Preview Changes vs Lions - Rd 11 2020, Sat 8th

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t rate Gardner, but to be fair to Bevo he sees a lot more of him than we do and he performed pretty well in one of the preseason games. Might be rounds one and two weren’t really indicative of his capabilities.

Guess we’ll find out, but if he makes a critical turnover in a close one this board will be shut down for an industrial clean.

Gardner played as a forward for his first 2 games as I recall, those thinking he will impact forward may be disappointed. He was clearly was not up to speed
Not saying he'd necessarily have done much up forward (though he could've popped up for a lucky goal or two), more that he'd cause less damage to the team there than down back. Up front he wouldn't give away 3/4 goals from free kicks, run into own players etc etc

Young has certainly done MORE than Gardner so I agree with rating him higher. Like let’s be honest he’s had some very impressive games at the level along with plenty of net negative absolute garbage ones. Whereas with Gardner it’s just been garbage.

what we’re really talking about is stale chips versus stale bread. One has a bit more to work with but you’re not gonna be thrilled eating either one.
Nah, I rate Young's potential highly.

His ceiling (that we've seen shades of) is excellent. He may not end up hitting that ceiling consistently, but he's proven to be more than capable at AFL level a few times, which Gardner never has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back