List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Anybody know much about Milan Murdock? mature age recruit, small quick midfielder, probably bolsters the beagles mostly. Would he gets a game for us?

Murdock, 23, has been sounded out by the Eagles through his club the Sharks, while he met with Essendon at the weekend ahead of the draft on May 29.
It comes fresh off his starring role for Western Australia in their 63-point loss to South Australia at Optus Stadium on Sunday.
Murdock was easily the best on ground for the Black Swans, winning the Simpson Medal after finishing with 25 disposals, five clearances and two goals.
The inside midfielder is ranked no.1 in the WAFL for tackles (10) and is averaging 25 disposals, 12 contested and 6.5 clearances for the reigning premiers.
Murdock had a breakout year in 2023, when the midfielder led the Sandover Medal count after the first five rounds with 11 votes before injuries restricted him in the second half of the season.
He then produced an incredible finals series including claiming the Simpson Medal in the grand final win over Peel Thunder, showcasing his versatility by playing as a small forward.

Handballs more than he kicks

Squiggle (and most models) can lag at picking up trends.

I think we’re vastly better than we were 4 weeks ago, and have a soft fixture coming home.

North x2, Hawthorn, St Kilda x2, Freo, Adelaide even GCS at Optus are all winnable.

We could be looking at 7-9 wins.
I mean squiggle has us winning 7.5 games which is essentially what you have predicted? Can’t be lagging too much haha

Thinking about the KPD issue we all seem to be aware of in the future.

If Jake can maintain 75% of his current output, J Williams comes on to be a good player as he certainly is looking like, A Reid comes on and fills his potential and Bailey starts playing forward the majority which is the plan, we are very good for talls up front but missing down back in 3 or 4 years.

None of those blokes can be trusted to hold down a defensive spot, but there is one bloke I haven't mentioned who played down there as a junior and in his first year who can be.

If Jake genuinely turns into the G Train MKII, do we move Oscar back?
Maric . Tall , athletic and a beautiful kick .

I think he could be a Darcy Moore type

Squiggle (and most models) can lag at picking up trends.

I think we’re vastly better than we were 4 weeks ago, and have a soft fixture coming home.

North x2, Hawthorn, St Kilda x2, Freo, Adelaide even GCS at Optus are all winnable.

We could be looking at 7-9 wins.
We would need to start looking like a team who can win an away game . We have lost every road game by an average of 50+ points .
We are two different teams .

Last edited:
I don't know why simmo and club keep pushing this home ground fortress narrative.

All it does is makes player not rock up in away games. We need to push the agenda of any time and place side.

We were close to beatng GCS away and matched Sydney away. The difference between us at home and away is way overblown. And I'm worried this home fortress agenda makes it actually true

We would need to start looking like a team who can win an away game . We have lost every road game by an average of 50+ points .
We are two different teams .
I think it's who we played away TBH.
Especially at the start of the year.

I reckon you always give up 5 goals when you're away.

I'm more than happy with how're we're tracking.

I don't know why simmo and club keep pushing this home ground fortress narrative.

All it does is makes player not rock up in away games. We need to push the agenda of any time and place side.

We were close to beatng GCS away and matched Sydney away. The difference between us at home and away is way overblown. And I'm worried this home fortress agenda makes it actually true
He has been. in his last presser he specifically stated that we are now being more competitive at home and that the next step is to bring that form away.

No need to be frustrated at nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark saying he expects Harley to sign a 1 year extension, no timeline given.

Also stated that if Harley signs an extra year we can move money into his 3rd year, which is currently base 3rd year wage.

Clark said it will be 3 million over his 3rd and 4th year.

EDIT: I think Clark may be talking about Additional Services Agreement (ASA) which is 1.2m in marketing money every club has outside the cap in terms of Harleys 3rd year.

Last edited:
Riley Garcia is exactly the type of player we should be targeting.
What would he cost?
Agreed. Flagged him at the start of the season as he’s OOC for our 4R, some said we might even get him for free as a DFA but don’t think either of those are happening anymore unfortunately. Our 3R may have been enough but we don’t have one.

Good to hear Chad is coming “home” for the bye, will give us a chance to get in his ear about wearing the #3 in 2026 and beyond.

Just on Oscar Allen I saw training this week he is back running

He needs to work his arse of now to be available after the break I think it will a lot longer than that

He looks a lot bigger and stronger, but the bad side of that is he is less agile and really slow and a huge turning circle

I was really worried with what I saw, he looked so far from AFL level

Needs to do a mini pre-season lose some muscle get leaner and run better

We saw before he was injured his running was poor, I would hate for him to come back effect Waterman's
form and start getting Bronx cheers.

He said he “hopes they’ve got him a present for his birthday”. Must mean he thinks his family have forgotten who he is and has to move home mid contract.

F**k I hate Vic media.

Just get Pyke to pop over with Harley, Ginbey, Hewett and Chesser and give him a number 3 Eagles gurnsey..

Job done.

Our first step towards being a strong team when Judd and Kerr arrived was being strong at home. It’s a good starting point.

Back