Unofficial Preview Changes v Carlton (AKA GWS castoffs + young stars)

Remove this Banner Ad

so the thinking is playing trengove at hb? not to keen on that, lack of pace. but dont mind him having a crack in the midfield but again not with wines spp rocky etc.....
would have had watts back also

Been a few weeks without a decent melt

Have at it
hah I'm extremely worried about the next 'Portnight' games, expectations against lower teams and needing percentage, if we are serious and genuine in being finals ready we need to belt these teams...yep I'm worried big time, do me proud Ports:praying:

Sure but if we wanted someone to do that we could’ve just promoted Toumpas and in that particular role he’d probably do a better job.

If Trengove is gonna be any use to us at AFL level it’ll be for his contested ball winning ability, not chipping the ball around in the back pocket.

I am a little bit worried we are setting Jack up for failure if we are expecting him to play on a nippy small forward. With Houston down there as well, we do look a little slow.

My fear is that we will take Carlton lightly. What's the go with Jonas, he played brilliantly last weekend, didn't look troubled at all. Has something new sprung up? We can't be just resting him.

stoked for Trengove

I'm going to assume we brought Jonas back for a big game before his hamstring was 100% and maybe gave him a jab to get through the game. Now he can take a week or two off to let it heal properly.

We shouldn't worry one iota who Carlton select based off this. We dictate to them
Yeah I'm sure the Carlton match committee have had a few sleepless nights this week, trying to counter all our strengths. If we come to the MCG with the right attitude, we should be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news for Jack Trengove. He deserves a chance after strong form all year.

Disappointed about DBJ but good to see standards set and met.

Sucks about Jonas but Hombsch will give his usual solid honest game.

Great news for Jack Trengove. He deserves a chance after strong form all year.

Disappointed about DBJ but good to see standards set and met.

Sucks about Jonas but Hombsch will give his usual solid honest game.

I like no nonsense Ken.

A great time to combat complacency with a firm reminder.

so the thinking is playing trengove at hb? not to keen on that, lack of pace. but dont mind him having a crack in the midfield but again not with wines spp rocky etc.....
would have had watts back also
He would have to be playing as an inside midfielder.

The suggestion he should play at half back by rossfc was just him throwing shade at trengove.

Well that sure does shake up our defence, both Jonas and DBJ have been such keys for us back there.

Hombsch hasn't been too bad when he's played AFL this year so I'm confident he can do the job for us.

DBJ and Jonas aren't particularly fast players, and Hombsch isn't a slow plodder, so I don't really get the talk of us being 'too slow' now.

Great to see Trengove get his chance, playing at a familiar ground as well I'm sure he'll give his absolute all. Great to see Hombsch in too, probably unlucky to be dropped on multiple occasions this year so good on him.

DBJ and Jonas aren't particularly fast players, and Hombsch isn't a slow plodder, so I don't really get the talk of us being 'too slow' now.

Great to see Trengove get his chance, playing at a familiar ground as well I'm sure he'll give his absolute all. Great to see Hombsch in too, probably unlucky to be dropped on multiple occasions this year so good on him.

look at dbjs draft combine results

Hombsch is about as slow as an AFL standard player gets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back