Prediction Changes v GCs

What hilarious changes will we make this week?

• Out: RO'B, In: Jacobs

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • Out: CE-Y

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Out: Jenkins

Votes: 61 59.2%
  • Out: Kelly

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • Out: Murphy

Votes: 71 68.9%
  • In: Stengle

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • In: Himmelberg

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • In: The FOG

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Out: Mackay

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • In: Gibbs

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • In: Wilson

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • In: Greenwood

Votes: 87 84.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our club could benefit with some good old fashion coaching. They should approach tony lockett to come in to help with the forward line. Imagine him grabbing Jenkins by the throat and telling him to lead at the ball and if there happens to be 2 or 3 players in the way..keep leading right through them and get the ball. If not mr lockett would be waiting for him on the boundary line. It might put the frighteners into him

I think our club could benefit with some good old fashion coaching. They should approach tony lockett to come in to help with the forward line. Imagine him grabbing Jenkins by the throat and telling him to lead at the ball and if there happens to be 2 or 3 players in the way..keep leading right through them and get the ball. If not mr lockett would be waiting for him on the boundary line. It might put the frighteners into him
We need to get back to basics... See ball, get ball, use ball well or chase/harass/tackle when without... & run hard to present or provide options.

We appear to have major mental issues confused with the changing game plan, that we have forgotten about doing the basics well.

As much as I love Plugga, he's hardly a scary man anymore.

587d75bce838a08787f612e36d6927b9

Jenkins will never be a tough footballer. Never, but what he does have is a huge amount of athletic ability and zero care factor in the world. All you need to do is watch his body language 95% of the time. Bloke is laughing all the way to the bank. I do think that the right coach would play him in a much different role

The problem with the majority of our mob is that they think they're bigger than the club because they don't respect the people involved in the club, despite what they say, their actions prove other wise. How many times have posters here said this exact sentence "Imagine if Clarko was our coach.."..s**t he's even got Ricky Henderson putting his head over the footy. Fact is this playing group has ZERO respect for the coaches. /rant

Holding back Gallucci as emergency at a time when he is desperate for form, game time and to press his selection claims would be another stunningly poor decision, on par with our other howlers

Surely that's what lunks like Otten, Wilson and <deliberately unfilled rookie spot> are for?

Was Pyke responsible for the Wigg travelling emergency debacle where there was an SANFL bye the week later and then the state game or something meaning he hadn't played for 3 or 4 weeks. So by the time they realised what everyone bar Vader knew, VB was done at the level, he needed match practice again and that was it for him.

As much as I love Plugga, he's hardly a scary man anymore.

587d75bce838a08787f612e36d6927b9

Jenkins will never be a tough footballer. Never, but what he does have is a huge amount of athletic ability and zero care factor in the world. All you need to do is watch his body language 95% of the time. Bloke is laughing all the way to the bank. I do think that the right coach would play him in a much different role

The problem with the majority of our mob is that they think they're bigger than the club because they don't respect the people involved in the club, despite what they say, their actions prove other wise. How many times have posters here said this exact sentence "Imagine if Clarko was our coach.."..s**t he's even got Ricky Henderson putting his head over the footy. Fact is this playing group has ZERO respect for the coaches. /rant
Even as plugger is now..he would still rip jenkins a new one if he thought he was squibbing it

Even as plugger is now..he would still rip jenkins a new one if he thought he was squibbing it
Plugga would probably get flashbacks to his playing days, start licking his lips and lineup JJ on the playing field. Dude used to love to taunt defenders he was gonna smash 'em if they dared to drop back in the hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke is basically a Manager, he manages the team to follow his plan. The problem is when your plan is flawed you sink.

He doesn’t coach, he doesn’t think of tactics that will help beat a particular opponent, he sticks with his management plan.

Plus can anyone imagine him giving the team a emotive rev up? I can’t.
I recall him being labeled a tactical genius when we hired him.

I'm not convinced so far

He was very droppable in that role prior to being switched to half back when we got lucky. And by getting lucky I'm referring to Mackay getting injured.
He's got a nous for goals, is a strong overhead mark and great pace.... everything you want from a forward. But I'd rather he play predominantly midfield.

Pyke knows the word, he knows the meaning too but he's just a very average coach who values continuity well ahead of flexibility.
An average coach who played off in a GF

Plugga would probably get flashbacks to his playing days, start licking his lips and lineup JJ on the playing field. Dude used to love to taunt defenders he was gonna smash 'em if they dared to drop back in the hole.
For sure..worst position on the ground was when the coach told their ruck to drop in the hole infront of lockett. Literally they would be looking over their shoulder waiting for the steam train to arrive

Back