Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder: Terms like “Minnowmond”, “Shrinkingwood”, “Dwindlewood” and the like belong on the bay, not the main board. Same goes for referring to either team as a minnow, when clearly neither fits that description.

If you see stuff like this, don’t respond with more of it. Click ‘report’ so we can deal with it.

Pies pulled 70k+ crowd to a sunday arvo game against a non vic team

Tiggers then pull a 58k crowd to a Friday night game against a vic team
For the record, I think Collingwood have more barrackers than Richmond.

But Round 3 2022 Collingwood vs Geelong at the MCG had 52,000.

You're not suggesting the Pies are bandwagoners are you?

Last edited:
As the Ghost of Jim Jess said: Tigers had a comparatively better crowd against the Cats, (Or just a bigger crowd) than the Pies in 2022.

Perhaps that number has inflated this year. You know, bandwagon, fair weather supporters and all.

Pies are up and about. It's good to see, and I like it. Everybody needs a nemesis.

I can happily accept that Collingwood has more supporters.

I am also happy to accept that Richmond actually wins Premierships from time to time rather than Collingwood.

The 1920's must have been brilliant though.

The Pies look like they can challenge again.

I guess we shall see.

Enjoy the season.

My dck is bigger than yours because more people come to see it every weekend.

No no my dck is bigger because more ppl pay an annual membership to see it any time they want.

No my dck is bigger because more ppl watch it on tv.

Hold my beer lads...mine is the biggest because Roy from Sydney said so.

My dck is bigger than yours because more people come to see it every weekend.

No no my dck is bigger because more ppl pay an annual membership to see it any time they want.

No my dck is bigger because more ppl watch it on tv.

Hold my beer lads...mine is the biggest because Roy from Sydney said so.
Well we’re ****ed if Robin Nahas sides with his former club then

I'll see your 94,258 and raise you 97,665. BIGGEST EVER crowd against a non Vic side in any game other than a GF
Richmond fans very very quiet! Collingwood easily the biggest club in the competition. Out of the 97,665 at the mcg 97,000 Collingwood fans. Seriously tho the mcg is too small for Collingwood!!

Richmond fans very very quiet! Collingwood easily the biggest club in the competition. Out of the 97,665 at the mcg 97,000 Collingwood fans. Seriously tho the mcg is too small for Collingwood!!
Not quite buddy. As you can see by the comments below, a GWS supporter mentions it was the biggest showout from their fans in Melbourne, one estimate of 7,000. So please, enough with the bullshyte. It was THEIR supporters which bumped the crowd figure. Tiges v GWS still the most supporters at a game from any one supporter base. Long live being the Kings of the AFL jungle :)

Screenshot_20230923_023535_Instagram.jpg

Not quite buddy. As you can see by the comments below, a GWS supporter mentions it was the biggest showout from their fans in Melbourne, one estimate of 7,000. So please, enough with the bullshyte. It was THEIR supporters which bumped the crowd figure. Tiges v GWS still the most supporters at a game from any one supporter base. Long live being the Kings of the AFL jungle :)

View attachment 1811089
You keep telling yourself that mate. Yes there was only about 300 gws fans. The other 97,300 were all in black and white. We the the biggest and into another grand final. We have the most members in the afl an all time afl record. We smashed the all time home and away attendance record and averaged 75,000 at the mcg during the home and away season. Collingwood total home and away attendance record this year was 1,384,000. Collingwood is the only club to break over 1,3 and 1.2 million during the home and away season. Richmond have never done this and never will! We broke the all time most one sided crowd v interstate club with 97,000 Collingwood fans.

Enjoy your next 30 years of mediocrity Richmond.

According to Roy Morgan collingwood have 875,000 followers to Richmond only 554,000. So it ain’t close and it never has been.

Your one record v and interstate club that you had against Collingwood to try and prove a point that Richmond were bigger is now gone. I know it hurts you and I do honestly hope you can seek some comfort knowing that collingwood is the king of the afl. The biggest army in Australia always has been and always will be.

Last edited:

View attachment 1811089
One of their biggest show outs in agree but the biggest show out gws had was in the of in 2017. Gws has 2,000 that game. Tonight they had 300!

if the mcg could have hold 150,000 we would have filled the ground. Like I said Richmond are all things going equal are we’ll behind Collingwood in regards to total support numbers and are also behind Carlton and Essendon

Seems like tigerRANCE is not getting much sleep tonight. It’s ok Richmond are still a relatively big club not the biggest but big enough to remain financially stable for the next couple of years 😂

If that was Essendon last night vs Giants we’d get 99k in there easy.

Pie fans have been ever so desperate for a long time hoping everyone else will acknowledge their fantasy about being the biggest club in the land.
Facts are RFC EFC and blues are bigger. Collingwood just have a cult following and members actually turn up to most games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest Roy Morgan Poll had the Pies well ahead of the Tiggers on the number of supporters. The Pies are the best supported of the Vic Teams, but still 450,000 behind the Bloods.
What's your definition of supported? Regardless of any poll the Swans would be lucky to have the 'supporter' most the traditional state clubs have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back