Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Or even Keane. Takes a good grab, between him and the Berg it would stretch them and give Tex and Fog some space
In other games but probably not this one given they are likely to have Dixon, Marshall & Finlayson playing.

Courage has nothing to do with it. Its nothing short of the equivalent of a politician trying to con the public for votes.

My theory, there was an intense behind the scenes meeting between Nicks and those who hold him accountable. Within 5 days of Nicks flat out saying he has no plans to play Curtin any time soon magically Nicks had a massive change of heart. Nah, even though Nicks makes the final decisions on who he plays, there is no doubt in my mind this was a very strong can't ignore recommendation from above.

The only news about this announcement is an article with Dawsons reaction, nothing from Nicks. Tells you everything you need to know when mr PR isn't included in any announcement.

I for one can't be happier, can't wait.

Yes where is the puff pieces that were up last year. Still no Billy and probably Murphy on the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Courage has nothing to do with it. Its nothing short of the equivalent of a politician trying to con the public for votes.

My theory, there was an intense behind the scenes meeting between Nicks and those who hold him accountable. Within 5 days of Nicks flat out saying he has no plans to play Curtin any time soon magically Nicks had a massive change of heart. Nah, even though Nicks makes the final decisions on who he plays, there is no doubt in my mind this was a very strong can't ignore recommendation from above.

The only news about this announcement is an article with Dawsons reaction, nothing from Nicks. Tells you everything you need to know when mr PR isn't included in any announcement.

Nicks never said he had no plans to play Curtin. Not even close.

I'm assuming you're referring to his press conference last Wednesday in which he said the following about who might be an 'in' given injuries to Smith and Berry:

'Well there's a number of guys who are playing well... Billy Dowling is playing some good footy at SANFL level, Dan Curtin is you know... nearly ready to go. We're enjoying what he's doing, he's been challenged, last week he played on one of the best forwards in the game, just as another step in his development. So he continues to put his hand up.'

Great news, good to see Dan get his opportunity 👍

A positive. As it sounds like the coach isn’t ready to let go of his honest trier addiction with Murphy to come in…

And surely Rozee won’t play for Port Power. That is insanity. If it is some sort of mind game, then it is really quite amateur

On what planet is the coach not ecstatic that the top draft pick looks good and is ready to go? This is conspiracy theory idiocy. Oh no the captain said something not the coach!!

Great news, good to see Dan get his opportunity 👍

A positive. As it sounds like the coach isn’t ready to let go of his honest trier addiction with Murphy to come in…

And surely Rozee won’t play for Port Power. That is insanity. If it is some sort of mind game, then it is really quite amateur

Port and mind games....never

I'm still waiting for the annual presser where Port Players talk about how much they hate Crows players.

Port and mind games....never

I'm still waiting for the annual presser where Port Players talk about how much they hate Crows players.

They might wait until the next showdown (home game) and potentially if they manage to win this week. Dont want to look foolish if they can’t back up the hate speech with a win 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you'll hear any of this stuff for a while tbh.

Well it was all one sided and I think it made them look foolish, especially since they lost 3 of the last 4. The time to pump up showdowns is dead. Took Port a while to realise there was a game the following week and it wasn't a final.

Well it was all one sided and I think it made them look foolish, especially since they lost 3 of the last 4. The time to pump up showdowns is dead. Took Port a while to realise there was a game the following week and it wasn't a final.
I'd have to suggest that even a gimp eventually runs out of pleasure from being humiliated following the usual extolling of eternal hatred while wearing a guernsey sanctified by St. Peter.

I hope rozee plays. he cant possibly be 100%, and although I try not to wish injury upon a player, further medical mismanagement at port would bring the lolz

If anything, I'd say they are trying to feel good PR their own supporters by making it seem like they are giving him every opportunity to play. I'm not bothered if he plays either way, he can't stop Murphy.

Where did he say this?

I don't think this is accurate.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has Curtin been an emergency prior to this week?

Seems he has leapfrogged several players in the span of one match!
Nah he hasn't. I think they were planning for him to likely have a few more games in the SANFL trying different things and then he had a breakout game and kicked the door down. Doubt he plays this week if he has 17 touches instead of 31, for example, and he certainly leapfrogged Dowling.

Ok now I am genuinely excited to go Thursday night. Might be time to change this outdated avatar...

Back