Climate Change and Bad Psychology Jokes

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't do it. Chose climate change instead. Now fear for my life everyday. Would not recommend
Don't do an environmental degree. No joke, almost every course I did had at least one or half a lecture on climate change.

Don't do an environmental degree. No joke, almost every course I did had at least one or half a lecture on climate change.

Yeah mine was in the context of public health. Was actually a genuinely interesting course but it was easy to get lost in the fact that we're all doomed.

Not surprised climate change popped up a lot in your course, must have made for some depressing lectures though.

Indoctrination at it finest.

Indoctrination at it finest.
Lol... I believe in science. Indoctrination is a word that should only be used in relation to religion.

Chappy.... Please... Don't tell me you're a denier.

I dont deny anything. Climate change does exist. I have read an awful lot of varying literature on the subject and I'm yet to be persuaded that is is caused predominately by man.

I am a farmer's son so I am all about treating the land and the environment with respect.

I just made the comment as I feel there is no 'other side' to debates in schools and unis these days.

Give people both views and let them make up their own mind.

I dont deny anything. Climate change does exist. I have read an awful lot of varying literature on the subject and I'm yet to be persuaded that is is caused predominately by man.

I am a farmer's son so I am all about treating the land and the environment with respect.

I just made the comment as I feel there is no 'other side' to debates in schools and unis these days.

Give people both views and let them make up their own mind.
I'll reply to this further this afternoon.

However even if, IF, we aren't predominantly responsible then does it hurt us to continue looking for ways we can reduce our contribution? What benefit do we get from whatever evidence says we aren't at fault?

What is the evidence that we aren't at fault anyway?

Did you ever get taught the opposing view and be left to make up your own mind?

There's no opposing view that's backed by peer reviewed data, so no.

In the same way, I didn't learn that decapitation is good for you, because not every situation has two viewpoints.

I'll reply to this further this afternoon.

However even if, IF, we aren't predominantly responsible then does it hurt us to continue looking for ways we can reduce our contribution? What benefit do we get from whatever evidence says we aren't at fault?

What is the evidence that we aren't at fault anyway?

I'm not for a second saying we shouldn't look for ways to make us more sustainable. I grew up with the notion of sustainability.

I just look at facts and the fact is the volcano in Indonesia that has been causing flight chaos spews more carbon into the atmosphere in a month than all the man-made carbon produced by Australia in a year.

Yes we as humans need to stop being over-reliant on digging up stuff that will soon be gone. Yes we need to treat the environment with respect. Yes we need to become more sustainable and find ways to lessen our burden on the world.

I just find that this is a separate argument to carbon pollution (whatever happened to that term).

We can do enormous damage at a local level but I think it's arrogant to think that we are in charge of the world. Mother nature is in charge and we are just spectators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no opposing view that's backed by peer reviewed data, so no.

In the same way, I didn't learn that decapitation is good for you, because not every situation has two viewpoints.

Oh dear.

I'm not for a second saying we shouldn't look for ways to make us more sustainable. I grew up with the notion of sustainability.

I just look at facts and the fact is the volcano in Indonesia that has been causing flight chaos spews more carbon into the atmosphere in a month than all the man-made carbon produced by Australia in a year.

Yes we as humans need to stop being over-reliant on digging up stuff that will soon be gone. Yes we need to treat the environment with respect. Yes we need to become more sustainable and find ways to lessen our burden on the world.

I just find that this is a separate argument to carbon pollution (whatever happened to that term).

We can do enormous damage at a local level but I think it's arrogant to think that we are in charge of the world. Mother nature is in charge and we are just spectators.
I agree with a lot of what you said.

I think we are upsetting the balance big time though. I don't think you can say we are merely spectators.

I agree with a lot of what you said.

I think we are upsetting the balance big time though. I don't think you can say we are merely spectators.

There's so many powers like earthquakes, volcanoes, and cyclones that we can't possibly control or be responsible for.

There's so many powers like earthquakes, volcanoes, and cyclones that we can't possibly control or be responsible for.
It's true, however they think that climate change has made these events much more intense and more frequent (maybe not volcanoes and quakes but definitely anything atmospheric). Cause and effect.

It's true, however they think that climate change has made these events much more intense and more frequent (maybe not volcanoes and quakes but definitely anything atmospheric). Cause and effect.

I agree. I just think its easier to demonise anyone that questions man made climate change as a Humner driving, tree destroying, denier who clubs baby seals than actually engaging in debate with them and understanding there are wildly varying views. You may not agree with them but shutting them out and simply saying the science is settled when it very clearly isnt just comes across as cultish

Climate change is absolutely overblown in regards to man's impact, but it can't be denied we are a contributing factor and we should attempt to minimise our influence where possible, particularly now that so many renewables are also economically viable.

Climate change doesn’t exist

You’ve all been fooled, it’s a lie I tell you!

I actually know very little about the subject, just felt like sounding like a nutty conspiracy theorist

zYUOQI.gif

The volcano argument is poor. I daresay that volcano has been active a few times in the last 10,000 years, as with other volcanoes around the world. And yet we only see the spike in CO2 concentrations from the 1980s.

The volcano argument is poor. I daresay that volcano has been active a few times in the last 10,000 years, as with other volcanoes around the world. And yet we only see the spike in CO2 concentrations from the 1980s.

The point being made was fine, to suggest that our impact on the environment is far and away out of proportion with naturally occurring impacts on climate and the atmosphere is a myth that was perpetuated by Gore in his movie - which he subsequently admitted he made up to try and convey what he thought was an important point. As I, and Chappy, have said, no one can deny man is having an impact and we should seek to minimise our impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back