Preview P.F. vs. GWS (Sat 21/09 4:35pm MCG) In: Reid/Aish, Out: JDG/Levi. Teams #1523

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon your ins should be from Reid, Sharenberg, Aish. Reckon we are going to need speed coming out of defence so I reckon Noble stays. However if Noble goes, then spot on.

Love what Noble has done but some of his decisions against Geelong were very Poor.

I personally wouldn't be selecting Reid based on injury history alone, let alone form. The risk to play him in a prelim is huge but footy clubs often don't follow logic. However, other options really are not that compelling - Varcoe, Wells for example.

Two critical outs with DeGoey and Greenwood leave us a little thin on the ground for adequate replacements. Most likely in's are Scharenberg who takes Greenwoods position in the back six - no issue here for me.

Looking at last weeks lineup, the DeGoey role is the most problematic for us to fill. Varcoe to me seems the guy they will bring in. Can provide the manic forward pressure, and maybe allows WHE to play a little deeper.

Aish not sure of fitness, but maybe the unlucky one to miss. Just cant see where he comes back in.

Scharenberg a definite in for mine, would have preferred Varcoe but can see the reasoning for Reid to come in, so the defence can stay settled and we aren't sending Rough forward mid game etc

I can't see Noble going out now though, Aish to bide his time on the sidelines

We should arrange another scratch match with Geelong this week given we're both chances for the GF and both aren't playing VFL.

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Obviously there'd be a player or two from each side whom would be the carry over and have still missed quite a lot of footy, but it'd surely be quite beneficial to the other players. Hopefully they get this organised for Friday arvo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orr...geez, something else we aren't allowed to talk about

This finals series is banning a whole heap of discussions
At least eye gouging is allowed

Depends on what you consider humour, for me thinking someone having their eyes gouged is an a subject for humour even in theory for some people is part of the reason the AFL feel they can get away with interfering.
That's why he needed to be suspended last week and seems like he will get off this week too. It's a non issue for the AFL because it is Greene from GWS

Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg all strike as quick, athletic key forwards, not your big strong forward like Hawkins or Kennedy etc, so if that is the case it wouldn't surprise me if we brought in Shaz or even potentially Madgen. Sounds stupid i know but here me out.

Rougheads strength isn't his speed and athleticness, he is a strong old school type key defender, can take a good mark, so i am not sure if he would match up well against any of these 3 (unless of course he just takes the guy who decides to stay in 50 and not lead, that itself would require critical communication and concentration levels) so he may be the one we swing forward, we have seen Buckley and co dont mind roughy up forward.

IF that happens we would probably bring in Madgen as Shaz isn't gifted with speed and agility. Which would mean:

Moore (203cm) v Cameron (196cm)
Madgen (194cm) v Finlayson (196cm) *If we did bring in Shaz he is 191cm
Howe (190cm) v Himmelberg (194cm)

Then of course the opposite to that is dont bring in Madgen or Shaz at all and it would then be:

Moore (203cm) v Cameron (196cm)
Roughead (200cm) v Finlayson (196cm)
Howe (190cm) v Himmelberg (194cm)

Reid comes in and plays forward then, i believe one way or another we will go in with a 2nd key forward as we need to make both Davis and Haynes accountable.

Last time we played them:

-It was in Sydney
-We completely ****ed up at selection by going very small in defence
-Was probably our weakest 22 all year with Appleby, out of form Sier, Crocker, Cox (4 dispsoals, 0 goals and 0 behinds)
-Mayne injured his knee
-Got completely jumped, they kicked 8 goals to 1 in the first quarter. Up by 43 points, ended up winning by 47

Unfortunately for us they didn't have Davis, Kelly, De Boer or Coniglio playing and this time all of them will be in except for Coniglio who is a chance but i think will just fall short. The game was definitely won by their key forwards, they kicked 13 goals between the 3 of them.

This time we are in much better form, back then we were playing that slow, non risk taking football style, recently we seem to have found some form and starting to get back to how we wanted to be playing.

They seem like fast starters GWS, as they did the same to Brisbane last week kicking the first 5 i think it was,but to be honest i thought they were lucky to win, Brisbane won nearly every stat and had their chances to put the game away late but the pressure got to them, it was a very physical game as the giants have shown to have implemented that style in the finals so they would have some sore bodies i would assume, factor that in with b2b road trips and we also don't mind the physicality (97 tackles v Geelong) so i think we can stand up to their tactics, i believe we are capable of winning this game and will give ourselves another Grand Final berth, it won't be easy, but i am going with pies by 12 points.

That's why he needed to be suspended last week and seems like he will get off this week too. It's a non issue for the AFL because it is Greene from GWS
It will bite them in the ass sooner or later - Greene now feels he is invulnerable and will continue his dog acts. Some poor kid will get hurt badly - perhaps maimed and it will be the AFL's fault.

I hope when it happens everyone from the club to the victim's family sue the ass off the AFL and the commissioners also.

There are things as 'duty of care' and 'chain of responsibility' - they are legally enforceable codes and the AFL WILL be liable.

Forecasting Melbourne weather 6 days out....i’d Like to see that.

Surprisingly easy actually ...

“Rain showers with winds abating and periods of sunshine mixed with overcast conditions”

It’s the order that they struggle with.

Won't make a lot of difference - AFL make their obscene $$ from corporate packages - half the wa**ers going on corporate packages wouldn't know which teams are playing or the difference between a lacrosse racquet and a footy - prob have some awareness if the Sauv Blanc they are washing the smoked salmon down with is from Margaret River or NZ

Now you’re just being silly ...

... everybody knows that the decent Sauv Blanc comes from NZ and the good Chardy comes from Margaret River. And they wouldn’t be so uncouth to serve Sauv Blanc with Smoked Trout - a trap for young players who automatically match Sauv Blanc with seafood. The heavy flavors in the Smoked Trout needs a decent oaked Chardy (or aged Semillon) to balance it out.

Anyway, what was your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back