Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
IN: Grima, Urquhart
OUT: McMahon, Ziebell

Grima should be right by next week. McMahon needs to go back to the VFL and get some consistency in his efforts.

Hopefully Urquhart can step up for Ziebs. Was good in the VFL yesterday.

Azza could challenge for Warren's spot given their respective games.

I thought Urquhart was fairly average in the VFL and really should have to string together a good month of footy down there if he wants his spot back.

Grima comes back for Ziebell and Adams takes his spot in the rotation. I'd probably bring Edwards in as well.

Doubt they will drop McMahon, but if it happens I hope to god they play MacMillan ahead of Urquhart.

• Banned
Campbell was pissing me off all day, looked like he had to do a lot more work in the midfield today, and it probably looked different on tv, but from the pocket I was wedged into, I was getting pissed with him.

Agree on McMahon, not sure I'd drop him though.

Azza for Campbell is something I'd float.

Yeah, Matty didn't do much, but he still chased and laid tackles and that pacy pressure is important I reckon. If Azza comes in, it has to be for Wazza or forwardline pressure would suffer. Sydney love to create off a HBF.

I thought Urquhart was fairly average in the VFL and really should have to string together a good month of footy down there if he wants his spot back.

Yep agree.

He wouldn't have been in North Ballarats best 10 players yesterday and he has a long way to go.

He could even end up being trade bait.

Grima comes back for Ziebell and Adams takes his spot in the rotation. I'd probably bring Edwards in as well.

We could do with another hit up forward if we are going to continue with piss farting around bringing the ball in to the forward line.

Am I wrong in thinking Drew will be brought back in for this crunch game?

Throughout all of Boomers media gigs, he has mentioned the fact Drew thinks he is fit for the Sydney game....

I thought Urquhart was fairly average in the VFL

Surprising. I don't know how many times he got it, but I thought most of his possessions were good and he got NB out of a lot of tight spots coming out of the backline.

Love to see him given the challenge to step up for Ziebs in the midfield.

Am I wrong in thinking Drew will be brought back in for this crunch game?

Throughout all of Boomers media gigs, he has mentioned the fact Drew thinks he is fit for the Sydney game....
From this article http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/97450/default.aspx

Forward Drew Petrie, who was taken through a training session on Skilled Stadium after the game, is rated a "good chance" to return from a broken foot next week.

"Once he's available to join full training and he trains well, we'll make a call on when he plays," Scott said.

"His return is imminent."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're playing at the SCG aren't we? So I'd look at bring C.Jones back- has certainly lost some pace, but I think he could go very well. Out Campbell.

Leigh Harding as well for Zeibell.

With Petrie up and running + Hale having a good game in the VFL could we see Land of the Giants return?

No. Hale was ok but his work was mostly done in the back line punching the ball away whe they were coming back in the last quarter. Until then he'd done little. Can forget about Urquhart too. He was very ordinary. I never saw Werribee but on North Ballarat's game Edwards would be the likely inclusion from that.

Yeah, Matty didn't do much, but he still chased and laid tackles and that pacy pressure is important I reckon. If Azza comes in, it has to be for Wazza or forwardline pressure would suffer. Sydney love to create off a HBF.

This is what Blighty was talking about last night. Some teams and players seem to pride themselves and their reputations on chasing and laying tackles. Sadly that is at the expense of actually getting the freakin' ball. You put more pressure on a defence by getting your hands on the ball and kicking a score.

This is what Blighty was talking about last night. Some teams and players seem to pride themselves and their reputations on chasing and laying tackles. Sadly that is at the expense of actually getting the freakin' ball. You put more pressure on a defence by getting your hands on the ball and kicking a score.

That is a very simplistic view. Did Blight really say that?

Surprising. I don't know how many times he got it, but I thought most of his possessions were good and he got NB out of a lot of tight spots coming out of the backline.

Love to see him given the challenge to step up for Ziebs in the midfield.

Gav's disposals were very good but there weren't a whole lot of them.

It's gonna turn for Matty. He's working really hard off the ball - he'll get reward for effort, especially if Drew does come back.

I'd have Aaron in ahead of Warren. You'd reckon Ben is better than Aaron on the deck but he falls over and fumbles too much. Azza for mine because he can actually mark the thing.

Hamish - take out his last quarter and he was ****ing abysmal. Goldy is so far ahead of him it's not funny. If Drew is ready, I'd drop the big stick of fairy floss.

In: Petrie, Edwards, Grima
Out: Ziebell, Warren, McIntosh.

In: Grima, Harding/Jones
Out: McIntosh, Ziebell (injured)

I'd keep Warren and Campbell in. Given who they were playing on, they were never going to dominate. Give them a rocket and watch them respond.

I'd like to see Wright spend more time in the midfield with Ziebell out.

Harding and CJ have both been very good in the VFL. Form needs to be rewarded. Edwards can string a few more together first :thumbsu: Ditto Urquhart.

Huge game for us & our first real opportuntity to see how much we have improved throughout the season. From memory we matched them for a half and then could not sustain the pressure.

Huge shame about Ziebell but would love to have Petrie back in the team. Not as convinced by Edwards anymore. I think the SCG may be to Thomas' liking & hoping for another massive haul.

IN: Grima, Urquhart
OUT: McMahon, Ziebell

Grima should be right by next week. McMahon needs to go back to the VFL and get some consistency in his efforts.

Hopefully Urquhart can step up for Ziebs. Was good in the VFL yesterday.

Azza could challenge for Warren's spot given their respective games.

Have you watched the VFL game on Sat? Gav isn't even close to a game IMO. Not sure about Werribee, but the only blokes I'd consider from NB this week would be Edwards and Harding. Hale has a way to go, but showed some signs of life, and could come in if we needed him. Jones is always there, if required. That's it.

Not sure if Grima is ready to come back straight away, but apart from him, I'd maybe bring in Petrie and Edwards for Ziebell and Lower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back