Game Day Collingwood v Melbourne Practice Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore, Reid, Cox, Grundy, Roughy, Miocheck won't be in the same team.

Moore
Cox
Grundy
Reid/Miocheck - I would go Miocheck think he fits better in the forward line with his pressure

Roughy is back up for Moore and Dunn

That's a bit tough. I thought Aish was close to our best until half time.
I assure you it’s accurate. Last quarter, inside 50 with Langdon in the contest also. Didn’t say it was every contest.

There is no way in the world Reid is ahead of Mihocek for the simple reason Mihocek is more mobile than Reid. Compounding that if you play Reid and Roughead in the same side we are too slow and top heavy. Our depth is an illusion just like it was in 2010. We need to find our best 22 which is a combination of skill, speed and experience. You can afford one or two slow players in your ideal side, but if you have too many, you tip over the edge.

Neither did not do a Ton really today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Dave that's very good of you to post that. I thought Melbourne's coverage was outstanding (the part I saw).
Disappointing that we have dropped the ball in the media department in the last 12 months. Melbourne's camera work is what Foxfooty should give us; nice closeups and none of those unfathomable wide shots that take in half the ground but make it impossible to see what happens on the outer side. Congratulations to them.

good result - go Dees (Feb) you are welcome now - you may even have QB - then we cream you when everything is up for grabs - the day the tartan rug brigade is demolished :)

Aish approached a marking contest the way I would after a manicure when my nails aren’t quite dry.

That’s actually damn good technique Morgs ...

... hands up and out with thumbs in front of the ball. It helps ensure a solid mark AND keeps the nail polish intact ;)

Thanks Dave that's very good of you to post that. I thought Melbourne's coverage was outstanding (the part I saw).
Disappointing that we have dropped the ball in the media department in the last 12 months. Melbourne's camera work is what Foxfooty should give us; nice closeups and none of those unfathomable wide shots that take in half the ground but make it impossible to see what happens on the outer side. Congratulations to them.

Our Media Team is Appaling really. Only do short Vids Minutes top and tweet. Not Much Else.

My Pleasure Apples to get links up

My impressions as an attendee

- Missed Grundy badly. Dees didn't experiment much and Gawn played almost the entire game in the ruck and helped them control the contest. Lynch tried hard, but was relatively ineffective after the first 5-10 mins.
- Dees were generally harder at the contest though across the game and won contested ball. Thought they were bigger bodied across the field than we were
- Better players Moore, Adams, Beams, Elliott, Aish, Greenwood
- Goals Elliott 2, Beams 2, Reid 2, Cox 1
- Thought it was notable that Quaynor missed the first half with Murphy preferred, albeit Quaynor did some nice things when he got on.
- I thought Reid performed better than Mihocek as a tall forward target. Still loses his feet way too easily, but did provide a target more than Miho did.
- Glad there were no serious injuries and the form of Moore, Elliott and Beams were all promising as virtual new recruits from our efforts last season

Does anybody have any comments about the new rule changes?

Were they noticeable at all?

I expected the 6-6-6 rule to be non event of the year and remain confident I won’t be proven wrong. There’s potential with the kick in rule to have an impact, but I doubt we’ll be a club to really exploit it unless we held everything back today.

I expected the 6-6-6 rule to be non event of the year and remain confident I won’t be proven wrong. There’s potential with the kick in rule to have an impact, but I doubt we’ll be a club to really exploit it unless we held everything back today.

You don't want to show all your hands in a Scratch Match

There is no way in the world Reid is ahead of Mihocek for the simple reason Mihocek is more mobile than Reid. Compounding that if you play Reid and Roughead in the same side we are too slow and top heavy. Our depth is an illusion just like it was in 2010. We need to find our best 22 which is a combination of skill, speed and experience. You can afford one or two slow players in your ideal side, but if you have too many, you tip over the edge.

Agree with the general point, but I’d still like to see what a fit Reid can do. He was an all Australian once.

Interesting that a few of the journalists thought Sier our best mid today but not much love from the faithful

Remove this Banner Ad

Back