List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Yeah, but he's from WA so this board will continue to discuss him until he's delisted or re-signs.
no, if he gets delisted, its because of the club
I'm here still till the end of the round against norf

Oh come on. Drug rats, cheating bastards, surely you would allow yourself to complete the trifecta and go around one more time, but this time with the Dick Eaters (Geelong for those that struggle to follow rubbish on big footy).

no, if he gets delisted, its because of the club

Oh come on. Drug rats, cheating bastards, surely you would allow yourself to complete the trifecta and go around one more time, but this time with the Dick Eaters (Geelong for those that struggle to follow rubbish on big footy).

The BODE won't ever be interested after my call straight after night 2 of the draft to Mackie. Or maybe them not knowing and me making that call would make them interested. Either way I don't care, it's too much work and after last years stuff around, never again.

Little consultancy here and there when asked and in the country I'll be happy to butter up for the eagles again. However once you're out for more than 1 year you basically may as well not exist from that capacity.

More and more chat about Baker leaving and majority of the time the Eagles seem to be the team linked. (I personally think he will stay)

If we managed to land English, Baker (2nd RD Pick) and get say Sid Draper in the draft. With a standard afl team injury run next year. How many plus wins would you estimate that put us? From say 5 this year to 9 next? Not sure how that is a bad thing. Both could play 6 years.

I know it’s a how longs a piece of string? But so is most of the stuff that gets posted on here.
If Flynn stays on the park for the rest of the year I would rather give the English money to Oli Florent and Harry Perryman. 2R for Baker and F2 to the Dogs for Buss would be a good result.

Ralph on On the Couch tonight saying that Yeo wants to stay at West Coast and had an agreement for 2 years on lower money and then West Coast have dragged their feet (probs with the change over of list manager I'd expect). Now Yeo's manager is testing the market which will drive up Yeo's value.

Yeo should sign, but the guy has only come back.

It would be disappointing for him to leave because we wont be paying market rate, and we shouldnt.

30 years + travel our guys seem to fall off quickly, with the inclusion of three years of consistent injuries. He is in no position to be demanding the "BIG" dollars.

All of the mail I've read, he seems to be linked with Freo, not us.

He seems to be primarily linked to Freo in the media because of the 3x R1 picks they hold, one of which is perceived to be closer to his value than our R2 pick. So they’re banking on the club they think has the better potential trade offer

Problem with that view is that there’s no guarantee Freo actually offer one of those first rounders and they’ve not necessarily been generous traders in recent years as Peter Bell went on his feather hunt

More importantly, Richmond likely don’t get to decide which club Baker goes to. History shows players asking to be traded nominate their preferred club then leave it up to the clubs to reach a deal

Who knows where he’ll decide to go, if he even does ask to leave Richmond

Yeah. Ralph saying that other clubs are offering big deals etc... Buckley brought him back to earth a bit by saying something like - with Yeo's groins, 4 weeks ago no-one would have been offering deals, and the club probably just wanted to make sure he'd hold up physically before locking him in.

1000% this.

Could you imagine if we signed Yeo for 2 years in the pre-season and he broke down again? We’d never hear the end of it.

We rightfully wanted to see how his season went before making a commitment on years and cash. That’s the club doing its due diligence.

As it turns out, Yeo seems to have built some resilience in his body, and his form has returned to the point where he is a top 10, possibly top 5 mid in the competition again.

Waiting on the deal means we will need to add some extra cash compared to doing the deal in the pre-season, but no one should complain about having a fully fit in form Yeo for the next two years, even if waiting cost us 100-150K more on a deal.

Some people say “Yeo should repay the faith we have shown in him over the last few years”
But I have a different view.

There have been whispers that Yeo has been frustrated and maybe even blamed the club for not being able to get his body right with all the soft tissue injuries since 2021.

Given the dramatic shift in health of our list -after one point last year we had 33% of all soft tissue injuries across the comp- compared to this year, it’s hard to argue that we weren’t doing something wrong. If he’s slightly jilted or bitter, I could understand why.

I can only imagine what is going through Shuey’s mind now our S&C have got their act together.

Pay Yeo what he’s worth, get it done in the next month to 6 weeks, and then move on to signing Harley for an extension.

More and more chat about Baker leaving and majority of the time the Eagles seem to be the team linked. (I personally think he will stay)

If we managed to land English, Baker (2nd RD Pick) and get say Sid Draper in the draft. With a standard afl team injury run next year. How many plus wins would you estimate that put us? From say 5 this year to 9 next? Not sure how that is a bad thing. Both could play 6 years.

I know it’s a how longs a piece of string? But so is most of the stuff that gets posted on here.

English is becoming less and less likely. He’s having a big average year, and his weaknesses are being exposed. In other years, he seemed to be able to showcase his strengths around the ground while limiting his weaknesses in ruck contest. As dogs midfield has slowly deteriorated from being best in comp to mid tier, English is looking worse and worse.

He’s not the ruck for us, and we’d be negligent offering what it would take (6-7 years by one million) to prise him out of the dogs.

That’s not even touching on his concussion history, and how long it seems to take him to recover from knocks.

Baker is interesting. I don’t think we were in the frame for Baker until recently. If he left Richmond Freo were the likely club of choice.

west Coast no longer being utter dog s**t and a basket case and Freo not looking quite as appetising means it’s a genuine choice for Baker now. I personally think he’s exactly what we need. Someone who plays the right way, is tough, and seems like a very likeable guy.

He's been splitting his time at Talent League level and playing a lot in the forward line. I could see him being a bit like a Jade Gresham at the next level... whether you see that as a worthy investment for a top end pick or not.
Yeah, and I also think wing early days.

There's no denying the player he is. I am just very worried about how developed he already is as a player and a lack of upside particularly with his small frame.

Great couple of games against men particularly off the bat but the step from where he is to being a leading midfielder at AFL level is huge.
Agree that his game is quite developed already, but I don't mind that as it's a very high standard. I think his development will come from his body size, once he puts on some more size he'll be able to take his game to the next level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing worth trading him for. Him leaving will make retaining Harley more difficult as well as he'll be targeted even more than he already is without Yeo to take some heat.
There is talk of the first sign and trade in the AFL world. Yeo would have to agree and so would the club he is going to.

That would look like, Yeo would sign for us and we would then trade him for a first round pick. (Probably in the teens and we pay a bit of his contract)

GC would be the perfect partner for this or even Freo.

I would still keep but this is if Yeo decides he wants to leave but not screw the Eagles

Watched him on Saturday vs Academy and he was very good, so happy to quash that then.

What do you know on the matter?
That he wants opportunity which would come as a surprise to absolutely no one and would prefer that to be in WA. The dogs internal assessment may not be aligned with where he feels he is at. No off field issues.

Last edited:
There is talk of the first sign and trade in the AFL world. Yeo would have to agree and so would the club he is going to.

That would look like, Yeo would sign for us and we would then trade him for a first round pick. (Probably in the teens and we pay a bit of his contract)

I would still keep but this is if Yeo decides he wants to leave but not screw the Eagles

He doesn’t need to sign, he just needs to not exercise his free agency.

Gunston was a UFA but Brisbane traded for him instead, I can’t remember the full story but I think there was a FA compensation element where it would have watered down the Mcstay compo pick.

Personally, I think Yeo is our 2nd most important asset. We have a terribly thin midfield. Take one of Yeo/Kelly/Reid out and it’s arguably the worst in the comp, and we can’t over rate how important he is in getting us out of “worst team since Fitzroy” territory. Not to mention the relationship he has with Harley.

Jobe lead the goalkicking for the AFL Academy on a tough day with limited opportunities. He competed well and applied strong tackling pressure, but will have better days marking the footy.

Just more vic media rubbish as they froth over the guy they said we were stupid not to delist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back