FB: Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB: Jones - Murray - Hamill
C: Sholl - Sloane - Seedsman
HF: Schoenberg - Thilthorpe - Berry
FF: Rowe - Fogarty - McAdam
FOLL: O'Brien - Smith - Laird
INT: Hately - Worrell - Kelly - Keays
SUB: Mackay

• Pick a 2nd KPD in Murray to free up Doedee; Kelly becomes the 7th defender; McPherson has been bog ordinary and deserves/needs a spell.
  • Downsize our forward line with Tex rested and Himmelberg out to allow Fogarty especially and also Thilthorpe room to move; TT will do relief ruck work if needed but the onus should be on O'Brien to run his ass off and rack up marks around the ground in opposition to Naitanui.
  • Worrell gets a run as a true swingman to provide a chop-out to the KPP at either end of the ground.
  • Put Sholl on Gaff and see how he measures up.
  • Give Jones a chance running off the HBF to show what he's learnt in the SANFL...don't stuff him up by giving him a bits'n'pieces role - as a result Smith pushes up to play on the ball and give us some much-needed speed and run through the middle of the ground. Keays to the bench but to spend a fair bit of time next to Kelly if needed.
  • Give Berry the role of defensive forward ala McHenry and put a rocket up McAdam and let him know how lucky he is that two small forwards got injured in the one game to give him a reprieve.
  • Hately to spend a lot of time as an inside mid to show if that's his position and he doesn't appear to cover the ground or distribute well enough to be a true wingman.

Unfortunately in the presser Nicks spent some time talking about how Frampton is different to Himmelberg and how they really like Frampton. Spoke about how West Coast have a lot of marking defenders and Frampton is a marking tall. Probably will play instead of Walker

Also talked about Jones being in ripping form, decisions around whether to back him in or not because you don't want to kill what has been working

My guess

Out: McHenry, Murphy, Walker
In: O'Connor, McAdam, Frampton

Sub: Jones

Possibly a like for like replacement for Hately?

Except Hately is already out of the side.

Fog moving back to the forward line is more likely.

He mentioned McAdam, said he was dropped to find form and really wants to play AFL this week being from WA

1970 should have a go at this one. After the good work telling Tex that he wouldn't be playing despite being very keen to, he then lets McAdam play just because he wants to go to WA, without the form he's been dropped to find! Extraordinary.

I'm not going to change my mind over 1 game. He kicked 5 goals against the Weagles in 2019, which turned out to be nothing more than a mirage. As things currently stand, he'd be one of the leading members of West Coast's equivalent to the Callum Chambers Club.

I want to see him getting involved - making it to contests regularly, and actually competing. That's the main thing. I want to see him busting his gut, and having more than his usual 6-8 disposals when playing as a forward.

... then I want to see him do it consistently.
Vader so assuming those he improves sufficiently on those intangibles (make contests, compete, bust a gut, etc.) what would you see as the expected statistical output (disposals? goals? tackles? other?) for him to succeed in the role as 3rd key forward? For reference below are his career, by season, averages.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 5.41.26 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1970 should have a go at this one. After the good work telling Tex that he wouldn't be playing despite being very keen to, he then lets McAdam play just because he wants to go to WA, without the form he's been dropped to find! Extraordinary.

Is O’Connor not from WA also and frampton?

Unfortunately in the presser Nicks spent some time talking about how Frampton is different to Himmelberg and how they really like Frampton. Spoke about how West Coast have a lot of marking defenders and Frampton is a marking tall. Probably will play instead of Walker

Also talked about Jones being in ripping form, decisions around whether to back him in or not because you don't want to kill what has been working

My guess

Since there is no SANFL this week, I think Jones needs to travel be it as a player or as the sub..he has been good the last few weeks and to have him involved would be good imo

My guess

I think Jones will play as well

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ahh bleddy knew it. Matt Crouch a few weeks back was listed as 1-2 weeks..well here we are 2 weeks later and now it seems the injury is on another seetback and its not 1-2 weeks at all..I am expecting him to be listed as an indefinite soon and we will be lucky to see him this year
Haas and Birdbrain Haas to be up there with the worst ever AFL appointments of all time.

Absolutely, but like Mutineer notes it is recovery from surgery. But it is getting the feel of the of the Brad Crouch fiasco where he was listed for 3 weeks, come three weeks he is listed for another 2 weeks, then come that 2 weeks he is then listed for another 3 weeks..
Because injuries don’t work to a time table? Also, Crouch fiasco was under a different regime.

He hasn't let him play, he'll just travel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back