Collingwood apologise for booing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm….so a coach is asked ‘What did you think about the boo’ing of Buddy’

Whats he supposed to say, ‘Who’s Buddy?’.😆😆

Man, Id hate to see you if he really cut loose and pointed the finger….you’d go blue! 😆😆😆

Nah…I refer back to my earlier post….you’re distinctly paranoid.

Me and the rest of society but not you it seems.

Whole Collingwood hierarchy captain coach, media, 90% of the social boards all got the inference.
But nah not you. You know he was just saying why boo bud for no reason.

Rubbish his intent at the time was aggressive act towards the white crowd he thought was being racist.
Which is his right to defend himself but also was always going to fan the flames and draw out the real bigots.

Aboriginal war dance is not his heritage, it is a modern thing borrowed from the Maori war dance our indigenous never had one. Some people call that cultural appropriation, if it was an all white team that would be the call and widely condemned.

Many Aboriginal mobs have traditional 'war dances' that are thousands of years old. Most war dances by Aboriginal mobs were not actually an act of aggression but rather a showing of respect and a welcome. We have such a limited knowledge of Aboriginal culture and that is dangerous.

Many Aboriginal mobs have traditional 'war dances' that are thousands of years old. Most war dances by Aboriginal mobs were not actually an act of aggression but rather a showing of respect and a welcome. We have such a limited knowledge of Aboriginal culture and that is dangerous.

They had ceremonial dances not war dances like they use now. There is a difference.

The irony is delicious here given how many “acted dumb” (or were just dumb I guess, take your pick) back in 2015. Amazing how everyone has all of a sudden gained the ability to read in between the lines or draw inferences on this stuff that were miraculously missing then.

Did you watch the rest of Horse’s press conference or just that short sound grab? There was no deflecting, he discussed the loss in detail. He was asked one question about booing and he answered it. If the media have turned it into the story it is now, whose fault is that?

His fault for answering the way he did.

Could of responded with he's not a fan of booing any players Heeney and Papley were booed worse yeah not a fan.

That would make it a non story in general.

As for 2015 that went too far and became digusting when he pleaded for it to stop.
But the overall narrative on that imo is missing elements to the discussion.
It is now purely one way talk on it, that it was racist from beggining to end and that is that.

I went to nearly all of Wayne Carey's games. And he was booed relentlessly for his whole career.
I vividly recall him being booed off the field in the 97 game opener against the demons when he dislocated his shoulder. Where was the condemnation? Where was the outcry?

The world has turned into a bunch of snowflakes -> but only when it suits an agenda. It's sickening.
Vastly different level and type of booing.

In fact Dunkley was booed by your mob far more vigorously than Carey at the 96GF.

Yours is just another ‘convenient memory‘ trotted out to justify your view of the world.

Your point would be more believable if you hadn’t ranted on about how empathy is ‘sickening’. You shot yourself in the foot…you’re not impartial.

His fault for answering the way he did.

Could of responded with he's not a fan of booing any players Heeney and Papley were booed worse yeah not a fan.

That would make it a non story in general.

As for 2015 that went too far and became digusting when he pleaded for it to stop.
But the overall narrative on that imo is missing elements to the discussion.
It is now purely one way talk on it, that it was racist from beggining to end and that is that.
Id suggest you are completely paranoid. Nothing in zhorses interview directed blame or named anyone.

He could not have been more impartial…he simply said ‘he doesn't get it’…a d the crowd has to ‘self monitor’.

Wow…such inference….🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No, there was war dances. Not all mobs but many had them.

They did not do an in your face aggressive haka style war dance.
Goodes himself said he took inspiration from an u16 side who did it.

They did ceremonial honour guards for wartime and many other ceremonial dances for nearly every law event etc. Balyunmirr in Ahrnam land.
It has just accepted that if they wish to dance that way then it's an extension of Balyunmirr.

The current version aka aggressive war dance was not how they did it. But has become the modern version of the balyunmirr "Honor guard".

“To balyunmirr is central to who we are and carries a much deeper meaning than just some ‘war dance’ or some heathen ‘war cry’.

Id suggest you are completely paranoid. Nothing in zhorses interview directed blame or named anyone.

He could not have been more impartial…he simply said ‘he doesn't get it’…a d the crowd has to ‘self monitor’.

Wow…such inference….🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Lol he mentioned 2015.
Mentioned 1st time in 10 years playing mcg since goodessaga, Buddy's a champion etc.
Words to the effect of;
Why would they boo him? Why? I don't see a reason.
The whole response and single out of Buddy was loaded with inferences.

You think the pies came out with an apology for nothing? Lol 😆 🤣

They did ceremonial honour guards for wartime and many other ceremonial dances for nearly every law event etc. Balyunmirr in Ahrnam land.
It has just accepted that if they wish to dance that way then it's an extension of Balyunmirr.

The current version aka aggressive war dance was not how they did it. But has become the modern version of the balyunmirr "Honor guard".

“To balyunmirr is central to who we are and carries a much deeper meaning than just some ‘war dance’ or some heathen ‘war cry’.
Are you seriously trying to explain Aboriginal culture and history to an Aboriginal poster?

The current version aka aggressive war daBut has become the modern version of the balyunmirr "Honor guard".

So why then do you see it as some sort of ‘crowd antagonism’…,when you know the history?

To put it simply, anyone who tries to ‘justify’ what happened to Goodes is part of the problem.

Do you really want to be seen in the same light as a Carnthekangas ?

By all means have your opinion on Franklin, Minivan etc….but lets not pretend the Goodes situation was anything but verbal lynching by pig ignorant excrement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Balyunmirr is a Yolngu centred dance. I actually know the article you have taken this from and know the advisors of the article well. Firstly, Yolngu culture is very different to the culture of the River mobs or Desert mobs of the Noongar. If you read further into the article, you will see that the Balyunmirr was used for much more than a guard of honour. The Balyunmirr came from the spirits and was used for a variety of ceremonial purposes.
One of these was preparation of war. To help you learn as you seem interested, I have provided the following.

'Military parades​

These haka-type balyunmirr ceremonies were also performed at times when Yolŋu were preparing for the defence of their home lands and before going to war. These were like the different types of military parades that mainstream soldiers participate in.

If Yolŋu soldiers were getting ready to go into battle to defend their homes or family they would balyunmirri, perform their particular character of waŋarr that was theirs. This gives strength to the soldiers both individually and collectively.

The formal parades and drills turn the group into a fighting force. Soldiers need to be ready to shoot and kill the enemy and they need to know they are defending their homelands and not committing murder when they do so. So in mainstream military customs many different types of “balyunmirr” ceremonies and drills are used, such as the flag being carried into battle to remind the soldiers of the fact they are fighting for God, Queen and Country.

Again the Yolŋu balyunmirr ceremonies were used in the same way but instead of a flag being carried at the front of the parade or at the front line the leading Yolŋu officer can be seen biting hard on the legal dilly bag which represents the flag of the particular tribe or clan. '

It makes sense. AFL is aware that 1 misstep with the Swans and they could easily lose 40% of their fan base so with Sydney they need to step and be more careful with them.

Actually…I think its more about AFL image than Sydney…Horses presser proved that.

Are you seriously trying to explain Aboriginal culture and history to an Aboriginal poster?
No I'm saying it is not one and the same as what they did, it is a new dance, but can see how it falls under Balyunmirr.
I have Aboriginal family and they have ceremonial dances but never seen the war dance the way it is done now until 2010s. Willykali and Barkindji.

One of 500 countries. Each with different laws, language, dances etc.

I'm saying that the modern version is not the heritage version but under the umbrella of Balyunmirr it is now accepted as if it was always done that way (that particular haka style choreographed dance).

Lol he mentioned 2015.
Mentioned 1st time in 10 years playing mcg since goodessaga, Buddy's a champion etc.
Words to the effect of;
Why would they boo him? Why? I don't see a reason.
The whole response and single out of Buddy was loaded with inferences.

You think the pies came out with an apology for nothing? Lol 😆 🤣

Man, Id hate to see you if he really cut loose and pointed the finger….you’d go blue! 😆😆😆

The asking of the question is a large part of the problem. As if the fans care

Sydneys finals dreams are falling apart after coming off a Grand Final because they cant deal with 5 injuries. That should be 99.9% of the questions asked

Time for a reset here folks. Let’s keep this thread to the topic at hand - Collingwood apologising for the booing of Lance Franklin.

If you want to discuss racism in 21st century Australia, head to the SRP board :arrowright:

If you want to discuss all your favourite terms like “snowflake”, “virtue signaling”, “cancel culture” and all the other goodies, then get a life head to the SRP board.

If you want to discuss the media’s tendency to beat up stories like this very one, then head to the Footy Fourth Estate :arrowright:

I get that a thread like this will go off on tangents at times, which is why a certain amount of rope has been given (heck I’m guilty of participating in some of the off topic conversation myself), but some of the stuff being discussed now is miles away from the initial subject of the thread.

Whole Collingwood hierarchy captain coach, media, 90% of the social boards all got the inference.

The inference that another indigenous star was copping targetted abuse?

Yes, I agree.

The inference that it was ‘Racial first and foremost’…nah…thats in your head.

I think you’ll find, if you can lift the veil if B&W, that Horse was trying to point out that we don’t want this to BECOME another Goodes affair.

However, having read some of the garbage you snd others are propogating on this forum, I say ‘fat chance’- I’ve already seen one ‘Buddy deserved it’ post.

The inference that another indigenous star was copping targetted abuse?

Yes, I agree.

The inference that it was ‘Racial first and foremost’…nah…thats in your head.

Lol so targeted abuse at an indigenous man and referring to Goodes which is now known as the white Australia racist booing year.
Is not inferring any bigotry or racist intent...rightiiooo

I think you’ll find, if you can lift the veil if B&W, that Horse was trying to point out that we don’t want this to BECOME another Goodes affair.

However, having read some of the garbage you snd others are propogating on this forum, I say ‘fat chance’- I’ve already seen one ‘Buddy deserved it’ post.
Given this thread has already thrown up:

1) It's my right to boo.
2) Here's one Aboriginal player who wasn't booed.
3) Here's a white player who is booed.
4) Buddy is a sniper and he deserved it.
5) Them telling us not to boo is gonna make me boo more.

I think the odds of a repeat are 50/50 at the moment.

Lol so targeted abuse at an indigenous man and referring to Goodes which is now known as the white Australia racist booing year.
Is not inferring any bigotry or racist intent...rightiiooo

You can believe what you want - but Id have thought as a Pie supporter you’d be happy most sane people thought Horse was playing the middle ground.

Not you though - could it be be ause then you’d have no excuse to take up 5 pages on this forum with your whining?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back