List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Have repeatedly said I don't expect him to or see any indication he would.

It's a hypothetical.
Yes, but you are basing all your hypothetical musings on this fundamentally erroneous comparison.

Essentially you can forget about your hypotheticals because HR is no JHF, and I may add WCE is no NM.

Sounds like Baker is going to come to us and Harley Reid will not be part of any deal.

Looks like you will have to feast on the **** sandwich like we have been doing for the last 2 and 1/2 years.
The road out is long and painful.

Last edited:

And their microwaved memberships.
They're electronic now, it's such a drainer :unamused:

Yes, but you are basing all your hypothetical musings on this fundamentally erroneous comparison.

Essentially you can forget about your hypotheticals because HR is no JHF, and I may add WCE is no NM.

Sounds like Baker is going to come to us and Harley Reid will not be part of any deal.

Looks like you will have to feast on the **** sandwich like we have been doing for the last 2 and 1/2 years.

Yeah we really should have bitten the bullet after 2021 but I guess I can't blame them for trying to squeeze another flag out of guys like Dusty, Cotch and Jack.

If Baker wants to go I'd be sad but respect that decision and just hope we get something useful back for him.

As for the poo sandwich, well yeah I was born in '88 and am a 21year member so I've known nothing but pain from birth until 2017 haha. I think most fans would be happy to suffer for a while if it meant they'd get a 3 flag dynasty. I'm forever grateful that my dad got to see another premiership before he's too old, and that I got to see some of our modern champions live.

high quality GIF

Two years and we already have hope again.

Yeah we really should have bitten the bullet after 2021 but I guess I can't blame them for trying to squeeze another flag out of guys like Dusty, Cotch and Jack.

If Baker wants to go I'd be sad but respect that decision and just hope we get something useful back for him.

As for the poo sandwich, well yeah I was born in '88 and am a 21year member so I've known nothing but pain from birth until 2017 haha. I think most fans would be happy to suffer for a while if it meant they'd get a 3 flag dynasty. I'm forever grateful that my dad got to see another premiership before he's too old, and that I got to see some of our modern champions live.
Yes your recent dynasty and three flags were great. I am envious. Glad for your dad.

The cliff can come quickly. I am surprised to see your club where it is now.

Our club has been largely successful without being able to win premierships in a row yet.

We have also had our down periods the worst of which we are currently trying to fight our way out of.

It is an interesting question why some clubs rise and fall and others are able to stay around the top.

high quality GIF

Two years and we already have hope again.
Certainly painful if not long (relatively speaking).

I assume you watched the numerous 100+ beltings of the last couple of years.

We are not yet out of the woods. We may be witnessing a false dawn, or dead cat bounce based on the performances of Yeo, McGovern, Barrass, Kelly and other veterans soon to retire.

An uncle and aunt of mine(both die hard Richmond supporters) both died in 2017, before the grand final.

It is an interesting question why some clubs rise and fall and others are able to stay around the top.

With Geelong it's different - they can attract players from the area with little competition, their fixture is artificially inflated with 'true' home games at Kardinia Park, and they have a sustained culture of success which also is enticing.

Compared to North who sells home games, travel to Tassie regularly and play in front of empty stadiums - the choice is easy and the results are not surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not yet out of the woods. We may be witnessing a false dawn, or dead cat bounce based on the performances of Yeo, McGovern, Barrass, Kelly and other veterans soon to retire.

Correct.

But still better this than no dawn or no cat bouncing (see: North now, Melbourne during Neeld/Bailey, Carlton during Bolton etc). A final hurrah from the senior players helps drive the culture and standards for the next generation. We had a dead cat bounce with Worsfold in 2011 and it helped lead to a GF and flag within 7 years with a fair proportion of that 2011 group still on the list.

That loss to Sydney did sting a little more than usual.

I have faith, there's trade targets that could help the transition from those veterans and I think we have some good kids in Harley, Ginbey and Hough. Still have hope for Long, Chesser, Hewitt and a few others as well.

How good is Warner?! WC need to throw the proverbial sink at him.

Soon club's will be able to offer firsts, potentially 3 years in to the future.

Is it worth going for Corey Warner now, to make Chad more likely?? We need another winger...
The Mighty Ducks Fist Bump GIF

Chad and Harley would be the bash brothers! Could you imagine it, unstoppable together.

Corey would be a fairly cheap acquisition and yeah a good option for the wing!

How good is Warner?! WC need to throw the proverbial sink at him.

Soon club's will be able to offer firsts, potentially 3 years in to the future.

Is it worth going for Corey Warner now, to make Chad more likely?? We need another winger...
Corey still contracted same as Chad, but I do suspect the play will be for Warner Bros., not just Chad as both would be great additions to our squad and I’ve been told that Corey in particular wants to come home. 2025 1R and F1 should be enough as long as the 1R is a top 5 pick.

Have repeatedly said I don't expect him to or see any indication he would.

It's a hypothetical.

I’d say the club would likely hold him to his contract. It is rarely done (but we have done so before).

I think the expectation around here is an extension, and that seems the likely outcome in the near/mid term. However if at the end of 3 years there were a trade scenario it would be some sort of bidding war

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Corey still contracted same as Chad, but I do suspect the play will be for Warner Bros., not just Chad as both would be great additions to our squad and I’ve been told that Corey in particular wants to come home. 2025 1R and F1 should be enough as long as the 1R is a top 5 pick.
I don't want our 2025 or 2026 picks to be a top five pick.

Can't see us getting Chad Warner, but at least the board is finally talking about a good player and not just Deven ***** Robertson.

Another thing to thank Harley Reid for. Before Harley: Hmmm maybe we can get get Robertson I dunno After Harley: Alright boys and girls ***** it we're getting The Chad.

An uncle and aunt of mine(both die hard Richmond supporters) both died in 2017, before the grand final.
And that is why there shouldn't be 20 teams.

14 good teams, all in with a chance to taste glory over an extended period. With less in Victoria which helps balance out so many inequalities in the league - and results in 6 competitive teams in that market.

Hmmm well every pick we have after P2 is worth 2964 so if there's a club going for academy players with a good pick we could probably get a top 5 pick.

Gibcus is a sad story. Looked so good in his first year. Would be a gamble to take him for any club IMO.

Could end up being P1, P3-5, F1, Baker.

Not sure it's a good idea for a club like us doing a rebuild but Reid looks like a generational talent...
Bolton + Baker + pick 1 or 2 + F1st?

Can't see us getting Chad Warner, but at least the board is finally talking about a good player and not just Deven ***** Robertson.

Another thing to thank Harley Reid for. Before Harley: Hmmm maybe we can get get Robertson I dunno After Harley: Alright boys and girls ***** it we're getting The Chad.
Thank god for Harley that these days seem longer ago than they really were

When is the last time a player was traded for
2 top 3-5 picks? We’d definitely want something back from Sydney in that scenario.

Back