Prediction Changes vs Carlt’n

Remove this Banner Ad

No change.

Watts was involved in something in the first quarter that I haven't seen but heard on the wireless. Is it anything that gets looked at being a Port player?

Blues board is interesting. Looking at Casbolt as a ruck. Not sure that can end well.

Be interesting to see this year if we are different at selection. As in will just keep backing the players in because they won or select alternative players to suit the opposition better or replace players who had ordinary games.

The last thing we want is to roll up and get done by Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t think SPP was that bad. In the second quarter he was like a terrier in our forward half. He missed multiple opportunities at goal, which crept into his game halfway through 2017 and has stayed with him since. But he was better than most of Melbourne’s mids. A little over-exuberant with his tackling leading to some frees against, but I would keep him in.

Give Ollie another week to consolidate his recovery.

Agree with the calls for DBJ to be under most pressure when Hartlett is ready to return.

No changes. Wines comes back when he's definitely 100%, and if that requires a SANFL game first, so be it. Hartlett back in a few weeks once he's gained match fitness.

Playing underdone players hurt us last year, but at least as of round 2, we don't need to this year. There's time to make sure they're right.

Thoughts- are we now playing a style that demands speed and line breaking. If Hammer, wines and Dixon come back in, do we lose 3 of these younger players with leg speed? Bonner/DBJ/Marshall/Amon or the debutants?

Hammer I can forgive because of his line breaking kicking...

Watts could get a week.

Marshall could miss one with concussion.

So either Dougal or Billy could get a run.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Watts didn't get anywhere near making high contact on Oliver - I assume that's the incident you're referring to.
Oliver is a pox on the game with his flopping to the ground, faking high contact. He should get a week to stamp it out

DBJ is the only one under pressure for mine, seems to have taken Pittards role yesterday. Needs to be stamped out quick

The players in question that had “shockers” or poor disposal, were at least getting their hands first on the footy ahead of the footy. Draw on the positives that it’s early in the season and cobwebs were apparent. Got the win and next week their efficiency should be much better. Only change could be Marshall out with concussion and Big Billy who’s been in good form, coming in.

I didn’t think SPP was that bad. In the second quarter he was like a terrier in our forward half. He missed multiple opportunities at goal, which crept into his game halfway through 2017 and has stayed with him since. But he was better than most of Melbourne’s mids. A little over-exuberant with his tackling leading to some frees against, but I would keep him in.
As bad as he was......

20190324_094501.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back