Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sellers won’t be in this week.

My changes would be Comben, Ford, Greenwood in. Pending blues bring in Pittonet and play TDK forward to stretch us.

CCJ, Tucker, Lazarro out. Tucker as sub and Zurhaar/Sheezel more midfield minutes.

Greenwood as the ruck/2nd fwd hybrid role. If club sticks with CCJ, Phillips in.
If no sellers for another week that’s fine, CCJ one more week to prove himself and if not replaced the week after

Wilphil for laz
Comben for pink

footy2016
100% correct Sellers won't be in, he though has been a hot topic of conversation. al clarko doesn't feel he's ready.
Also I think we should be prepared for very little change. A coach would play Charlie if he got his way.
Goodwin would be all over Charlie.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

footy2016
100% correct Sellers won't be in, he though has been a hot topic of conversation. al clarko doesn't feel he's ready.
Also I think we should be prepared for very little change. A coach would play Charlie if he got his way.
So just wilphil for laz

With the slight chance of comben in if said coach does a good convincing job at MC

Reading between the lines, my guess is that it seems like Sellers isn't playing this week.

Ahead of week 1, there were media stories released by the club 3 days before the game announcing the debutants (Pink, McKercher, Duursma, Fisher, Stephens).

Week 2 didn't have any first gamers so no news stories.

The game is 1.5 days away and nothing about Sellers (nor about Comben, Biggie, etc) so I think it is unlikely we're seeing any of them included this week.

If no sellers for another week that’s fine, CCJ one more week to prove himself and if not replaced the week after

Wilphil for laz
Comben for pink
i can't understand the dislike for Pink ?! He's had 2 reasonable games (Better last Saturday) . He is a genuine defender and that is what is and where he plays. Don't get me wrong I love Chom but he's unproven on the big stage in that defensive role. The last thing we want to do is try to prove him vs the Carlton Gorillas this week where even David Dench , Darcy Moore & SOS would struggle against.

Last edited:
What is the story with Comben, has he fallen out of favour somehow, or is it just match conditioning? I am surprised that he has fallen out of favour after being a highlight of our early 2023 season.

What is the story with Comben, has he fallen out of favour somehow, or is it just match conditioning? I am surprised that he has fallen out of favour after being a highlight of our early 2023 season.
Match conditioning

But comben has now played 2 vfl prac games, an internal game and a vfl official match as a KPD

Should be ready or very close to

100% match conditioning. Clarko has said players don’t play until they are ready, hence the word on Sellers and same with Chom.

But he must be close. Gastro last week couldn’t have helped but still plays VFL and did well.

He’s learning a new role too so that might be playing into as well if they don’t feel he is 100% ready.

Certainly not out of favour but want him back for 10 years not 10 days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's see how competitive we can be and for how long. Let's be honest - this game shapes as a potential 10 goal plus thrashing. The Boos are playing well and look likely top four. I am very interested to see how much good footy we can play against them.
You reckon a half against Brisbane and a scrappy <1 goal win against a depleted Richmond constitute good form? It's not bad form but I've not been that impressed by them. I'd argue they're still working themselves out.

This might be the week it clicks for them, but they don't fill me with dread the way that, say, Geelong at alphabet stadium do or Melbourne in Melbourne do

If we ever win games like this, it will transform our club. It’s wins like this, on the big stage that will launch so much confidence. Massive game.

* me though, CCJ please no, and give W Phil, Greenwood or even Shiels a go. Let’s not do the same things over and over again and expect different results. We must reward good form

Last edited:

Not at all and our desire is to make him the linchpin of our back six. The issues is his fitness which is due to his injury.

And just on his injury history he's managed nine games in his four plus seasons. I'd suggested he's had more injuries than games played.

If footy was an ocean, Charlie is the Titanic and the opposition are icebergs.

He's all , " hmm, that's a big one, yeah * it, I'm going for it".

oh well as we say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back