List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

If the mooted Grundy for 27 and a slide of 16 forward to 13 from Dees eventuates could we go back to Cats and say 13, 27, 41 & Henry for 7 & 25.

So Henry and 41 for a 6 pick round 1 upgrade and a 2 pick 2nd round upgrade. 41 may not be used by us anyway.

Go to the draft with 2 live picks (7 & 25) and Noble upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I like it

We should fudge Mitchell and Fiorini off and go after Crouch and keep a list spot open. The guy can rack it up, get clearances, and tackle well. He may get junk possessions but imagine how hard it would be to be a midfielder playing for Adelaide after their GF loss. Surely with our system and guidance he could be like Jarryd Lyons when he moved to Brisbane also Crouch is only 27.

If we get 13, I hope we can combine it with our future first and jump up past Geelong, I know it's unlikely but how good would that be, take the player they are all over
Uh huh... And what if the kid they're interested in is a smokescreen, and turns out worse than the kid they draft after us?

The reason to get ahead of them is to take the player we want, not the one Geelong wants... If it's the same player then we can laugh at them about it, but it can't factor into the decision making process.

Screw Tom Mitchell
but lets get Rhys Matheison fmd.

You have no idea, anyone that doesn't want Tom Mitchell has no idea. He literally will improve our middle by that much next year. He will make De Goey even more dangerous, Daicos/Crisp as well.
So 17 other teams have no idea then. There's a reason why no one wants him. You have to view the world as it is and not how you want it to be. You can't just make these kinds of assumptions just because you wish it to be the case. He simply does not suit our run and gun game style.

Uh huh... And what if the kid they're interested in is a smokescreen, and turns out worse than the kid they draft after us?

The reason to get ahead of them is to take the player we want, not the one Geelong wants... If it's the same player then we can laugh at them about it, but it can't factor into the decision making process.
I am joking, it might be the same player though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 17 other teams have no idea then. There's a reason why no one wants him. You have to view the world as it is and not how you want it to be. You can't just make these kinds of assumptions just because you wish it to be the case. He simply does not suit our run and gun game style.
We aren't recruiting him to run and gun champ. We're recruiting to win it at the coal face and feed it to those who CAN run and gun.

Our centre clearances were our biggest weakness, He's one position behind Lachie Neale for clearances, he's a natural ball winner.

Big Bodied mids don't run and gun either.. Mathinson is an average player. Thats it.

Last edited:
I'm 100% behind the club getting the best deal we can. I'm 100% against personal insults against players who have done nothing but play within the rules forced onto them.
100% agree. I find the criticism of Henry disappointing. He has done nothing wrong and as you say has just had to deal with the rules forced on to him.

Just imaging you are a young Collingwood supporting kid drafted to the Cats but after two years have the opportunity to move to the Pies. I wonder how many of the people critical of Henry right now would jump at the chance to play for their beloved Pies. I suspect every one of them.

PS. Add fact your brother plays for the Pies as well.

That was their original stance, but suddenly there was an article yesterday funny enough after the pick swap, that it can now be a future 3rd haha.
Why should you be rewarded if you execute a salary dump ? That's just bad management clubs have to deal with it and work they're way out of their own mess !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back