List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Interesting option put forward by a Tigers supporter as a straight swap for Baker:

“However if we were to target a player swap to build up our list, I'd be asking about the following players”

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid

I'd say Ryan Maric is 0% chance but would anyone entertain the other ones?
No. Baker isn’t a needle mover

For those that are hoping Sam Taylor will snub GWS and sign on as a RFA, have a good read of the article on afl.com

My intel was that GWS love him and that he was staying put. He or Tom Green are seen as their next captain. Plenty of $$ in the cap for him and he is not going to demand a salary that Norf have been quoting to his manager

Josh Battle is a RFA and it is going to be interesting where he goes.

In his draft year, he played predominantly as a KPF while since joining St Blunders, he has played back

As a KPD, he will command a decent whack. I’ve seen him trialled up front but the Saints have King and Membry. I can see Norf with ample cash going very hard at him. I’d be ok offering him a decent package. He would be a decent bridge tall in the worst case

Simple question - who do you want determining your life. Clarkson, Lyon or Simmo.

So Hawks doing their best to allow us pick 3 in the msd
I was already looking at the end of the year, and with Tigers and our Draw i think the bottom three is lock and loaded

16. Eagles - Pick 3
17. Tigers - Pick 2
18. Norf - Pick 1

Logic would assume Norf should target KPP in some form, and could split 1. But Norf being Norf could well likely shoot themselves in the foot and pick Smillie.

And then we have Tigers, and not sure what type of player they would target?

Then we have us at #3 which seems to always be kind to us. Still a long road but from the fixture list barring no surprises I think this where it will finish.

I was already looking at the end of the year, and with Tigers and our Draw i think the bottom three is lock and loaded

16. Eagles - Pick 3
17. Tigers - Pick 2
18. Norf - Pick 1

Logic would assume Norf should target KPP in some form, and could split 1. But Norf being Norf could well likely shoot themselves in the foot and pick Smillie.

Then we have us at #3 which seems to always be kind to us. Still a long road but from the fixture list barring no surprises I think this where it will finish.

I still think Tigers get a lot of players back and don't finish bottom 2.

Thats what I want too.

But looking through, it seems we will get one extra win than the tigers, I am hoping I am well wrong.

And some KPF / Trainor has a belter in a combine so we have plenty of options either way if we finish with either Pick 2/3.

I don’t think we’ll have a spot at the MSD.

If Long can return this year, they will leave that door open…and they aren’t randomly forcing Andrew Gaff to retire, that won’t happen.

So unless someone else goes down 👉🏻🪵 - we don’t take anyone at the MSD.

Cue the melts from the Draft Monkeys who just want their damn mid year fix of shiny and new.

For those that are hoping Sam Taylor will snub GWS and sign on as a RFA, have a good read of the article on afl.com

My intel was that GWS love him and that he was staying put. He or Tom Green are seen as their next captain. Plenty of $$ in the cap for him and he is not going to demand a salary that Norf have been quoting to his manager
Anyone thinking Taylor would leave GWS are on another planet.

Interesting option put forward by a Tigers supporter as a straight swap for Baker:

“However if we were to target a player swap to build up our list, I'd be asking about the following players”

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid

I'd say Ryan Maric is 0% chance but would anyone entertain the other ones?
Considering our key forward Depth is looking promising (j.williams-oscar-waterman) I'd like to see archer develop into a key back and maric put on a wing to utilise his foot skills or even back flank. Imagine maric if he was getting mid 20 disposals a game

Bailey has to stay because Flynn is injury prone he still could be a bust yet and Barnett needs another pre season or two under his belt

I copped a tonne of s**t in the pre season for saying chesser to be traded if he shows not much this year. I still stand by it. Both he and wce need a fresh start. I think Chesser and busslinger is a fair trade for both parties. Assuming we nab draper or finn this year we prob don't need him and he's prob got reasonable trade capital

Our round 2 pic and a bag of chips gets Baker done. Freo aren't gonna go for him they need x factor he's just an honest utility, if they throw the world at him they are dumbasses and goodluck with that , just my thoughts

Considering our key forward Depth is looking promising (j.williams-oscar-waterman) I'd like to see archer develop into a key back and maric put on a wing to utilise his foot skills or even back flank. Imagine maric if he was getting mid 20 disposals a game

Bailey has to stay because Flynn is injury prone he still could be a bust yet and Barnett needs another pre season or two under his belt

I copped a tonne of s**t in the pre season for saying chesser to be traded if he shows not much this year. I still stand by it. Both he and wce need a fresh start. I think Chesser and busslinger is a fair trade for both parties. Assuming we nab draper or finn this year we prob don't need him and he's prob got reasonable trade capital

Our round 2 pic and a bag of chips gets Baker done. Freo aren't gonna go for him they need x factor he's just an honest utility, if they throw the world at him they are dumbasses and goodluck with that , just my thoughts

Chesser is worth a bag of chips. 3 years in the AFL system as a small, shown not much since 16 years old. We don't have a lot of players with trade currency higher than a bag of chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF we have a pick in the MSD, we could do a lot worse than Jacob Blight as some handy KPD depth.
I reckon Norf will take him at #1. Tigers then likely to take Howes or Scaife IMO if they keep pick #2.

Chesser is worth a bag of chips. 3 years in the AFL system as a small, shown not much since 16 years old. We don't have a lot of players with trade currency higher than a bag of chips.
What value would busslinger have Phil considering he hasn't played yet?

You'll get no argument from me re Chesser and trade. Love your other comments too

16. Eagles - Pick 3
17. Tigers - Pick 2
18. Norf - Pick 1

North are going to have to start trading out some of those young mids and forwards to get the draft capital to chase KPP's.

Tom Powell and Will Phillips should be looking to move now.

Package Powell and Norths second round pick to chase Adelaide's first round pick

I reckon if North finish bottom they still take Smillie. Might look to trade their future first to get back in for Trainor but Duursma being a possible top 3 pick might make them hold.

Richmond won’t split. Fair chance to add a few late firsts.

Hawks and Eagles will likely have a lot of options to trade back.

Maybe if Baker, Sheldrick, English and Buss are all looking to come in. Plus get pick 8 is a fair spike in talent level.

I reckon if North finish bottom they still take Smillie. Might look to trade their future first to get back in for Trainor but Duursma being a possible top 3 pick might make them hold.

Richmond won’t split. Fair chance to add a few late firsts.

Hawks and Eagles will likely have a lot of options to trade back.

Maybe if Baker, Sheldrick, English and Buss are all looking to come in. Plus get pick 8 is a fair spike in talent level.
Just thinking about this today, do teams with potentially early picks in next years draft consider trying to trade back in to this years draft, if we don't see a Harley Reid like talent in next year's draft. Or might teams look to trade out of this year's first round in to next year's draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back