List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I was talking about him last year, with Woodcock too.

What's interesting is we ended up picking up Flynn (who is not dissimilar in style) to play BW as forward/2nd ruck.
It's a valid suggestion which would help us keep our preferred structure.

Even when Flynn comes back, it'd be great having him as depth and extra pressure on Flynn and BW to keep performing.
He's a beast and would give the side some much needed aggression as well.

Oh...And Woodie had a great first game up 2024 VFL.

View attachment 1943397
At least you'll really know what Crossley out for the season with hamstring awareness, means.

Also, his family are a real piece of work.

Age profile is a myth perpetrated by the dumbass football media. 100% you don't want to be forced to play players before they are ready but everything else is open game.

I can put a team on the park with all under 21s (2020 draft and newer) that will compete just fine with any AFL team put out this week. I think they wouldn't even finish bottom 4. Obvious advantages being their peak years will occur simultaneously and this team would win 5 flags in a row.

FB: Wilmot, Van Rooyen, Hough
HBF: Wanganeen-Milera, Darcy, Sheezel
MID: Gulden, JHF, Ashcroft
HFF: Perkins, Ugle Hagan, Rachele
FF: Motlop, McDonald, Reid

FOLL: Thillthorpe, Daicos, Wardlaw
BENCH: Windhager, Phillipou, Ginbey, Owens

The area being a concern is Ruck and a dearth of KPP which is to be expected.
* I probably missed a bunch too

Which player would make way for any UFA on the market?
Disagree.

Better to learn off experience players and standards set. Don’t think any of those players would be on the same level if they all started together as 18yo

Apparently someone left their iPhone synced to devices back home and the group chat ended up on a device accessed by one of the players partners, and it’s caused a big issue as they got up to no good while in Vegas.

Prior, Neale, Mcluggage, Hipwood, Fullarton, Rayner all seemed to be on the trip but not sure who was in Vegas.
On the Brisbane board they are saying that Raynor and Hipwood are now single…..

Disagree.

Better to learn off experience players and standards set. Don’t think any of those players would be on the same level if they all started together as 18yo

There's always the David Swallow debate, poor development.
However I think the #1 is always turning out to be a good player - and they go to the wooden spoon club which implies poor standards across the board.

Allegedly...what happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas. Partners back in Australia found out and relationships split up.

So surprising that McSh#it face has a story about a non Vic team just after the drug saga got released and is shure to impact high profile VIC players. What great timing.

So are we still using the way the Crows have rebuilt as our blueprint or is that on pause.

200.gif

So are we still using the way the Crows have rebuilt as our blueprint or is that on pause.

200.gif
I think it’s going fine although the concern I have is that we are entirely relying on FA/trade to draft KPDs. Even if we get the best 2 KPD in the draft this year their development will still be behind when our young mids are peaking given they take a bit longer. Don’t know how confident we are with our trade targets but although DGB has done SFA at Hawthorn I’d look at giving him a chance at low (zero) cost, same with Patton via MSD depending on his SANFL form.

I think it’s going fine although the concern I have is that we are entirely relying on FA/trade to draft KPDs. Even if we get the best 2 KPD in the draft this year their development will still be behind when our young mids are peaking given they take a bit longer. Don’t know how confident we are with our trade targets but although DGB has done SFA at Hawthorn I’d look at giving him a chance at low (zero) cost, same with Patton via MSD depending on his SANFL form.
I say go with the flow organically. This year looks goof for mids- lets take one. If im taking scraps its a Zac Dawson type who is s**t but can viably play a role (shudders). DGB seems to be no good for any role and cant break into a poor team.

As the clued on guys here say, we'll have to rely on turning our failed KPF into KPD. Jameson might be thr first go and we still have guys like J Williams and Maric that could potentially have a crack.

As the clued on guys here say, we'll have to rely on turning our failed KPF into KPD. Jameson might be thr first go and we still have guys like J Williams and Maric that could potentially have a crack.
Still got bazzo coming through..
Is HEdwards ready for the scrap heap yet?
I'd give him another season to come good

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Ried will follow Judd's lead and move back to Vic after 6/7 seasons.

Hopefully winning a flag before he goes.

It would make sense as he looks like a loyal type but when he reaches 25 / 26 the offers coming out of Vic would be insane. And the travel factor does shorten careers and would be in his mind at some stage.

Just thinks it is likely to happen but if we get 6 or 8 years out of Harely thats fine.
Not sure I agree.
He's a country boy and I think Perth as a city will suit him more than Melbourne.

I live in Melb, but despite some bias, it's no longer a good place to live. Traffic, crime, crowding, etc just makes it unpleasant to live here.

Not sure I agree.
He's a country boy and I think Perth as a city will suit him more than Melbourne.

I live in Melb, but despite some bias, it's no longer a good place to live. Traffic, crime, crowding, etc just makes it unpleasant to live here.

I hope you are right.

The local rag the West needs to back off the kid though.

Eagles fans need to stop buying it if Harely is on the back page. Simple.

Age profile is a myth perpetrated by the dumbass football media. 100% you don't want to be forced to play players before they are ready but everything else is open game.

I can put a team on the park with all under 21s (2020 draft and newer) that will compete just fine with any AFL team put out this week. I think they wouldn't even finish bottom 4. Obvious advantages being their peak years will occur simultaneously and this team would win 5 flags in a row.

FB: Wilmot, Van Rooyen, Hough
HBF: Wanganeen-Milera, Darcy, Sheezel
MID: Gulden, JHF, Ashcroft
HFF: Perkins, Ugle Hagan, Rachele
FF: Motlop, McDonald, Reid

FOLL: Thillthorpe, Daicos, Wardlaw
BENCH: Windhager, Phillipou, Ginbey, Owens

The area being a concern is Ruck and a dearth of KPP which is to be expected.
* I probably missed a bunch too

Which player would make way for any UFA on the market?

Breaking news.

A team half full of top 10 draft picks and the remainer being gun 21 and under players would be competitive.

Problem is. It's impossible to draft or trade in a team full of top 10 draft picks and youn guns under 21.

Most dont ask to be traded. And we get one first round pick per year.

So this fantasy team you have listed is just that. A fantasy.

He couldve been handy as a stop gap, a guy at help our young fellas at training but wouldn't have lasted more that 3 years on the list you'd think.
Shame for him. Probably couldve earnt a bit more and gotten a heap more playing time

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dev can be our Hutchings tagger who can also play as a defensive forward on rebounding half backs.

And he wouldn't cost much at all in coin in future years.

Every premiership side needs role players that don't cost much to get or keep.

Breaking news.

A team half full of top 10 draft picks and the remainer being gun 21 and under players would be competitive.

Problem is. It's impossible to draft or trade in a team full of top 10 draft picks and youn guns under 21.

Most dont ask to be traded. And we get one first round pick per year.

So this fantasy team you have listed is just that. A fantasy.
🤣🤣True. However unobtainable - this proves a point that "X" games / "X" age isn't a prerequisite.
Those saying we should bring in players because of that are way off.
I cant help but think of Brisbane 2009: Buchanan, Clarke, Fevola, Raines, Staker, Maguire. 🤮

A better player is a better player and only if they can play in a position of need for the team. I'd even go as far as saying that fresh young teams are hungry and we should get as close to this list model as possible.

On the Brisbane board they are saying that Raynor and Hipwood are now single…..

Cracks appearing all over the Lions 2024 campaign and list.

Two ACL's to important defenders.

Mids a year older.

Fagan losing the confidence of supporters (not hard).

0 - 3.

Now the Brisbane Hangover Las Vegas trip and bad behaviour has caused issues at home for several players.

Sounds like a crap shoot ATM.

The issue with DGB is his kicking and ball drop. Probley bad development as a kid.

Bad Santa Pain GIF by Sky
Talls don't need to kick it though. That's just a nice bonus to have.
I'd settle for someone who can compete one on 1, be good in the air and have just enough skills to dish it to other players without ******* it up.

At least you'll really know what Crossley out for the season with hamstring awareness, means.

Also, his family are a real piece of work.
Look...I can't speak for his family but we all know of his past issues.

I for one did stupid things but you grow and learn. I would hope given another opportunity, he'd do the same.
Being far removed may be the best thing for him.

More positives than negatives for mine and well worth a shot for what I suspect, may not be that much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back