List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Think I’ve mentioned this on here before but I’d definitely be asking the question of taking Jack Macrae big contract off bulldogs hands which I think would release cap pressure that they have and maybe if Busslinger mentions he wants to go home it makes that trade a little easier. 24 and F2 for them and 28. Added bonus to that would be trying to get Macrae brother from Collingwood

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think I’ve mentioned this on here before but I’d definitely be asking the question of taking Jack Macrae big contract off bulldogs hands which I think would release cap pressure that they have and maybe if Busslinger mentions he wants to go home it makes that trade a little easier. 24 and F2 for them and 28. Added bonus to that would be trying to get Macrae brother from Collingwood

Rather just trade an F2 for Buss

I think this option only stacks up for us if we get a pick bump, of any kind coming our way due it being a bowes style salary dump. He's too old to really be much use for us and we should in general be using our salary space to get younger FA's or attract other juniors.

im still waiting for clay to increase his arm size so he can get a gig in the afl midifled.
Working Out Jacob Tremblay GIF by Good Boys

Maybe because he’s a 3 time premiership player and able to offer defensive side to our young and inconsistent midfield once Yeo goes. He’s 26, the exact age range we lack. He’s not a world beater but he and baker will go a long way to making sure we don’t revisit the rabble we were for the past two years.
Yeo, Sheed, Kelly, Gaff, Duggen- yep definitely a shortage of senior mids :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo, Sheed, Kelly, Gaff, Duggen- yep definitely a shortage of senior mids :rolleyes:
I think his arguement is that we need more experienced mids in the 24-28 age range. Of that lot only Duggan fits the profile. Sheed and Gaff arent B22 players anymore so their main contribution to the youngsters would be their professionalism.

I’d want no F2 added to that deal and/or a pick dump from dogs.

Plus McCrae would have to realise the lay of the land at WC that means he likely plays reserves behind players whose AFL output is slightly below expectations but who are much younger.

If it were a new contract maybe he moves, but why do it when $ are guaranteed and you may be (unlikely as it is) the sub in a premiership team with a lot of luck

I dunno if Culley is worth dumping just yet, still potential there. Id rather dump Witho tbh, he wouldnt be needed with Cumming/Perryman/Baker on the list who can do the same/similar role but better.
Culley has just returned a fortnight ago from an ACL .
I would rather give him another year extension to have an uninterrupted pre season than cut him early .

He was in our best for the 2023 pre season period and looked a lock to play in afl all season . He had a breakout game 4 goals and rising star nomination before his injury.

I would love to see him own that inside mid role at wafl level for the rest of the season

Luke Cotellessa is a talented young mid from WA building his case as a draft fancy for 2024. His reaction speed and anticipation at stoppage allows him to get first hands on the footy, and his agility and first step gives him the space to get a clean disposal away. On the outside, Luke has strong foot skills and the poise to make excellent decisions with ball in hand.

Culley has just returned a fortnight ago from an ACL .
I would rather give him another year extension to have an uninterrupted pre season than cut him early .

He was in our best for the 2023 pre season period and looked a lock to play in afl all season . He had a breakout game 4 goals and rising star nomination before his injury.

I would love to see him own that inside mid role at wafl level for the rest of the season
If theres no chance Chesser gets a run as an inside mid at WAFL level, yeah id throw Culley in the guts there for the year and use him to give Yeo/Kelly/Reid rests/cover injuries at stages. If he plays 3-4 AFL games and the rest WAFL thatd be fine imo.

I dont think theres a future for him in our forward line anymore tbh, our fwd line is reasonably strong. Its inside mid or bust I think

I think his arguement is that we need more experienced mids in the 24-28 age range. Of that lot only Duggan fits the profile. Sheed and Gaff arent B22 players anymore so their main contribution to the youngsters would be their professionalism.
Sheed is an excellent finger pointer, really sets the standard as far as I’m concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back