List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
North bound for sure. Any other big performances of note? Seems like Hopkins didn’t play for the stingrays.
Jobe Shanahan was adjudged best on for Bendigo (and rightly so) as they came over the top of GWV Rebels and came from three goals down to kick the winning point (by Ollie Poole) with less than two seconds to go.
Lachie Hogan was next best (both he and Jobe will play for the Allies at the Champs). He's a GWS academy player but not certain to be taken.
Tobie Travaglia was adjudged third and Dayten Uerata next.
So a lot of the big movers for Bendigo were in our best today.
For GWV their best were probably Harry Charleson and Harry Lawson (overager) as well as Oliver Hannaford out of the backline.

Around the grounds looking at the App I can see the following:
  • Matt Whitlock kicked 5 from 8 scoring shots for the Bushrangers;
  • Joe Berry also had another big game with four goals from 16 disposals;
  • Hanily (29 disposals, 1 goal), Lindsay (26 disposals) and Stobie (25 disposals) looked industrious for Gippsland;
  • the Northern Knights smashed Oakleigh by 98 points. Thomas Sims had 7 goals from 11 scoring shots;
  • Jagga Smith had 33 disposals for Oakleigh;
  • Zac Johnson had 28 disposals for the Knights; and
  • Cody Anderson had 33 disposals and a goal for Eastern (who just got over the Brisbane Academy).

Jobe Shanahan was adjudged best on for Bendigo (and rightly so) as they came over the top of GWV Rebels and came from three goals down to kick the winning point (by Ollie Poole) with less than two seconds to go.
Lachie Hogan was next best (both he and Jobe will play for the Allies at the Champs). He's a GWS academy player but not certain to be taken.
Tobie Travaglia was adjudged third and Dayten Uerata next.
So a lot of the big movers for Bendigo were in our best today.
For GWV their best were probably Harry Charleson and Harry Lawson (overager) as well as Oliver Hannaford out of the backline.

Around the grounds looking at the App I can see the following:
  • Matt Whitlock kicked 5 from 8 scoring shots for the Bushrangers;
  • Joe Berry also had another big game with four goals from 16 disposals;
  • Hanily (29 disposals, 1 goal), Lindsay (26 disposals) and Stobie (25 disposals) looked industrious for Gippsland;
  • the Northern Knights smashed Oakleigh by 98 points. Thomas Sims had 7 goals from 11 scoring shots;
  • Jagga Smith had 33 disposals for Oakleigh;
  • Zac Johnson had 28 disposals for the Knights; and
  • Cody Anderson had 33 disposals and a goal for Eastern (who just got over the Brisbane Academy).
Thanks mate as always. Shanahan likely to end up top 5 IMO, maybe Trainor as well. Whitlock will be highly sought after too. If we can turn FOS into Jagga and Travaglia I’m doing it.

How do you think Uerata will fit in with our current midfield group if we get a MSD pick?

If we can turn FOS into Jagga and Travaglia I’m doing it.
Got to have a chat to Tobie and his mum after the game in the rooms. I mentioned that there were West Coast fans on the forums hoping for him to be our selection. He confirmed he would be keen to play with Harley again.
How do you think Uerata will fit in with our current midfield group if we get a MSD pick?
The difficulty with Dayten is that he's a bit of a project player, and midfield options are not particularly valued in the MSD.
He has demonstrated that he's great around traffic at Talent League level but what does that translate to at AFL? It's unclear so I'm not sure that should we have a selection at the end of the month that we'll take him. Still a good selection for the right club though.

I like cody anderson obviously not our first but if he could be an option somewhere

I feel like you haven't thought it through properly.

What the AFL is proposing is doing away with the points discount AND having to have the first pick used for matching within a certain range (yet to be determined).

Using last years draft as an example, Suns probably would have only been able to match two kids at best, the first kid bid on, and the fourth kid bid on. They wouldn't have been able to trade back so much, would have to have kept multiple picks highish in the second round, which would have been wiped out from the first bid.

So Rogers and Read would have gone in to the open draft pool.
So Rogers and Read would be pulling the homesick card and want to be traded back to QLD in 3 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have been ignoring KPP talent for years, but norf doing norf things doesnt surprise me.

Adelaide might jump at F1 considering 2025 Pick 1 is a SA boy...And would be around about for Trainor one would think.

Will McLachlan kicked 5 today for Geelong Falcons, kicked a bag of 6 and 5 twice now.
Beautiful left footer, half forward type.
Reckon he or Hutchinson are going pick 1 in the MSD.

Another couple I like for MSD and were quite good in the young guns games.
Oskar Smart, smaller type but with zip and can dance his way through traffic. Played midfield but reckon he's a small forward at AFL, been playing VFL for bombers.
O'Leary as above, elite runner and beautiful kick. Moves like Papley, but less physical.
Uerata is as mentioned a real project player, but has some nice moves and skill. I'd say he's years away from playing AFL though.
More of a write up, when I finish the games.

The other I really liked but for national draft is Cooper Hynes, 190cm mid with a beautiful kick. He was really good for Vic Country vs Young guns. Just checked and he kicked 5 today along with 23 disposals. Remember the name!!!

They have been ignoring KPP talent for years, but norf doing norf things doesnt surprise me.

Adelaide might jump at F1 considering 2025 Pick 1 is a SA boy...And would be around about for Trainor one would think.
Smillie is a point of difference for their otherwise small and skilful mids. There would be a few teams very interested in Norf’s F1 yes most notably GCS and Crows. This young SA fella Dyson Sharp has W Duursma covered for #1 next year IMO. Where Trainor ends up ranked will have a huge impact on the draft, especially with Crows and Suns likely wanting Norf’s F1. Big opportunity for us in there if trainor ends up ranked pick 2-4.

Why?

Pretty sure Rogers family moved from Vic to GC when he was young. Haven't read Read's back ground.
A Queenslander born and bred

Dunno if the above is true, as other places say he was born in Melbourne and moved to GC at age 5, so it's certainly possible he could become homesick.

Pressure of what? We aint aiming for finals so we dont need a top up

I think with the success of Maric, we should probably keep being a bit more I suppose confident about the draft and looking to take the youger option as opposed to the stopgap
Without yeo you are asking Reid and ginbey to get smashed pillar to post every game playing inside mid .

Who else to come in culley isn't ready and hall is also a new draftee .

We have no back up inside mids .

Hately is a big body and a good inside mid but he can't really play any other position .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back