Roast Classic Tom Browne Moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Damo had a fair whack at Tommy on today's episode of the Sounding Board.

Damo: Hutchy, I didn't catch up with this when it happened, but did Tom Browne have an issue with Twitter yesterday?

Hutchy: I read that someone had a fake tweet about him.

D: Someone pointed it out to me after the event... here we go. I've got it here from Jane's running sheet. So... I probably don't think I want to go into to what he's referring to here in case it's very serious, what may have happened. But this is a tweet from Tom Browne on Monday: [READ'S TOM BROWNE'S TWEET ABOUT A FAKE TWEET ATTRIBUTED TO HIM CIRCULATING]... I want to have this conversation about Tom Browne's tweets and other's tweets without knowing what it was that he's complaining about, okay, because it might be serious, but... I don't know what... Tom probably should look at his Twitter work in the starting point anyway, shouldn't he?

H: What do you mean?

D: Well do you follow him?

H: I follow him because he breaks as much news as what he does. You can't dispute his newsmanship.

D: No, I've never disputed his newsmanship. I rate him highly as a newsman.

H: Well what are you saying? You're having a go at what he tweets?

D: I'm very close to muting him is what I'm saying.

H: Oh my goodness. You've been such a leader of other journos, and such a believer in the code and all this and you want to turn it...

D: And again, before anyone makes anything more of this than what it is, I don't know what he's referring to with regards to the fake bit. It might be really serious, and I want to say that before I said what I said and I'm going to say it again now. I don't know what he's referring to but I think a look back on Tom's timeline, he might want to just, maybe, not comment on everything.

H: Yeah but some people are just active on Twitter, aren't they? Some people are just active.

D: Well when I say I might mute him, I have muted him.

H: Hang on a minute... you've blocked Tom Browne?

D: No, there's a difference. Someone told me the other day there's a difference between muting and blocking/

H: What is that?

D: Well it probably doesn't matter now given I've declared I've muted him, but they don't know you've blocked them if you mute. And that's the first time I've muted someone. I'm the greatest blocker in the history of Twitter, Hutchy, as you know.

H: Here's just a little bit of everyday advice for you: if you're going to mute someone, rather than block them on Twitter so they don't know about it, perhaps don't tell the podcast that's got 100,000 listeners or whatever.

D: It's what I just said Hutchy. It's what I just said.

H: That mute worked out well didn't it. Put that down to one of your great successful moves, Damo, you've muted Tom Browne on Twitter then told everyone about it. Well done. That's a strategy. I feel for Tom. He's a ripper. He's a newsmanship... that's not even a word, I made that up, here we go.

D: How condescending's that? He's a ripper?

H: He breaks news Damo.

D: Hutchy I'm not disputing the fact he breaks news, he breaks seriously good news and has for a number of years.

H: He has a fertile mind, he's a hard worker. He's cut from the cloth that I like in journalists which is have a go, and break the odd egg but be prepared to have a crack. I don't support your views.

D: I don't need running commentary from Tom on the coronavirus.

H: Yeah but a lot of people out there just feel better about being able to vent regularly on Twitter.

D: Yep. Find another platform.

Who’s Damo think he is? Tommy’s a human boy too. He’s tweeting about something that has the whole world in a state of flux at the moment. If Damo was fair he’d be having a crack at Eddie and other sports journalists for veering out of their lane.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damo: Hutchy, I didn't catch up with this when it happened, but did Tom Browne have an issue with Twitter yesterday?

D: Someone pointed it out to me after the event... here we go. I've got it here from Jane's running sheet. So... I probably don't think I want to go into to what he's referring to here in case it's very serious, what may have happened. But this is a tweet from Tom Browne on Monday: [READ'S TOM BROWNE'S TWEET ABOUT A FAKE TWEET ATTRIBUTED TO HIM CIRCULATING]... I want to have this conversation about Tom Browne's tweets and other's tweets without knowing what it was that he's complaining about, okay, because it might be serious, but... I don't know what... Tom probably should look at his Twitter work in the starting point anyway, shouldn't he?

H: I follow him because he breaks as much news as what he does. You can't dispute his newsmanship.

H: Oh my goodness. You've been such a leader of other journos, and such a believer in the code and all this and you want to turn it...

D: And again, before anyone makes anything more of this than what it is, I don't know what he's referring to with regards to the fake bit. It might be really serious, and I want to say that before I said what I said and I'm going to say it again now. I don't know what he's referring to but I think a look back on Tom's timeline, he might want to just, maybe, not comment on everything.

H: Yeah but some people are just active on Twitter, aren't they? Some people are just active.

D: No, there's a difference. Someone told me the other day there's a difference between muting and blocking/

D: Well it probably doesn't matter now given I've declared I've muted him, but they don't know you've blocked them if you mute. And that's the first time I've muted someone. I'm the greatest blocker in the history of Twitter, Hutchy, as you know.

H: Here's just a little bit of everyday advice for you: if you're going to mute someone, rather than block them on Twitter so they don't know about it, perhaps don't tell the podcast that's got 100,000 listeners or whatever.

H: That mute worked out well didn't it. Put that down to one of your great successful moves, Damo, you've muted Tom Browne on Twitter then told everyone about it. Well done. That's a strategy. I feel for Tom. He's a ripper. He's a newsmanship... that's not even a word, I made that up, here we go.

D: Hutchy I'm not disputing the fact he breaks news, he breaks seriously good news and has for a number of years.

H: He has a fertile mind, he's a hard worker. He's cut from the cloth that I like in journalists which is have a go, and break the odd egg but be prepared to have a crack. I don't support your views.

H: Yeah but a lot of people out there just feel better about being able to vent regularly on Twitter.

Hutchy was chasing ambulances before Tommy was out of primary school.

If they were in a line up who would you punch first?
Tom?
Damo?
Robbo?
Dwayne Russell?

For mine - brass knux on each hand and Derwayne and Tom copping it in the mush :)
(I'm luckily ambidextrous and proficient with both hands)

Russell...but the others I’d be itching to swing at ...so badly

Say what you will about Tom, but I for one can't wait for his new album of romantic ballads to drop.

is there anyone left male in Australian society who still wears a jumper tied at the sleeves around their neck ...in any moment ...who isn’t gay ?

So 80s. Even rob lowe himself wouldn’t dare do that #### now.

You can pick a shithouse journalist by their confirmation bias of repeating things they have previously said 5 seconds earlier or repeat the same thing in a sentence

If they were in a line up who would you punch first?
Tom?
Damo?
Robbo?
Dwayne Russell?

For mine - brass knux on each hand and Derwayne and Tom copping it in the mush :)
(I'm luckily ambidextrous and proficient with both hands)
Definitely Slobo first but would be a combo,one wouldn't be anywhere near enough, then a toss up between the other 2 DHs tom and damo (combos for them as well)
Don't have a problem with Dwayne.

EVhol1bU0AAsJCV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back