Collingwood apologise for booing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm….so a coach is asked ‘What did you think about the boo’ing of Buddy’

Whats he supposed to say, ‘Who’s Buddy?’.😆😆

Man, Id hate to see you if he really cut loose and pointed the finger….you’d go blue! 😆😆😆

Nah…I refer back to my earlier post….you’re distinctly paranoid.

Me and the rest of society but not you it seems.

Whole Collingwood hierarchy captain coach, media, 90% of the social boards all got the inference.
But nah not you. You know he was just saying why boo bud for no reason.

Long before the Goodes saga, Eagles fans heavily booed him at home games for years dating back to our GF’s vs Sydney for nothing more than the facts he used to chop us up and was also a bit of a flog.

I was always perplexed when it became such a big thing when it had been happening for so long before then.

Maybe the motivations for other teams changed and I can’t say if theirs was racist or not, but it certainly couldn’t have been new or foreign to Goodes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

who is the apology actually for? does buddy, kicker of 1000 goals and premiership footballer, actually care?

i thought he had belted someone in the 1st quarter or something cos i didnt see the first. just seemed to cop the bizarre he's a real good player so booooooo treatment

It's basically just Australia now.

Most sanatised, boring, politically correct, nanny country in the world.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Rock-apes allowed if some of those booing were of colour?

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, its a risky term- but when used as a collective noun, most intelligent people would understand it means primitive, uncultured and ignorant….not coloured. 😉

That’s a long bow to draw. Unless I’m just naive, I don’t reckon the booing is racially motivated. You’re clutching at straws if you think it is, because plenty of AFL players get booed.

Talking with avid footy followers we were thinking the booing was in retaliation to the Swans crowd booing Gina in from last time Pies played the Swans in Sydney.

Nothing to do with race.

Yeah well put, I like a good booing but prolonged, targeted, mean-spirited booing over an issue not related to the current game is just bad manners.

I didn't get the JHF stuff, why would we care about him? The Swans game though, well, that was always going to be emotional, we've waited a long time to play them here, they pipped us in the prelim and then they come out and attack Bambi... as a team they were asking for a hostile reception, not sure though why Buddy had to cop the brunt.

But it's out there now and I'd expect other supporters will follow suit, just because they've been told they shouldn't, people are that fickle!
I think Paps copped his share - thats the reason I dont buy it as racially motivated - however I’m sure some were enjoying the chance. Waddya do?

I tell you what would be 3 times more entertaining than watching some of the dross that gets passed for footy these days, and that would be Lance Franklin meeting every single person that booed him on the weekend individually.

It's not theatre, its not wrestling, it's not the eighties with mentalists like Jacko strutting around like a bellend. The players are not characters or actors who go there to get booed for no reason except the pettiness and boredom of simplebrains. Its not fun for anyone except them and just gives the AFL media an ill-deserved chance to be sanctimonious. Yeah yeah yeah you're doing it because people tell you not to? Well aren't you the second bloody coming of Ned Kelly? No you're not, you're just a gutless twat who would sell your left nutsack to a tenth as good at footy as any of the people you heckle from the safety of the crowd.

You want that kind of entertainment? Go and watch ******* Puss In Boots at the London Paladium or whatever, get TF out of AFL.
Bit ironic considering the absolute keyboard warrior nature of your post here.

I think Paps copped his share - thats the reason I dont buy it as racially motivated - however I’m sure some were enjoying the chance. Waddya do?

Paply and Heeney got the loudest boos. In fact you hardly noticed the boos for Franklin on TV it was so little.

Franklin was booed maybe on 3 occasions, 2 of them very minor that petered out one when he whinged for a free and the other when he was part of Doacos and Murphy scuffle.

The 3rd and loudest boos was when he was having a shot on goal, pretty bloody common for opposition to try put the kicker off.

It was a very nice deflection from another swans loss by Horse and using the race bait card is sure to get the media foaming for a story.
Disappointed the club bought into it really, do we really want such a sanitised game where it becomes like the s**t crowds at tennis.
Oh cracking shot there good fellow, clap on command for both sides.

Villians and hero's are a thing Franklin has been a thorn in the pies side all way back to his starter days.
Struggled to contain him on score board and he learnt the unsociable Hawks way of playing (which I like) but it also makes him a villain to those outside his club.

I guarantee if it was actually his final game ever pies fans would of gave him a standing ovation at the end of the match for having a special career with many highlights.

Bit during a game of which they (Swans he included) targeted our young rising star? Yeah not happening.

who is the apology actually for? does buddy, kicker of 1000 goals and premiership footballer, actually care?

i thought he had belted someone in the 1st quarter or something cos i didnt see the first. just seemed to cop the bizarre he's a real good player so booooooo treatment

He whacked Murphy in the throat in the opening scuffle.

Those boos were neither loud nor excessive barely even audible on TV.

His loudest boos came when he was kicking for goal and crowd was trying to put him off the kick.

It was not anything like what Jobe Watson or Adam Goodes copped or even Ginnivans last year.

Weird. I’ve looked through the official statement that the Swans put out, and I’ve gone over John Longmire’s comments after the game, and I can’t find any reference to race whatsoever.

They said “we’ve been here before” with reference to 2015 but I’m assured by all and sundry that what happened in 2015 wasn’t racially motivated at all, so that can’t be it.

So yeah, I’m drawing a blank on how it was the Swans that made it about race? Do enlighten me.

2015 reference and Longmire asking why boo him? why? as if leading the horse to water on it.

Don't act dumb you know full well his inference.
It was easy media bait to deflect from another Swans loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way Goodes was treated went way past being just booing, that's what made it shameful.

Yes the Goodes booing went too far.

But the worst booing was what Jobe Watson endured after the essendon doping scandal.

That started in round 1 and did not stop until the season ended, far longer then what Goodes put up with.
And Jobe didnt stoke the flames with a war dance and spearing the crowd like Goodes did. That was always going to incite the masses as it's antagonistic.

At the end of a quater when the umpires have royally ****ed over a side and the crowd boos in unison. Is this racially motivated? Or will it be ignored until there is an umpire of colour? What, then label the entire crowd as racist?

The world has lost its sense.

Yes the Goodes booing went too far.

But the worst booing was what Jobe Watson endured after the essendon doping scandal.

That started in round 1 and did not stop until the season ended, far longer then what Goodes put up with.
And Jobe didnt stoke the flames with a war dance and spearing the crowd like Goodes did. That was always going to incite the masses as it's antagonistic.

But anyone that took that as ‘offensive’ needs to change their diaper. It’s been explained many times - only those with an agenda refuse to accept it for what it was…a display of heritage and ownership.

But anyone that took that as ‘offensive’ needs to change their diaper. It’s been explained many times - only those with an agenda refuse to accept it for what it was…a display of heritage and ownership.

Rubbish his intent at the time was aggressive act towards the white crowd he thought was being racist.
Which is his right to defend himself but also was always going to fan the flames and draw out the real bigots.

Aboriginal war dance is not his heritage, it is a modern thing borrowed from the Maori war dance our indigenous never had one. Some people call that cultural appropriation, if it was an all white team that would be the call and widely condemned.

Rubbish his intent at the time was aggressive act towards the white crowd he thought was being racist.
Which is his right to defend himself but also was always going to fan the flames and draw out the real bigots.

Aboriginal war dance is not his heritage, it is a modern thing borrowed from the Maori war dance our indigenous never had one.

I knew that would be your response - you’re one who wants to propogate Goides as the ‘bad guy’, as somehow ‘deserving it’.

I’m not interested in debating it with you…your mindset is entrenched and embittered.

Most right thinking people understand his statement.

Bye.

I knew that would be your response - you’re one who wants to propogate Goides as the ‘bad guy’, as somehow ‘deserving it’.

I’m not interested in debating it with you…your mindset is entrenched and embittered.

Bye.
I went to nearly all of Wayne Carey's games. And he was booed relentlessly for his whole career.
I vividly recall him being booed off the field in the 97 game opener against the demons when he dislocated his shoulder. Where was the condemnation? Where was the outcry?

The world has turned into a bunch of snowflakes -> but only when it suits an agenda. It's sickening.

Don't act dumb you know full well his inference.
The irony is delicious here given how many “acted dumb” (or were just dumb I guess, take your pick) back in 2015. Amazing how everyone has all of a sudden gained the ability to read in between the lines or draw inferences on this stuff that were miraculously missing then.

It was easy media bait to deflect from another Swans loss.
Did you watch the rest of Horse’s press conference or just that short sound grab? There was no deflecting, he discussed the loss in detail. He was asked one question about booing and he answered it. If the media have turned it into the story it is now, whose fault is that?

Bye.

No I don't think he deserved the ongoing abuse and boos, I do however think he contributed to his booing early days.

Your the one who mindset is entrenched and brainwashed you can't think logically on this.

My take is not what you are trying twist it into. I have middle ground on the issue and my opinion lies in between.
I can see both that it was wrong to go on like it did and in the end like Watson was disgusting behaviour.
And also that Goodes actions (even if they are OK to defend himself) really wasn't smart.
Because it was always going to fan those flames higher.
I also think the way he handled the girl and ousting her by name publicly was the act of a bully and poor form.
He has many drunkard grown man he could of used his stand on.

You however have the sjw victim mentality and hide any discourse behind the racist and bigot card. There is no middle ground with your types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back