter sucked but we got serious effort for the rest of the game that's all he has to do.
Too tall with both Hayes and Ladhams then one of Marshall or Charlie is out and if we are not playing Charlie at the goal square it should probably be him.

Farrell and Frederick out Houston in if fit.

Is Butters really that injured he can't play?

Who knows what we do here. I’m not sure I’ve seen a worse game from a port player than Marshall tonight, words can’t even describe how bad he was but I doubt we drop him.

Go in unchanged and watch the flat trackers do what they do against an inferior opponent

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Marshall was much, much worse against Brisbane. I wasn’t that upset with him last night. There were others who were poorer, namely Rozee, Farrell, Gray and Bergman. The issue our three tall forwards all have is to do with their marking and lack of score board presence. Georgiades is clearly the best natural key forward of the trio, despite being the youngest and shortest. But it’s getting frustrating how many balls he drops or double grabs when his hands are free and his body is not being restricted in his marking action. Dixon has the soapy hands issue too, but his issue is also lack of separation from opponents and failure to lead or try to find space. He creates congestion around him all the time that does us no good as our crumbers, except occasionally Fantasia, don’t capitalise. Marshall lacks presence and consistency of competing. He’s not a key forward and we therefore still need to work on finding another one to support Georgiades. It would be too much to expect Lord to be that player. He’s coming from so far back.

What I expect, but not what I want:
Out: Clurey, Farrell
In: Mckenzie, Houston

What I want in addition to the above:
- Marshall gets dropped for Hayes for two weeks - not simply for the non-shot, but because you are playing as a linkman and not a forward target
(Play Ladhams in Marshall's role and play Hayes in ruck against Grundy)

- Motlop gets at least a week off and play Frederick in his role, play Schofield as the medsub, I am sick of seeing Motlop baulk contests - its team destroying, its soft and its not Port Adelaide.

Of course the last two won't happen though because its easier to just leave them in, wouldn't want the coaches to have to think too hard.

Last edited:
If we’d put the bullet in Amon when he looked similarly bereft of execution despite an obvious skillset, he’d be playing for the Sale Sabres C’s rn.

Of all the people you stay the course with, it’s your first round key forward.

Amon spent a lot of time in the SANFL. Marshall is not only physically weak but he is mentally weak. He’s like Westhoff but cannot mark or contest. Why do we need to carry this sort of player? He’s a true reflection of the coach you want so desperately to be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the hyperbole re Marshall in this thread is insane. Because what, he centred a ball and had Ollie Wines deflect it out of the wide open waiting hands of his target 25m out straight in front?

2nd in score involvements for Port
1st in goal assists
3rd in marks
2nd in marks inside 50
5th in I50s.

Reading this thread you'd think he'd been cowering in the pocket begging not to be kicked the ball all game.

He kicked 3 goals last week. The idea that we should be dropping a "woefully out of form and low on confidence player" is silly.

I was there mate. Nobody else forward of centre was any better.

MG and CD don’t and didn’t drop their heads at the hint of footsteps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back