Preview Changes Vs Golden Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: VDM, McNeil, Harmes
In: Daniel, Macrae, and Clarke if we stay small, or otherwise I'd much prefer Darcy to Keath if we're adding a key defender

Those 3 cost the team dearly.

This week will be a test on the new coaching setup.

Historically, like Ayce Cordy, McComb, Gowers, Honeychurch etc before them, all three of the above players would have played multiple weeks on the trot, irrespective of their performances. On Thursday we at least get to see if the new voices on the MC have any bite.

Harmes will obviously miss due to the suspension, but if McNeil and VDM keep their spots, we unfortunately have proof that very little has changed in how things are run behind the scenes, regardless of personell and "more strategic structures" being implemented.

Last edited:
Marra leads and moves. Naughty's started off doing that then stopped. I would want May on Marra as he would run him around and take him out of position
Not with our ball movement he wouldn’t, if we had quick open movement from defence sure Marra would burn May, as would Naughty. You’re kidding yourself if you think that on the weekend with no Naughty there Marra wouldn’t have been straight up wrestling with May whilst we slowly prop and stop up the wing and finally put it on his head to Mays advantage, with Lever flying over the top

In: Macrae, Daniel, Jones, Keath
Out: Harmes, VDM, McNeil, Coffield

Gags unlucky but moved to sub

Coffield was decent but we need keath in for team balance. GC play 3 talls so keath can play on Casboult.

Arthur Jones is low production but at least he has good AFL level attributes. We missed a clean crumbing forward half player on the weekend

Garcia was very good from a few different reports. I personally would prefer a guy like Bedendo to get a look in, but wouldn't surprise me if Garcia is named in the 23...

Not with our ball movement he wouldn’t, if we had quick open movement from defence sure Marra would burn May, as would Naughty. You’re kidding yourself if you think that on the weekend with no Naughty there Marra wouldn’t have been straight up wrestling with May whilst we slowly prop and stop up the wing and finally put it on his head to Mays advantage, with Lever flying over the top
No not kidding myself, just watched 3 qtrs of a game where Naughton never pushed up to the wings and run May around instead of allow him to intercept

Witts will give English an absolute bath.

Not thrilled to watch us try and stop the momentum from centre bounce after the abysmal shift we put in against the Demons.

Prediction - Bulldogs to kick the first 4 and look to be in cruise control only to concede 5 goals in a row in the 2nd and end up losing by 32.
This is what is so frustrating (amongst other things). The same thing every week... Play well enough to get several goals in front... get reeled in by teams that get a goal run on.....not adjust... and get rolled...every single time...

It’s interesting how many people on here were calling for a smaller backline, which clearly didn’t work. Macrae out because he was the problem last year, even though the team has performed at its best with him in the midfield. Darcy can’t play because he isn’t ready based off nothing, unlike Lobb who has been awful in most games he’s played for the club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand why so many people are advocating for Buku to remain in the team, as well as keeping Coffield, plus advocating for other players to fill the 2nd KPD role.

Our Defence lacked rebound and run last week, and Buku was a factor in that problem.

After last week's performance, I think he and Coffield are competing for one spot in the team, and currently Coffield is ahead.

Don't understand why so many people are advocating for Buku to remain in the team, as well as keeping Coffield, plus advocating for other players to fill the 2nd KPD role.

Our Defence lacked rebound and run last week, and Buku was a factor in that problem.

After last week's performance, I think he and Coffield are competing for one spot in the team, and currently Coffield is ahead.
So you want more run than Bramble, Dale, JJ, Ed? Jones & Coffield the two ‘talls’?

Bold strategy mate

So you want more run than Bramble, Dale, JJ, Ed? Jones & Coffield the two ‘talls’?

Bold strategy mate

As a unit our defence provided very little rebound last week, as well as allowing the opposition to kick 109 points. It was neither effective at being stingy nor at being attacking.

Like Buku, Coffield didn't provide much rebound but at least he made less mistakes.
If you want to play them together plus Jones and another tall, I would suggest that isn't a great strategy.

Keath in for Buku makes sense.
Switching Naughton back and bringing Darcy in as a forward would also make some sense.
Keeping Buku in preference to Coffield would also make more sense than keeping them both.

B: Coffield Jones Duryea
HB: Richards Keath Johannisen
C: Macrae Daniel Treloar
HF: Weightman Naughton Dale
F: Lobb Ugle-Hagan West
R: English Bontempelli Liberatore
Int: Sanders Bramble Williams Darcy
Sub: Bedendo

I don’t think this will happen but I would move Naughton to CHB and bring in Darcy up forward. Rotate English and Darcy in the ruck and forward and use Naughton forward only if absolutely necessary.

Tell Weightman he is not to fly for a mark unless he is the only Bulldog forward in the contest otherwise he gets front and centre or off the back of the pack for the spill and the crumb and applies pressure to the defenders.

Move Khamis to the bench rotating as either a forward or defender as needed.

Based on what Bevo said about Macrae, I don’t expect him to be available this week.

So my changes would be:
Out: Lobb, McNeil, VDM, Harmes
In: Darcy, Daniel, Clarke, Poulter

Sub: Bedendo or Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back