List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Hard
Crows look like finishing low enough to get draiper with their first and before a bid on Walsh comes in .
Hard one to predict.

Welsh dominates and goes into top 3 calculations.

Hawks and Roos will both be keen on a tall forward.

Ideal fair trade would be Crows pick 6 and Curtin for pick 1 and Barnett. Crows get 2 top 3 Talents and Eagles get Curtin and still get a mid

Hard

Hard one to predict.

Ideal fair trade would be Crows pick 6 and Curtin for pick 1 and Barnett. Crows get 2 top 3 Talents and Eagles get Curtin and still get a mid
I wouldn’t trade Barnett. Has shown significant development this season. I rate him highly.

A couple of potential key position prospects who to me look like they have good kpd potential are the Whitlock twins at Murray. Matt stands at 199cm and Jack 200cm. Big kids that can both play.
I am looking forward to seeing how they:

1. Progress as the season rolls on.
2. There showing at the Champs for Vic Country.

For me personally at this early stage I think the top 10 is very even. Big call but I wouldn’t rank anyone from this years draft in the top 3 players of last years draft.

Wouldn’t be against splitting this year but that may change as the season goes on if someone really stands up.

Some guys that aren’t necessarily playing as defenders but possibly could, at AFL level worth keeping an eye on from the talent league that aren’t being spoken about in here include.

Damon Hollows (Cannons) has a good leg on him, matched up and broke even on Levi Ashcroft in there match against Sandi.

Harrison Oliver (Sandi) is a good outside mid that uses the ball well. Could offer run and ball use out of defence.

Harvey Langford (Stingrays) Has good height and size 190cm yet plays like a midfielder, better suited to outside for me, could see him on a half back flank offering offensive rebound.

Benjamin Hopkins (Stingrays) good general defender, plays a bit like Hough. 190cm. Makes pretty good decisions and defensively is good. Upgrade on Rotham?

Lucas McInerney ( Knights) is playing well in the wing. Good kick of the football and makes sound decisions.

Patrick Retschvo (Oak) Plays on the wing too and is one of the better kicks in his class. Had a poor game last week couldn’t get his hands on it. Haven’t seen today’s results.

Luke Trainor ( Sandi) has been shown in here by noobermensch. Worth watching his video clip. Lots to like about him.

A couple of potential key position prospects who to me look like they have good kpd potential are the Whitlock twins at Murray. Matt stands at 199cm and Jack 200cm. Big kids that can both play.

There’s more but that might be enough reading for today 😅

Thanks for the critique. :thumbsu:

Agree Trainor looks very promosing.

I am looking forward to seeing how they:

1. Progress as the season rolls on.
2. There showing at the Champs for Vic Country.

Thanks for the critique. :thumbsu:

Agree Trainor looks very promosing.
Apologies for the critique it’s probably not required. I’m just struggling to see anyone who genuinely stands out. I’ll keep that to myself going forward.

Hide Hiding GIF

We honestly have an abundance of bigger mids, definitely need a smaller more skillful one now

Long will transition into the midfield more as he builds an AFL body. Hopefully to Zorko levels.

He is super impressive at ground level and with quick hands in close.

FOS, Draper or Smith this draft and Hewett comes in as well.

Hard

Hard one to predict.

Welsh isn't really a tall forward is he ? Kind of in between .

Last year I was up for splitting Pick 1 to get more talent.

Seeing Reid today…..I am not sure we should go that route. He was incredible today for a 4 gamer.

Finn O’Sullivan and even Josh Smillie has big wraps.

It would be a very interesting watch over the next six months.
I agree. If you end up with two top 10 mids in the league (eg Reid and 2024 pick 1) then you're pretty much there for finals. The only way you wouldn't is if your defence and forwards were both bottom 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard

Hard one to predict.

If we get English id maybe entertain this, id like something added to our side of the trade though.
6 + Curtin + 2nd rounder for 1 + Barnett is closer to fair imo.
Ends up being pick 6 + 8 for Pick 1 and barnett for a 2nd rounder essentially.
But again, wouldnt do it if we dont get English

Just looks like a dead average player. Could be a cheap roleplayer but I haven't seen anything special from him in any of his games.
He reminds me of Masten in his early years, when he was initially an inside mid. They can read the tap well and have slick hands but too small and lacks burst pace to really be effective in there. Masten had a solid kick and elite endurance to become a winger, don't think Phillips has either (a year off from Glandular fever doesn't help).

Gee Sam Darcy really is something. I reckon Darcy coming along will help English realise he might not be the number 1 ruckman at the dogs in a couple years time, might be the encouragement he needs to look elsewhere

Back