List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone thinks Maynard & JDG are untouchable for Wright, then you know absolutely ZERO about this game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you know anything about the game you would know booting two of your best young players out of a club will be detrimental. It kills the culture of the club, Maynard and DeGoey aren't going anywhere because they are contracted to Collingwood and want to stay at the club.

I understand the concept that you have to give quality to get quality but putting DeGoey or Maynard up for trade is dumb, I hope we can get Wright to the club as he would be an asset to us.

I don't post often and never about trade rumours, why would I tell porkies about this? I wouldn't pass on
a rumour from a cheersquad member, this person is very credible. The fluff around the deal might change but I'm sold that we're getting Jong and the dogs get Cloke. Other stuff we told me about convinces me it's close to a certainty and only unforeseen circumstances will not see it happening. Can't say anymore other than all this talk of sources is making me want a cheeseburger..
Mmmmmm...cheeseburger...

End trade period with:
In: Peter Wright, WHE, Harvey, Dal Santo, pick 17, pick 40, 58, 59
Out: Witts, Cloke, Broomhead, Oxley, Frost, pick 25, 43, (Josh Thomas)
Sorry i don't want to be considered to be mean to you but please take another look at the Collingwood players you are proposing to trade out. They spent the majority of the year in the VFL and Thomas didn't even play at all.

We are not going to get one of the better, young key position prospect in the game in Peter Wright and a first round pick in pick 17 and a former high first round pick in WHE by trading a boatload of VFL players. It is just not realistic at all.

Are they any better then the So-Called Experts?

What the f*ck does that sentence even mean Dave?

When I'm at home with my daughters I will often fart and say "who said that? I wasn't even there so how could I know what happened?" Neither of my daughters has ever known how to respond because the sentence is a complete nonsense. Like what you've just said above.

I for one want to know how trustworthy the source is, f*ck me drunk. Is it a sin to ask for bloody evidence now to back up a claim. Hey Doctor, do you mind if you display your medical certificate on the wall?

I also think it's amazing that a mod should get hot under the collar about this but have no visible presence around much more egregious s**t on this board which saturates it and makes it a misery to visit.

Sorry i don't want to be considered to be mean to you but please take another look at the Collingwood players you are proposing to trade out. They spent the majority of the year in the VFL and Thomas didn't even play at all.

We are not going to get one of the better, young key position prospect in the game in Peter Wright and a first round pick in pick 17 and a former high first round pick in WHE by trading a boatload of VFL players. It is just not realistic at all.
GWS will do the deal look what they gave Carlton last year for pick 28

I don't mind this thread filling up with rumours and whispers. It's impossible to identify and police the outright lies in amongst it.

It's all part of the 'theatre' of the off-season.

I love it when we are connected with a 'name' footballer. As the weeks roll by, our link to the 'name' gains momentum, the media picks up on it, denials start flying, the 'name's' club states categorically that he isn't going anywhere, the rumours keep coming, the 'name's' family and friends are quoted, BF becomes more frenzied, 'Welcome' threads are started too soon and shut down by annoyed mods, the deadline date looms, posters check into BF while at work, the hours count down, the minutes count down, none of us can concentrate at work, some people have SEN on all the time, and then finally...WE LAND THE NAME!

Just like we did with Adam Treloar last year.:D

Last edited:

If you want to start making sense, please take it to the "Why did Freeman leave Collingwood' thread.
Thank you

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-...at-moves-will-your-club-make-in-the-offseason

Draft selections: 25, 43, 61, 79, 97
Free agents: Nathan Brown (restricted), Jarryd Blair (unrestricted)

How's the salary cap looking?
With veterans Dane Swan and Alan Toovey retired and Travis Cloke moving on, the Pies are building a war chest. Made a big but unsuccessful offer to Essendon defender Michael Hurley, so might well have enough bait to lure a big fish.

Who's definitely on the table?
Cloke has requested a trade and has been strongly linked to the Western Bulldogs.

Anyone else?
With Lachlan Keeffe set to return next season, defender Jack Frost's future might well depend on whether Brown stays or goes. Lean defender Adam Oxley might also seek opportunities elsewhere after spending the bulk of the second half of the year in the VFL.

Who are they targeting?
Bulldogs midfielder Lin Jong toured the Holden Centre mid-season and could well figure in any Cloke deal. The Pies were interested in Adelaide's Ricky Henderson when he came out of contract two years ago and they could again be keen to pick up the versatile defender, who is now 27 and an unrestricted free agent. - Ben Collins

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-...at-moves-will-your-club-make-in-the-offseason

Thoughts on Ricky Henderson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Peter Wright rumours are true, here's how we might be able to get it done:
  1. Frost + Oxley for Brisbane's pick 28 + 2017 3rd round (Seedsman alone last year netted pick 32 and had the exact same stats as Oxley this year)
  2. Witts + pick 28 + pick 43 for GWS pick 17 + WHE (points from pick 28 + 43 add up to more than pick 17 anyway)
  3. Cloke + pick 25 for Bulldogs pick 12 + pick 59
  4. Three way trade with Port and GC with Pick 12 + Broomhead to Port, Hamish Hartlett to GC, Peter Wright to Pies (can also throw in Josh Thomas to GC to help them replace some midfield depth)
  5. Brisbane's 2017 3rd round to GC for pick 40 and 58 (which will be GC's 7th and 8th picks in the draft this year before trades so unlikely to be used. The Josh Thomas steak knives for Wright can also come as part of this trade)
  6. Sign up Boomer Harvey and/or Dal Santo as DFA (to replace the depth we're losing and to not have to use pick 80+ in the draft)
End trade period with:
In: Peter Wright, WHE, Harvey, Dal Santo, pick 17, pick 40, 58, 59
Out: Witts, Cloke, Broomhead, Oxley, Frost, pick 25, 43, (Josh Thomas)

Use pick 17 as our first round for this year in the draft to give us flexibility next year to trade our first round. We'll have the remaining picks 40, 58, 59 and 61. Package up points for pick 40+58 (= pick 32 late second round) for Brown and pick 59+61 (=pick 49 late third round) for Daicos.
I agree with your thinking in getting Hartlett to the Suns as the best way to appeal to them in a possible trade for Wright. Barlow is another player who I think would interest them, possibly for Williams if he does want to leave.

Bris
Out: Martin, 28
In: Witts, Frost

Dogs
Out: 12, 59
In: Cloke, Martin, 28

Pies
Out: Witts, Cloke, Frost
In: 12, 59

The deal is clearly in our favour but Martin is getting old.

Our favour? We lose a ruck, a key forward, a key defender and get a late first round. Which in this draft equates to an inside midfielder. That's not a good deal.

With the Likely Hood of us Losing Both Brown and Frost. I have heard a Bit we are Looking at Getting Sam Gilbert from the Saints.

Will it Actually Happen - Have to wait and see

It's silly season and a thousand possible trades are floated, and about three will take place -- and none of them may be the ones we all speculate about. But, still, I can't help getting alarmed by this one.

I think I will give footy the flick and take up crocheting if we get Gilbert.

I for one want to know how trustworthy the source is, f*ck me drunk. Is it a sin to ask for bloody evidence now to back up a claim. Hey Doctor, do you mind if you display your medical certificate on the wall?

I also think it's amazing that a mod should get hot under the collar about this but have no visible presence around much more egregious s**t on this board which saturates it and makes it a misery to visit.
Ok mother teresa

That was me, and after speaking with my sauce earlier this week i'm led to believe our interest has progressed to such an extent that it's very likely that hams will be a pie in 2017.

Now here is a poster that brings home the bacon. I have no beef with you.:p

Has anyone else thought it strange the lack of rumours on Witts this offseason?

If he is going I understand that it would be best until after the VFL is finished before announcing but it's not like that has stopped the media go on about every GWS player. Unless his management has had the deal wrapped up for months and so no need to leak anything to increase demand and value.

We'll probably hear a lot more when the VFL season ends because he is having such a dominant season there.

However, if he is genuinely up for trade, you'd think there would be a bit more noise so his huge performances would be carrying a bit more attention. It would increase his trade value.

I'm not sure what his intention is, however his form is at a point where we'd be mad to let him go cheaply now. It would have to be a pick between 18-25, which is a high price for a club to pay for a guy who has rarely seen AFL action this year.

I was keen to put him up for trade, but his recent form has got me thinking that maybe we should really be trying harder to make the Grundy/Witts combination work.

What's next Ugene? Ugene Galekovic at FB to replace Brown?

Yeah I'm keen. Especially as a free agent. He has been unlucky not to hold a regular spot at Adelaide, but there is a lot of pressure for his position.

We probably don't need any more half backs, but having said that there are still question marks over just about every player we have in that role:

Ramsey & Scharenberg have had a horror run of injuries. Marley Williams had a terrible 2016, Maynard is still only 19, Langdon is iffy by foot and Sinclair has been struck by concussion.

Henderson would walk straight into our top 22 I reckon. He is a lovely long kick and breaks a line.

I don't mind this thread filling up with rumours and whispers. It's impossible to identify and police the outright lies in amongst it.

I love it when we are connected with a 'name' footballer. As the weeks roll by, our link to the 'name' gains momentum, the media picks up on it, denials start flying, the 'name's' club states categorically that he isn't going anywhere, the rumours keep coming, the 'name's' family and friends are quoted, BF becomes more frenzied, 'Welcome' threads are started too soon and shut down by annoyed mods, the deadline date looms, posters check into BF while at work, the hours count down, the minutes count down, none of us can concentrate at work, some people have SEN on all the time, and then finally...WE LAND THE NAME!

HAHAHaHA - nice memories from last year!

Last edited:

You forgot the part where you put NAB Trade Radio on at work and it has annoying ads every 5 minutes, so much so that it's embarrassing every time a colleague walks on by.

All so that you can have the "inside scoop" and get an early post in this very thread.

Not to mention a post on the first page of Dave's welcome thread.

Henderson would be a good pick up for us. Since he has come back into the Crows side he has been killing it. Massive kick, carries the ball and has pace. I wanted him last time he was rumored to come to us but he has had some injury issues but seems to be over them now. Played some time in the SANFL this season and got his chance back in the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back