Prediction Changes v Wet Toast Beagles Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. So what's the solution to the scenario where Nicnat will not be denied and we get to watch a clean pair of Kelly heels on rinse and repeat? Is it Treloar with his hammies?
I think we just have to back in our midfield rotations to wear them down, maybe Libba or Dunks can put some work into him around the stoppages. Our midfields quite used to dealing with a dominant oppo ruckman so we should be right. I think Martin will be able to break even enough to give us a red hot chance

I think we just have to back in our midfield rotations to wear them down, maybe Libba or Dunks can put some work into him around the stoppages. Our midfields quite used to dealing with a dominant oppo ruckman so we should be right. I think Martin will be able to break even enough to give us a red hot chance
That's likely the approach we'll take and back them in as you say. However, if we can't contain Nicnat and his taps to space and advantage we may have a problem as our perceived advantage will be negated. It's possible the body work of our mids will take it's toll toward the end and may be enough if we're not chasing down a big lead.

We should learn a lot today about our ruck combination primarily and midfield secondly and any chinks in the armour that could be exposed and what, if anyything, might be required to shore things up.

Very concerned by our lack of height in defence. Keath/Gardner to Kennedy/Allen is fine, leaving Williams (?) to Darling which is barely ok, but who goes to Vardy?
Already 8 goals between their big 3 in the first 3 quarters, a blind man could have seen this coming

Maybe. So what's the solution to the scenario where Nicnat will not be denied and we get to watch a clean pair of Kelly heels on rinse and repeat? Is it Treloar with his hammies?
I suspect that the answer to the question posed can be found in these centre bounce stats from Billy Bob65 post in the review thread.

Q4

Treloar 8
Macrae 6
Libba 5
Lipinski 5 wing
Hunter 5 wing
Bont 4
Dale 2 wing
Dunkley 1

The *answer being that if an unstoppable Nicnat is clearing the melee and tapping to space for a speedster to run onto we'll put Treloar on their burst player to stop him. And I'm happy enough with that given the effectiveness and outcome.

*Assuming that was the answer. My real time recollections are fuzzy and haven't watched a replay...a stats based assumption

Remove this Banner Ad

Back