List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I feel like we need to keep on the list enough KPDs to cover both Gov and Barrass missing, and im not counting Rotham as a KPD. HEdwards is at least big enough to sit in the goal square on the huge KPFs, while our alternatives are young.
Even if we get Buss I think id prefer to hold HEdwards on the list, he could be worth a 3rd round pick to a team desperate for a KPD too
He isn’t cover because he’s never bloody available though. He’s one of these guys whose body, and probably ability but mainly his body, won’t allow him to play AFL.

It's why Im bullish on Jamieson. He's athletic enough to keep up with his opponents or get there first. If he can learn to read the play better he could end up a very handy defender.
Yep jamo does things that make you take notice like taking an intercept mark at the top of his reach or picking a ball up off the deck clean at full pace . It makes you think he has the attributes to be a good key defender .

Then he does stupid s**t like trying to mark when he should have spoiled over the line or giving away a silly free due to inexperience .

At 201cms he is a great height for a KPD with great pace and mobility

Ben Hopkins 190cm HBF from Dandenong Stingrays HAS to be at the top of our mid season draft list. Great interceptor and rebounder, late July birthday so still 18yo. Needs to put on some size but did a full preseason with North Melbourne VFL so hopefully fit although they might have an eye on him too but surely they take a KPP. Although it is North.

R1: 27 touches, 5 marks, 3 rebound 50s
R2: 26 touches, 6 marks, 14 rebound 50s
R3: 25 touches, 2 intercept marks and a goal

BOND 007 I hope we’ve got eyes on him.

Also IF we split our 1st, (on early form) pick up Travaglia, Trainor and Mraz, trade for Busslinger and that’s a bloody good draft year. Will Duursma next year to fill wing/HBF position.

Ben Hopkins 190cm HBF from Dandenong Stingrays HAS to be at the top of our mid season draft list. Great interceptor and rebounder, late July birthday so still 18yo. Needs to put on some size but did a full preseason with North Melbourne VFL so hopefully fit although they might have an eye on him too but surely they take a KPP. Although it is North.

R1: 27 touches, 5 marks, 3 rebound 50s
R2: 26 touches, 6 marks, 14 rebound 50s
R3: 25 touches, 2 intercept marks and a goal

BOND 007 I hope we’ve got eyes on him.

Also IF we split our 1st, (on early form) pick up Travaglia, Trainor and Mraz, trade for Busslinger and that’s a bloody good draft year. Will Duursma next year to fill wing/HBF position.

1712891329613.png

Ben Hopkins
State: Victoria Country
State League Club: Dandenong Stingrays
Community Club: Langwarrin
Date of Birth: 28/07/05
Height: 190cm

Medium defender who reads the game exceptionally well to intercept and sets up the play with his neat ball use. Also displays great running patterns which indicate a good feel for the game. Went from strength to strength with the Dandenong Stingrays in the Coates Talent League averaging 19.8 disposals and 3.6 marks in 14 matches. Ran a strong 6:32 in the 2km time trial at the State Draft Combine in Victoria which gave an indication of his competitiveness and endurance.

I feel like Deven Robertson should fire his agent, cant crack the brissy side even with Ashcroft injured. The new Ashcroft still to get drafted

Apologies if this has been bought up already,

What about a chesser- busslinger trade/swap? Both have been a tad disappointing would a fresh start benefit both players moving back to their home states. I've heard murmurs J.croft has overtaken buss and we all know hewett/ginbey similar to chesser. If we are splitting our first pick do we really want to do that to bring in a players like buss who has almost identical stats as bazzo in the vfl/wafl or are we better off splitting that pick to leveridge Baker or just another young kid. This is assuming both rich and dogs will ask for a mid/end of first for buss or baker who are players we definitely need to consider moving forward

View attachment 1956985

Ben Hopkins

Medium defender who reads the game exceptionally well to intercept and sets up the play with his neat ball use. Also displays great running patterns which indicate a good feel for the game. Went from strength to strength with the Dandenong Stingrays in the Coates Talent League averaging 19.8 disposals and 3.6 marks in 14 matches. Ran a strong 6:32 in the 2km time trial at the State Draft Combine in Victoria which gave an indication of his competitiveness and endurance.

Ball use is neat, not great. I haven't watched him this year but his 20m sprint from memory was an issue outside of just being average.

I still think it's too early to have top prospects for the MSD and i'm not sure the club will have a pick.

I feel like Deven Robertson should fire his agent, cant crack the brissy side even with Ashcroft injured. The new Ashcroft still to get drafted

Given it was Robertson himself that turned his back on the WCE offer at the last minute, I’m not sure how that becomes the agent’s fault

I also have no issues with him wanting to challenge himself to earn a spot in the best 22 of a premiership contender rather than take a payday where he would get more game time at a bottom club

It’s blown up in his face a bit early in the season due to his own poor form but it shows the character of someone choosing the more difficult path over money. I respect that

Nah, I reckon Dev's agent should get ride of Dev. The clown chose to stay at Brisbane and play VFL over play every week with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1956985

Ben Hopkins

I wonder if Culley knows him (or knows him well).

Same junior club I think and not that far apart in age that training together etc may have happened.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, I reckon Dev's agent should get ride of Dev. The clown chose to stay at Brisbane and play VFL over play every week with us.
I find the animosity towards Dev for staying at Brisbane amusing.

He just missed out on a flag with them and people laugh at him for staying? I commend his loyalty and hunger for success.

He just missed out on a flag with them and people laugh at him for staying? I commend his loyalty and hunger for success.
Agree, but won't break into the team this year. Will test his loyalty

I don’t like the reported last minute change of mind if what’s been reported is true. Ie he backed out of a handshake deal. But can’t begrudge him for chasing what every kid should be chasing, which is a flag. If Lions had won he’d be an Eagle for sure.

Ball use is neat, not great. I haven't watched him this year but his 20m sprint from memory was an issue outside of just being average.

I still think it's too early to have top prospects for the MSD and i'm not sure the club will have a pick.
Thanks Phil. Ball use and speed the reason why he wasn’t picked up last year do you think? Ran a good 2km time trial so he a tank and had a strong finish last year. Has been in Rookie Me team of the week on HBF/pocket every week this year. Can’t think of a greater position of need other than perhaps wing based on Chesser/LEdwards early performances.

Thanks Phil. Ball use and speed the reason why he wasn’t picked up last year do you think? Ran a good 2km time trial so he a tank and had a strong finish last year. Has been in Rookie Me team of the week on HBF/pocket every week this year. Can’t think of a greater position of need other than perhaps wing based on Chesser/LEdwards early performances.

Ball use is good but not exceptional which is what we're chasing. Still very slim and has very good endurance.

I wonder if Culley knows him (or knows him well).

Same junior club I think and not that far apart in age that training together etc may have happened.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, he’d have some mail for sure. And Harley would know Travaglia and another MSD prospect Dayten Uerata but probably not a position of need for us.

I agree, staying to try to crack a game in a really good team as opposed to getting gifted games in a crap team should be applauded

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dev gave it a shot and some will admire it but in reality he ****ed up.

He decided to stay on with Brissy and will find himself looking for a new club when he is delisted.

He would have played every game with us, more coin and would likely have another 5/6 years in the system. Oh well good luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back