Autopsy Pies v Carlton Practice Match 11am, Friday 24 February

Remove this Banner Ad

With Hawkins out we might not need Frampton round 1

I dont think frampton showed he provided anything against big forwards at this stage. He kicks well and certainly better than Murphy. However, Murphy improved when he gained confidence last year. I just dont see the point in changing for the sake of changing.

Lol
The list just keeps going on and on.
Peter Dean, Gavin Brown, James Hird, The Joker Voss, Bucks used to take on Carey and show zero fear.
The Scott twins. It's footy not ballet.

Braithwaite was a Collingwood supporter. Wore the jumper to a couple of concerts.
I preffered the Skyhooks as did most of the boys.
Girls liked Sherbet
Skyhooks all day for me

I'm only going on what was said when he was being considered for a recruit, because I've never seen him play, but I understood that Dean was an interceptor as well. I agree with you on our current defensive methods. It was a good approach last year. I hope it goes around again.

I'm going off the highlights I watched. Dean seemed poor over head in those. But it's just a snap shot of a player and I could be missing something.

How many games did we lose with Murphy in the back line?

He added a dimension there,that built great confidence amongst those around him and in so doing was a vital cog in our defensive strength.
Unfortunately two narrow finals losses in which he was very poor and only got 4 possessions each game. He keeps Gary Rohan under control and we may have won the flag. Bit harsh but finals are the big games.

Unfortunately two narrow finals losses in which he was very poor and only got 4 possessions each game. He keeps Gary Rohan under control and we may have won the flag. Bit harsh but finals are the big games.
Isnt it just our luck that Gary *n Rohan potentially cost us a flag. The most maligned finals player of the decade probably. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Ken Hunter, Paul Kelly, Jono Brown. Stupidly courageous players are more loved than Daryl Braithwaite at Moonee Valley
Lets put GAVIN BROWN at the head of that list. Think my favorite Pie ever. As Tony Shaw said he makes you embarrassed of your own effort and Shawy was brave as any.

Our defensive structure worked very well last year given we conceded only 11 goals against on average over the season. Pretty darn good. Fly now seems focused on improving our intercepting and attacking opportunities from the backline.
For these aspects to improve Frampton, already a decent interceptor and attacking kick, needed to work on his one on one game freeing up Moore and Howe to utilise their intercepting and attacking abilities.
Murphy, already a good structural and one on one defender, has been working on improving his offensive capabilities when playing his role.
I think we’ll be fine regardless of who we select out of Murphy / Frampton.
With Dean’s injury it was most opportune that we did recruit Frampton - tall, mobile and basically ready to play now. We still have to draft a young KPD, and Kelly is very much a work in progress. I can’t recall any better KPP being given away over summer, who could fill the role for 3/4 years.

True mate although the best players in history mostly carried this trait.
He makes others around him walk taller. McRae wants all his 22 playing like this.
I posted an interview last year where Murphy said he’s had 7 concussions and still suffers the effects.
So he needs to be very very careful from now on IMO.
It’s actually quite sad that he may be one big hit from retirement.

We don’t get to finals without his contribution during the regular season.
No one could have stopped Rohan - he pulled one out of his backside.

Lol
Peter Dean, Gavin Brown, James Hird, The Joker Voss, Bucks used to take on Carey and show zero fear.

Braithwaite was a Collingwood supporter. Wore the jumper to a couple of concerts.
Girls liked Sherbet
I’ll never forget the day that Bucks played CHB and got the 3 Votes on Carey. We weren’t a great side that year from memory but he absolutely dominated.

They’ll still have Cameron and possibly Root-a-galah
I’m enjoying the way you’re spreading the root-a-galah nic.
Long may the galah fly, as pig ordinary as he is.

Its murphy or frampton. The coaches have said this. They're fighting for the same spot. Unfortunately.
Murphy did only come into the team once Roughy retired.
Yes Jen, this is completely true. Although the young fell hasn’t missed a beat, I feel he adds a little bit more mongrel in that back half as he is the most fearless player on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly Murphy will be the one that goes.
They will play Frampton for as long as he performs- changing constantly as you’re suggesting is highly unlikely.
I’m not saying constantly. It’s only really 3 or 4 sides that we have no match up for the big guys.

If we had Frampton against Geelong then Moore/Howe and Murphy could of done better work and not let Cameron and Rohan get of the leash.
Same said for Carlton, we don’t have the McKay matchup, but Frampton will be that. As he will get Lynch for Tigers.

Then there are sides who play smaller and it would be a waste having him there as Murphy can play small as he’s more versatile.

I’ve not watched it yet, but not surprised by the Frampton comments based on his career to date. I wouldn’t worry about Mitchell, he has to learn to read the tap and he’s a veteran who is not going full pelt in a praccy match!

You would expect new comers to perform better than what Frampton seemingly did.

It seems to me the comments about Frampton are more about poster/supporter expectation. I thought he showed a bit at different times in what was his first real run for the club. Before Dean got injured, I had Dean, Frampton and Kelly all on a level footing to be the player to grab the KPD position vacancy created by Roughy’s departure. Happy to give them time to sort it out.

It seems to me the comments about Frampton are more about poster/supporter expectation. I thought he showed a bit at different times in what was his first real run for the club. Before Dean got injured, I had Dean, Frampton and Kelly all on a level footing to be the player to grab the KPD position vacancy created by Roughy’s departure. Happy to give them time to sort it out.

That's an depressing list of potential KPD.

Dean is a gun? With 0 AFL games and 2 years on the sidelines... not sure...
Best VFL player usually equates to a very, very good player.
Injury is just bad luck.
Can't wait to see him back playing.
Yeah I think he has it.

Dean is a gun. Frampton potentially. Kelly unknown for my my own opinion.
I trust Wrighty and Fly.
How is Dean a gun? He’s literally never stepped on to the field in an AFL game, and should be regarded as a complete unknown, far moreso than Kelly.

How is Dean a gun? He’s literally never stepped on to the field in an AFL game, and should be regarded as a complete unknown, far moreso than Kelly.
Best VFL player usually equates to gun. He's also very young.
22 now.

Lol

Girls liked Sherbet
Lol

Girls liked Sherbet
Horses is not even a Braithwaite song.
He covered Horses decades after Sherbert went by the wayside.

As you say Large Jehovah, blokes preferred Skyhooks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back