Changes for Round 2 v Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am liking the attitude of Simmo - not the 2020 version that was woe is me, we are off to a hub. Seems that he has not gone down the moaning path.

On the bright side, how cool is for the top ups to get to play on the weekend. Loving it. In the future, it will be "yeah, but you only played 1 game" to which they can ask "how many did you play"?

Serious question now - is there word on payment structure for top ups? Who covers it? Does it come out of the soft cap?

And for these blokes, is it AFL minimum game cheque? Have to imagine it’s a pretty decent weekend’s work for some of them.
4k a game, 1k a week of training I believe.

Serious question now - is there word on payment structure for top ups? Who covers it? Does it come out of the soft cap?

And for these blokes, is it AFL minimum game cheque? Have to imagine it’s a pretty decent weekend’s work for some of them.
Time and a half or double time for Sunday?

Warning: radical idea ahead
Okay even without the Covid protocols we were almost certain of not being in the GF. Now it's even less likely.

So let's get into the left field. We completely forget about 2022 and solely focus on 2023. We give our great players a light year given most are getting on a bit and just play every fringe player. Why burn out our ageing champs in a meaningless year?

For example, rest NN for the year. Then by years end we know who out of BWilliams, Jamieson and Strdnica will be our no 2 ruck next year. JK rests for the year as does Hurn (or they retire). Yeo etc take a few months off to be 100%. And the other champs play say 10 games for the season just to keep some touch and to mentor the kids. Sure we end up getting belted week in week out (and so get good draft picks) but by the start of next year we have an excellent idea of whether HEdwards, LEdwards, Trew, XON, West, Naish, Joyce, Langdon, Petro etc etc etc are really up to it. And hopefully give our champs a bit more spring in their step.

I can hear the cavalry coming - full of criticism. But, supporters easily accept their team won't be in the GF when they are 'rebuilding'. My idea is just to take this one big step further. Is there any rule that says we have to play our best available 22 each week? I can't imagine the AFL saying you must select e.g. NN.

Unlike supporters of some (lesser) clubs I only want to win GFs. Let's be a bit creative about this.
You sonofabitch im in

8 additional AFL listed players unavailable to add to the 5 already out due to the protocols.
Presuming Jamieson, Duggan & Edwards are fit, so those 3, Williams, Mountford & Giro, then 2 more top up players.
One of those 8 to be the sub.
Simmo also confirmed 5 of the top ups unavailable due to covid reasons.

Subi players will be taking a pay cut I heard

What we're looking at so far:

Hurn Edwards ______
Nelson Gov Witho
SPS Kelly ______
Jones _____ Rioli
Ryan Darling ______
NN Gaff Shuey

Hough, XON, Foley, BWilliams, JWilliams, Naish, Mountford, Giro

3 more (mimimum) out from those in bold. Fill in the remaining gaps with top ups.

Call me crazy but depending on which 3 in bold we're talking I don't think it's beyond the realms....
I reckon they'll bring in Duggan and Ledwards tbh. As long as there's no extra injury risk I'd rather play two underdone AFL players who understand the gameplan and their roles than two extra top-ups.

Heard Clinton Grybus on the radio tonight and he said that 60-80% of Victorian based players have had covid. Obviously over December through February timeframe.

We get 30% of our club having it and we are the ones not taking it seriously

The timing sucks, but it is more based on government and science than choice or actions.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Now that would be a pretty interesting radio station. 🤔

Warning: radical idea ahead
Okay even without the Covid protocols we were almost certain of not being in the GF. Now it's even less likely.

So let's get into the left field. We completely forget about 2022 and solely focus on 2023. We give our great players a light year given most are getting on a bit and just play every fringe player. Why burn out our ageing champs in a meaningless year?

For example, rest NN for the year. Then by years end we know who out of BWilliams, Jamieson and Strdnica will be our no 2 ruck next year. JK rests for the year as does Hurn (or they retire). Yeo etc take a few months off to be 100%. And the other champs play say 10 games for the season just to keep some touch and to mentor the kids. Sure we end up getting belted week in week out (and so get good draft picks) but by the start of next year we have an excellent idea of whether HEdwards, LEdwards, Trew, XON, West, Naish, Joyce, Langdon, Petro etc etc etc are really up to it. And hopefully give our champs a bit more spring in their step.

I can hear the cavalry coming - full of criticism. But, supporters easily accept their team won't be in the GF when they are 'rebuilding'. My idea is just to take this one big step further. Is there any rule that says we have to play our best available 22 each week? I can't imagine the AFL saying you must select e.g. NN.

Unlike supporters of some (lesser) clubs I only want to win GFs. Let's be a bit creative about this.
I could see nic nat getting injured at some stage carrying the extra weight.
We definitely should be getting games into the fringe players to see if they can step up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19 listed players who are fit and available and 28 players flying over - does that mean we’re taking 9 top ups or are we taking guys that aren’t fully fit eg Duggan and Ledwards?

Also the game is happening no matter what, if the AFL has to fly more top ups over on Sunday morning so we can field a side, they will.

That’s not a ludicrous situation at all.

Game won't happen.
AFL will be stopped soon.
Mcdonald's?
Queen death is upon us. Something about a Helicopter?
Wouldnt it be funny if Global Currency Reset was about to happen.
All Contracts have to be reset.

Just when you thought today couldn’t get more bonkers…

Not that it's a surprise, but Simmo says there's now 13 players unavailable due to covid

Also gave a good whack at Caro which was nice to hear
Gave Robbo a bit of a whack to. You just love to see it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back