Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank came to the club. Disliked CEO, gone, disliked coach gone.

Whilst no doubt thats all true he was so disliked by anyone and everyone I ever talked to. I didn’t like him and that was followed up by the finger business to members. Blighty had a big hand in him getting job at Geel and then Adel. I think also the Adelaide supporters didn’t have much time for him either.
Will be the same with Scott by 2022.

Whilst no doubt thats all true he was so disliked by anyone and everyone I ever talked to. I didn’t like him and that was followed up by the finger business to members. Blighty had a big hand in him getting job at Geel and then Adel. I think also the Adelaide supporters didn’t have much time for him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember hearing he gave the players s**t about the 89 gf. Prick.

Funnily enough Frank was at the club from around 1996, so took him awhile to discover dislike.

Funnily enough Frank was at the club from around 1996, so took him awhile to discover dislike.

He only became president ‘98. Nunn sacked end of that year. Cook appointed CEO, ‘99. Ayres gone ‘99. So wise guy I think he moved pretty damn quick.

How does anyone really still have faith that Chris Scott can turn the side around? He IS an impressionable media representation/recording, I have to give him that and a club could certainly do a lot worse in this respect. But is heralding the media rat-race the central tenet of being the head coach and if so, how effective is such an appointment in augmenting the success of the club at THE FOOTBALL LEVEL?

Evidence? I’m just going to assume you’re talking out of your ass otherwise.

Of course they can delegate while being there. That doesn’t mean they need to be there every second of every day though - that’s the whole point of delegation! Let other people do the day-to-day while you handle “big picture” stuff. Again, you have no idea what he’s done and is doing to transition our game plan. Therefore you have no idea how vital or not vital his presence would be, so get off the guy’s back. Plenty of time to put the rod over his back next year when we can actually see the results, or lack thereof. We still probably wouldn't be able to say it was his absence that caused it, but you'd at least have more ammunition to make that argument.

To my mind, you’d have more of a case firing up over Matty Knights being away right now - much less of a hierarchical gap between him and the players. There’s a whole bevy of assistants who are more involved with individual players than Scotty will ever have time to be, present or not.

If I was in his position, I would have made everyone - players and assistants alike - aware of what the priorities were before Xmas, get the buy in from everyone, and then trusted them to go off and get it done. That’s pretty much what he’d be doing if he was there anyway, because pre-Christmas training is much more individualised than afterwards - primarily building the fitness and touching up individual skill areas to suit the game plan. After Christmas is when the team-oriented stuff and the real match prep tends to happen, when everyone has the fitness base and the fresh skills to pull it off, and that's when Scott's presence is most valuable (or not, depending on how jaded you are ;) ).

TL : DR - who the **** cares, as long as we get results?
So much wishful thinking. Honestly, I wish I was like this aswell!

You post great stuff, but this is crapola.
No matter what he does, he'll be chastised.
This time last year he was away for a lot longer due to family reasons.
The club has ways to deal with coaches on leave. There is no terrible message. If anything, he needs and deserves a lot of tIme for R & R. This is the time to do it.
I love you Vdubs but Scott could murder a child and you would still defend him.

So? 1 year, I took 2 months off. All earned, all entitled. This leave thing is the stupidest gripe I have heard from his critics to date. You guys are really clutching at straws and triggered by anything.

Can we get back to preseason news that is actually interesting and might have an impact on our season next year instead of clogging it up with this boring crap?

For example, why is it taking two weeks to get over tonsillitis?
I deem this to be important. If you don't then that's fine.

He needs a break regardless of what people think of him, What did Paddy say? Its building a base and skills pre Christmas then come Jan they start on game plan, tactics etc.

They're currently completing 3 match simulation sessions per week. He should be there for those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bucks is taking 3 months off in Italy. Its a new deal so he’s delegating and de stressing. What are you going on about Stan.

Hmmm, what about the other 16 coaches... should we just ignore what they're doing this time of year?

Don't get upset mate. Honestly, it's not even the new year yet. It's too early for that s**t. I'm sure that we'll have some good debates as the season ramps up!

Stan, we need you over on the bay. You’re wasted trolling Cats supporters. Chief needs you ASAP.

Stan, we need you over on the bay. You’re wasted trolling Cats supporters. Chief needs you ASAP.

I'm comfortable here thanks. Let's talk about the other 16 coaches that are actually committed to their clubs pre season.... you need to wake up to yourself!

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy opinions that are different to yours!

I'm comfortable here thanks. Let's talk about the other 16 coaches that are actually committed to their clubs pre season.... you need to wake up to yourself!

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy opinions that are different to yours!

So CS is not committed to the clubs preseason. What a toss.

Sure he's not :rolleyes::drunk:
And im sure you have factual emails from CS saying * preseason.

I get the point of him not being there. That said he's entitled to a break.
If he'd missed the FA and draft period im sure the sooking would be bigger than it is now.
The basic preseason work between Nov and Jan 4 IMO is the time of least loss - especially considering fitness and basic gameplan seems to be the emphasis at this time and there is every other line and fitness coach available to install it.

Go Catters

How does anyone really still have faith that Chris Scott can turn the side around? He IS an impressionable media representation/recording, I have to give him that and a club could certainly do a lot worse in this respect. But is heralding the media rat-race the central tenet of being the head coach and if so, how effective is such an appointment in augmenting the success of the club at THE FOOTBALL LEVEL?
The fact he was able to significantly change our game plan throughout the year tells me he is capable of change moving forward.

He made a make shift backline work, and a forwardline with really only one genuine target passable.

This idea that he is a one trick pony is wrong. Also, which coach would have done better with our list this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back