Commonwealth games basketball

Remove this Banner Ad

JOHNNY GASTEV

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2008
Lavington
AFL Club
West Coast
With the Olympics over our next major tournament (I think) will be at these games. Any thoughts on the team make up? The other teams, whether it's worth playing etc?

Being in April 2018 don't bank on amy NBA players rocking up

Bairstow is a center?! Yikes...

Damn that whole squad looks pretty weak but it can change in 2 years I guess/hope.
Is there any young talent in college and/or Europe that would beef up the roster minus the NBA guys? Mind you I don't know if Ingles will still be in the NBA in 2 years time.

Jiggling Joe will be lucky to get through another NBA season tbh.. I don't think his Olympic campaign woulda done him too many favours.

Didn't watch much jazz basketball except the game where Kobe scored 60 in his last game and Kobe torched him in the 4th lmao

Edit: but nah, I don't know of any young Aussie talent in college atm. But surely there's gotta be some half African half Aussies floating around somewhere.. Or thon makers brother is half decent I think.

I didn't even know they played basketball at the Commonwealth games.
(Just checked and it looks like '06 was the only time, and due again for '18)

Pretty much a nothing tournament IMO. Really just us against NZ, and even if you take out the NBA players we should have more depth and the better team. (though we have lost for a couple of the Oceania champs).

I didn't even know they played basketball at the Commonwealth games.
(Just checked and it looks like '06 was the only time, and due again for '18)

Pretty much a nothing tournament IMO. Really just us against NZ, and even if you take out the NBA players we should have more depth and the better team. (though we have lost for a couple of the Oceania champs).
True but I'll take any medal that comes our way. Hopefully Canada will make for some decent competition alongside the Kiwis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back