List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Known or speculated? Brockman hadn't signed, but there didn't seem to be much of a read on whether he would stay or go. Hawks fans had no Intel and wanted to keep him.

Flynn I don't recall hearing anything about. We seemed more into other rucks but missed out on them and shifted our focus pretty late on.
Was pretty much know as could be

Known or speculated? Brockman hadn't signed, but there didn't seem to be much of a read on whether he would stay or go. Hawks fans had no Intel and wanted to keep him.

Flynn I don't recall hearing anything about. We seemed more into other rucks but missed out on them and shifted our focus pretty late on.
Listen to the two pods like tradies and gettable and you will

Not worth the salary and list spot . We don't play gaff because he is too slow for the modern game and Graham is exactly the same he can run all day but doesn't have anything past 3rd gear .
Someone mentioned earlier we could essentially take Graham and Baker and exploit the loophole in free agency band 1 compensation. Richmond will get most likely pic2 in the draft it could be a gentleman's agreement behind closed doors with our new list manager(richmonds ex list manager). Graham isn't going to be a superstar and we will cop a lot of s**t from Vic media for paying him way overs but we can also get baker for a packet of chips and keep our f2 or r2 for busslinger. Wouldn't need to split our first pic either meaning we get the best of both worlds.

Someone mentioned earlier we could essentially take Graham and Baker and exploit the loophole in free agency band 1 compensation. Richmond will get most likely pic2 in the draft it could be a gentleman's agreement behind closed doors with our new list manager(richmonds ex list manager). Graham isn't going to be a superstar and we will cop a lot of s**t from Vic media for paying him way overs but we can also get baker for a packet of chips and keep our f2 or r2 for busslinger. Wouldn't need to split our first pic either meaning we get the best of both worlds.
I did mention it but I was taking the p*ss. In no world would the AFL allow that unless we were North Melbourne or GCS.

I did mention it but I was taking the p*ss. In no world would the AFL allow that unless we were North Melbourne or GCS.
I don't think it was too far fetched, I understand the link between laura kane and north tho. In saying that afl is never consistent with these things

Chapman isn’t a KPD and word in freo is here is more likely to end up a wingman or mid than a KPD.

Murphy got dropped from Peel to play WAFL reserves. It seems the question marks on his speed are fermenting.

Draper looks good, but he’s only a handful of games in.

Pearce is always one injury away from potential retirement.

We have a more immediate need for Busslinger than Freo, but Freo’s KPD stocks are far from a sure thing in medium-long term.

If Buss wants immediate opportunity he’d be better off coming to us, but interest from Freo is natural. Buss projects to be better than most on the list you mentioned, and has point of difference as an interceptor with genuinely good foot skills/rebounding.
Ollie murphy did not get dropped to play reserves. He didn't play the game against West Coast who don't have a reserves side. Peel have a rule that only so many Dockers can play in any one game. I think it is eleven and Murphy and another of their lesser lights sat out that game.
Dockers have Brennan Cox to come back and Mcdonald, Draper and Davies are all back ups.
Draper is way ahead of Busslinger at the moment and it would be stupid for him to go to the Dockers.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Baker eligible for FA? I haven't heard that. I think he might be a year or two short of qualifying so we would have to trade for him.

I'd rather pay up what is fair for baker then give Graham a pay check he doesn't deserve even half of. What a terrible idea.

Acres trade as a future 3rd (albeit wasn't really wanted by Freo) would seem to indicate an low 20s pick is about right.
Maybe he is worth that to a club in a flag window. I think he is just a bit too old for us to be interested since we are several years away from a flag window. It also depends a bit on the depth of the draft. Some years there are loads of good players in that pick 15 - 30 bracket and some years there is only a couple of decent players who emerge from pick 15 onwards.

If you offered all 17 clubs (other than Richmond) that they could have as a freebie either pick 20 or Baker how many would pick Baker? I reckon maybe 3 or 4 clubs.

So the suggestion is we throw large amounts of money at Graham in order to maximise the comp Richmond get for him, and in return they let us have Baker for not much?

Sounds extremely expensive from a cap point of view, we’d still have to pay Baker what he’s worth in addition to paying Graham significantly more than what he’s worth.

Graham is a defensive mid rates high in all pressure stats , much diff player to gaff and sheed, his value is what he could add to young group learning ropes of two way running
We have senior players /premiership players that can drive standards .

We are not norf who just axed all their senior players and brought in a bunch of kids with no guidance.

The big test if a player is good is if a team is upset about losing them .

Your board doesn't want to lose Baker or kaleb Smith but Graham?

As one of your posters put it 'I'll drive him across the Nullarbor myself '

Its like us if someone offered us anything for sheed .

Sounds like a silly idea .

Better off paying for Baker in picks than chewing up salary on a list clogger .

I'm all in on the no more slow runners unless they have elite traits

We have seen how much better we look without slow gaff and sheed .

So the suggestion is we throw large amounts of money at Graham in order to maximise the comp Richmond get for him, and in return they let us have Baker for not much?

Sounds extremely expensive from a cap point of view, we’d still have to pay Baker what he’s worth in addition to paying Graham significantly more than what he’s worth.
Its bigfooty mate suggestion/pisstake make of it what you will. It's no secret free agency compensation is exploited ie mckay Gresham of late. Money is one thing but contract length another measure. Are west coast going to struggle to meet the minimum salary cap requirements next year, I'd say if they paying duggan 800k absolutely. What other lure is there to getting a player to a bottom 4 side when mcluggage perryman Florent etc are all possibly gonna play finals this year?

We have senior players /premiership players that can drive standards .

We are not norf who just axed all their senior players and brought in a bunch of kids with no guidance.

The big test if a player is good is if a team is upset about losing them .

Your board doesn't want to lose Baker or kaleb Smith but Graham?

As one of your posters put it 'I'll drive him across the Nullarbor myself '

Its like us if someone offered us anything for sheed .
When your losing often you wanna change up the mix you start looking for obvious areas for upside , a def mid in our current mode for mine has less claims than a kid that is showing he has some tricks ,,I still believe tho that he would be very good for a young midfield , we recruited TT and hopper to be our experience , I suspect that Clarke has a plan to get baker and JG is part of it as they’re tight

Its bigfooty mate suggestion/pisstake make of it what you will. It's no secret free agency compensation is exploited ie mckay Gresham of late. Money is one thing but contract length another measure. Are west coast going to struggle to meet the minimum salary cap requirements next year, I'd say if they paying duggan 800k absolutely. What other lure is there to getting a player to a bottom 4 side when mcluggage perryman Florent etc are all possibly gonna play finals this year?

If they’re going to struggle to meet the minimum salary cap, they could do something like re-sign Oscar Allen and/or Brady Hough (both currently expiring end of 2025) on front ended deals.

I’d rather give the money we have to spend to players like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back