Preview Changes: R20 2019 v St Kilda: it's a SUSHI-PIZZA PARTY!!

How many changes do you think there will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If he manages to squeeze into the finals with the list we have I reckon he will be pretty happy

You mean the same list that 2 years ago had 22 players that played in a GF and finished minor premiers and has only lost 2 players from?

Yeah it is a poor list to have isn't it?

That doesn't reflect what I heard from Richmond fans on BF. They said he was skillfull and smart footballer, always able to bob up in the right spot at the right time. They criticised his average speed and lack of defensive pressure as his major weaknesses. I don't remember anybody saying he was a tackling machine.

Jack Riewoldt said in an interview on FiveAA that he was the best tackler on Richmond’s list.

Thing is, what we can see - game day performance - is the only thing that should matter.

Not training form, being a good bloke, sticking around for years etc etc.

IF they gave out premiership points for what "goes on inside these walls"...

THEN... We'd probably be even lower than we are now.

Him and Pyke got into an altercation and had to be separated by players and staff.
What!!?

w-pinterest-com-baby-wtf-jpg.551936

...ok, just noticed the Rumours thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him and Pyke got into an altercation and had to be separated by players and staff.
I’d like to say can we all just * off with these type of s**t rumours that chip away and undermine the club, but I just know there’s a possibility it’s true. I also know that whatever the rumour is, divide it by about ten I reckon, and that’s probably what happened.

So instead of admitting you got it wrong when you very mistakenly accused another poster of being troll, you double down, push your own head even further up your own ass, and keep spamming your rubbish.

I might not post much, but I've been reading these boards for over ten years, and never felt the need to ignore anyone,

not Vader, who posts some good info when he keeps his opinion out of it.
not Wayne, despite his coffee snobbery, saves most of his idiocy for the off season
not Dr Who, as he always makes me laugh at him
not large numbers of posters on the main board.

However the time has come. You Marty, have no redeeming features - your posts are boring, repetitive and ridiculous. Congratulations.

I did this a month or so back, never even contemplated putting someone on ignore before.

It is amazing how much better threads are to read now you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Last edited:
So I was just repeating what I heard...as were you.
It doesnt make any sense when you actually think about it though. Richmond is a team stacked with small pressure forwards. It's a core component of their game plan as well. If Stengle really was the best tackler in their side, he would have got more than 2 games.

Have we seen a year where our selections have been this bad?

Most years are pretty bad. This is probably the first time we’ve been this reactive and then reverse the decision after a single meaningless week. I’ve started streaming SEN during the day and our erraticness is a common theme. Not to mention the TV footy shows. Pyke has lost the plot, I think he’s close to a breakdown. Saying he doesn’t see losing the players as being a possibly real thing. Well Don, that’s the thing with people who would lose the players. By definition, they aren’t capable of seeing it.

Most years are pretty bad. This is probably the first time we’ve been this reactive and then reverse the decision after a single meaningless week. I’ve started streaming SEN during the day and our erraticness is a common theme. Not to mention the TV footy shows. Pyke has lost the plot, I think he’s close to a breakdown. Saying he doesn’t see losing the players as being a possibly real thing. Well Don, that’s the thing with people who would lose the players. By definition, they aren’t capable of seeing it.
They said no-one would listen to SEN

source.gif

Selection policy should be simple.

Minimal changes when players are in good form.

When players are in a patch of poor form, drop them.

If a player has an atrocious game, then drop them so they know it's unacceptable.

Reward good sanfl form where possible, even if it means rotating/managing players.

If you back in poor form it sends a poor message to the whole squad & sanfl players become disillusioned.

Closet listeners
Not me.

Haven't listened once.

Mind you I don't listen much to 5AA anymore either.

Quality of sports radio is crud these days.

Give me intelligent analysis over look at me sensationalist rubbish any day.

Back