Meet Up Club 1870 function Wednsday night Adelaide Oval 6pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok the negativity is hard to get over this week but I reckon time its to flick the switch to some positivity and as I reckon there are about 30-40 out of the 300 Club 1870 members who are regulars on BigFooty, hopefully many of you can get to the event in the John Halbert Room which is in the Audi Club area (and I believe was reduced in size as The Hill of Grace restaurant was introduced. Details below in the flyer) and we can catch up for a drink, some snacks and chat all things Port Adelaide.

Benny D will be there with Matthew Richardson, one of the assistant coaches will be, and if like the last couple of years, all the new players to the club ie draftees, rookies and those traded, will be there, so if you want to stand next to big Dix and see how much of a shrimp you are, here is your chance.

I know Ford will be there to fill in the now Ballarat based pastmyprimus - raman or MrSpeaker are you making an appearance? Eddie Dingle and Adam Marrett23 are you guys jumping on planes to get here for the event? Janus Fade to Gray you are a members aren't you? I know there are many others so sorry for not mentioning you.

For those who I haven't met or don't know any other Club 1870 members ask Benny D to point out me or other Big Footy members he knows and come over and say g'day.

upload_2016-4-18_15-47-38.png

Ok the negativity is hard to get over this week but I reckon time its to flick the switch to some positivity and as I reckon there are about 30-40 out of the 300 Club 1870 members who are regulars on BigFooty, hopefully many of you can get to the event in the John Halbert Room which is in the Audi Club area (and I believe was reduced in size as The Hill of Grace restaurant was introduced. Details below in the flyer) and we can catch up for a drink, some snacks and chat all things Port Adelaide.

Benny D will be there with Matthew Richardson, one of the assistant coaches will be, and if like the last couple of years, all the new players to the club ie draftees, rookies and those traded, will be there, so if you want to stand next to big Dix and see how much of a shrimp you are, here is your chance.

I know Ford will be there to fill in the now Ballarat based pastmyprimus - raman or MrSpeaker are you making an appearance? Eddie Dingle and Adam Marrett23 are you guys jumping on planes to get here for the event? Janus Fade to Gray you are a members aren't you? I know there are many others so sorry for not mentioning you.

For those who I haven't met or don't know any other Club 1870 members ask Benny D to point out me or other Big Footy members he knows and come over and say g'day.

View attachment 237170

I can't make it. In Melbourne for work...

REH if you find anyone that wants to go I have my 3 1870 memberships you can use. You just need to liaise with Ben.

What a perfect opportunity for Bassett and Dixon to explain themselves.

I'll be there for sure.
So will you ask a question or 17 from the floor? :)

Please ask them how they will be dealing with the Crows smear campaign on Mr Gui's intentions. Reaching the lowest of low those campaigners. Told us to sort ourselves out and stand on our own 2 feet then when we do they try to bury our chances of succeeding in a fantastic initiative. The narrow minded inbreds, instead of getting of their fat arses to move the AFL forward, they just throw rocks and mud.

Please ask them how they will be dealing with the Crows smear campaign on Mr Gui's intentions. Reaching the lowest of low those campaigners. Told us to sort ourselves out and stand on our own 2 feet then when we do they try to bury our chances of succeeding in a fantastic initiative. The narrow minded inbreds, instead of getting of their fat arses to move the AFL forward, they just throw rocks and mud.

I can answer that already. We'll ignore it.

I can't make it. In Melbourne for work...

REH if you find anyone that wants to go I have my 3 1870 memberships you can use. You just need to liaise with Ben.
RussellEbertHandball, Eddie Dingle what does this mean? I am a Club 1870 member and haven't ever gone across for these. If you are able to put this to good use I would happily authorise that with Ben.

By the way, does anyone else have this years hoodie thing yet or have an eta?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RussellEbertHandball, Eddie Dingle what does this mean? I am a Club 1870 member and haven't ever gone across for these. If you are able to put this to good use I would happily authorise that with Ben.

Because Eddie lives in Sydney and has never been to an event and highly doubtful he will make one, in 2014 he asked Benny D if someone could take his place so he has started offering it to others once Benny D said yes. Eddie was one of the original 63 or 65 in 2012.

It means I waste my money on things I get very little value out of.

Because Eddie lives in Sydney and has never been to an event and highly doubtful he will make one, in 2014 he asked Benny D if someone could take his place so he has started offering it to others once Benny D said yes. Eddie was one of the original 63 or 65 in 2012.
So was I.

1870.JPG

It means I waste my money on things I get very little value out of.
So do I. I think it was Jan that told me early in 2012 that I was the only interstate member, good on you for going all in.:thumbsu:

It might be too late this time but REH, or anyone else, if you can use this to bring along a deserving person or someone who can be convinced to cough up and support the club please let me know. I'd like to be able to put it to good use, and it's easy enough for me to do the same with Benny.

Most of you would have received this email from Benny D this morning, but for anyone filling in for other Club 1870 members

Hi Guys,

How are you all? I am sure still hurting from the weekend like the everyone here at the Club. The great thing about footy is we can a chance to have a crack again straight away and we are all looking forward to Saturday night. Thank you for confirming you attendance for tomorrow night’s Club 1870 event.

If we could have you all meet at 5.45 at the southern gates to enter the ground at 5.55 that would be great. We will be starting the event with a tour of the change rooms at 6 o’clock, before heading up to John Halbert Room for the remainder of the event.

I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night.

Have the spare spots being given away? raman and I are going to the same event as reps of the BF Port board sponsor group. I'd like to take my footy mate along as he is just a vanilla with sprinkles 11 game Platinum member.

Have the spare spots being given away? raman and I are going to the same event as reps of the BF Port board sponsor group. I'd like to take my footy mate along as he is just a vanilla with sprinkles 11 game Platinum member.
Let me know if I can help. If RussellEbertHandball can't I could try to email/speak to Ben in the morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back