Preview Changes vs Tigers (Round 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment the glass half full side of my brain thinks this'll be the game we stamp our authority again as top four fancies. Play in a similar fashion to the prelim and the tigers are sitting at HT 10 goals down wondering what happened.

Then the glass half empty takes over and winces at the lack of any authoritative KPD against two established KPFs amongst some other tall timber. When the tigers have a dominant patch out of the middle they'll kick 5-6 goals in a 10 minute period and it's game over.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle - we will generally dominate contested ball, territory and inside 50s but will only win if we have somewhere near half-decent conversion.

1-3 would be a lot to come back from for top four. Not unheard of as I think the lions did it only last year, and we have a fairly decent run of games coming up. But 2-2 having already played demons/blues/swans/tigers looks a whole lot better.
Time you filled up the glass Hutchy.

Cheers!! :beercheers:

At least we’ve lost a lot of the worst butcherers out of the team now - Rourke and Hannan are the two biggest culprits, Cordy too. Skills going to need to be on point tomorrow, let’s ambush them, pressure through the roof all day and use the ball well to hit up targets inside 50 and kick our ******* set shots

If I recall correctly, Tim O'Brien was taken with the pick we traded out to Hawthorn alongside Brian Lake in 2012, with the picks we received back being used to get Hrovat and Koby Stevens.

Only one of those 4 players is playing for either club this round, so I'm comfortable to conclude that we won that trade :cool:

If I recall correctly, Tim O'Brien was taken with the pick we traded out to Hawthorn alongside Brian Lake in 2012, with the picks we received back being used to get Hrovat and Koby Stevens.

Only one of those 4 players is playing for either club this round, so I'm comfortable to conclude that we won that trade :cool:
Especially after the 2025 Granny when TOB has his third premiership medal and a Norm!

So is McNeil in because he kicked 5 goals, or because as I think Mofra noted, he also laid 9 tackles last week? Don't tell Scrag though, he thinks it's all superficial and based on shiny things (goals).

Plus McNeil is a better ruck than Hannan, Butler, Daniel, Dale, Scott, VDM and Duryea.*

* Not verifiable, not objective, and purely based off the fact he kicked 5 goals last week.

At least we’ve lost a lot of the worst butcherers out of the team now - Rourke and Hannan are the two biggest culprits, Cordy too. Skills going to need to be on point tomorrow, let’s ambush them, pressure through the roof all day and use the ball well to hit up targets inside 50 and kick our ******* set shots
This forum is always saying Cordy is a butcher... i'd love a couple of examples from recent games. His action is ugly, but he doesnt bite off more than he can chew and is generally pretty neat kicking

Bev has played Brett Goodes in the ruck. By no means does Hannan out mean Sweet or Schache is coming in. He would put Caleb in there if he really felt like making a point. Maybe he will…as was pointed out Hannan is as effective a ruck as literally anyone else we have out there. Most likely we see Bont, Dunks and/or Naughts go in there.

Tigers defense contains a cooked Tarrant and a fourth gamer in Gibcus as their key backs. Realistically, Naughton and Jamarra should have a field day. Really depends on what our midfield dishes up.
Yeah as much as I'm worried about our defence, I imagine the Tigers are equally worried about theirs

Yeah as much as I'm worried about our defence, I imagine the Tigers are equally worried about theirs
They at least have options though. Balta is a good a matchup as you would find for Naughton athletically. I think they'll try to win the game with him up forward first though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't care who wins or loses this one. In 7.59 billion years the Earth will be swallowed by the Sun and all of this will be forgotten and have meant nothing.
Dunno. I'm still hoping we'll have squeezed in another flag before then.

They at least have options though. Balta is a good a matchup as you would find for Naughton athletically. I think they'll try to win the game with him up forward first though.

Balta has been playing forward

This forum is always saying Cordy is a butcher... i'd love a couple of examples from recent games. His action is ugly, but he doesnt bite off more than he can chew and is generally pretty neat kicking
Yeah I actually agree with you a bit Cordy gets a raw deal on here when in reality he plays within his means offensively, butcherer was a bit harsh - I just don’t like having Gardener and Cordy always our two deepest defenders for the switch etc.

Having one of them swapped for Williams is a really good result for our ball movement, and I feel Hannan & Rourke are the two worst culprits further up the field and constantly break down our chains by either not having the confidence to attempt a somewhat difficult kick or worse just straight up turning it over - so I’m pretty rapt to have them out of the mix for this week at least

We have seen this time after time yet people still want to bring him back
Did he not play well in defence towards the end of last year when allowed to settle and knowing that he won't be dropped. He knows Gardner can do what he likes and will continue to get a game. Same as plenty before him and Hannan in the current team. He was dropped after playing the whole pre season and then put on a wing in the first game. Yes he was poor but how many chances do others get, as someone else commented it was the same with Lewis Young

How many times do people need to see Schache spud it up before they will concede that he's a spud?
Do you ever take a potato out, look at it and think "it's just a potato" and put it back? Then do that again several times more?
Then one day you take that potato out, and think "I could roast that, or scallop it"?

And the resulting roast/scallop potato/es are the best thing you've ever tasted?

This isn't an analogy for Schache btw, I just like potatoes roasted and scalloped.

My brother in Phoenix wanted me to tell him who to bet on this week. Sydney and Collingwood are not worth it he said. I suggested us and Essendon. Good bets? He did put a few $ on us to win the GF last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back