Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The next time someone says our laws are too Draconian, well could be worse

A step too far for mine

There's already been calls for us to follow suit, I'm with you in that I really hope we don't (and don't think we will). But I also didn't think we'd go with such strict mandates so what do I know

A step too far for mine
Agree. Bit of a nightmare when covid is complicated by pre-existing issues or further complications, doesn’t seem a very well thought out policy. Doesn’t set a very good precedent, qualifying peoples health care when their needs and ailments are far from clear cut.

Not a fan of solutions that punch down, ie. Disproportionately affect people lower on the economic scale.

Workplace mandates are comparatively clean cut and probably just the thing for this emergency effort to get us over the line. Choosing to quit your job is not the same as being forced to foot a huge medical bill.

He goes to so much effort but I doubt anyone actually reads it all

This is might be true, but I plan to read it all back one day and thats all that matters. Its actually not that much effort though, I've had a lot of training on 10,000 word days so its just second nature to express myself using more than one snarky sentence at a time. If someone did manage to put dexies in my subway lunch I'm pretty sure big footies servers would melt along with half the internet. No-one try that please.

Okay, so there are a few things you'd need to know for this to mean anything:

1- How many soccer players die of random heart problems in an average year? I had a mate drop dead of an undiagnosed heart problem at the age of 18 (while he was boning his girlfriend at the time fwiw). Sometimes, sh*t happens.

2- How many had been recently vaxxed with Pfizer?

3- How many had Covid over the course of the pandemic? It's still more likely to cause heart problems than the vaccine.

I can't find data that doesn't exist so I'll just say I agree someone should put that data together, and that the TGA does know some of those type of things and if you want a general idea, take a look at the chart I already posted.

Between September 2nd and October 25 Australian adverse effects reporting system logged a 281% increase in pericarditis and 245% increase in myocarditis. Some say it's just the weather some say Dr's and Nurses are in a position to make an educated guess that its a vaccine injury, thats up to you to judge. At the end of the day either an AFL player has a heart attack on field or doesn't. We'll no doubt make every excuse for why that won't happen and if it does, make every excuse as to why its no-ones fault that it did.

Screen Shot .jpg

That table clearly isn’t published by the TGA itself, so you’re relying on the accuracy of whoever put it together. Who I’m sure wouldn’t have had any compulsion to fudge the numbers at all.

And the key number that’s missing is total doses administered in the corresponding periods. 33 per cent more adverse reports over the second period would mean nothing if there were 33 per cent more doses administered over the second period.

I can't find data that doesn't exist so I'll just say I agree someone should put that data together, and that the TGA does know some of those type of things and if you want a general idea, take a look at the chart I already posted.

Between September 2nd and October 25 Australian adverse effects reporting system logged a 281% increase in pericarditis and 245% increase in myocarditis. Some say it's just the weather some say Dr's and Nurses are in a position to make an educated guess that its a vaccine injury, thats up to you to judge. At the end of the day either an AFL player has a heart attack on field or doesn't. We'll no doubt make every excuse for why that won't happen and if it does, make every excuse as to why its no-ones fault that it did.

View attachment 1278580
That would be that investment advisor in Angola I assume. Some pleople ar dumb

A step too far for mine

Definitely a step too far.

I mean, we've been providing free healthcare to smokers. That is a choice they make, knowing that there are significant health issues caused by it in the future.

Oh, but the government can tax tobacco so all good.....

As others have said - free healthcare is one of the great things about this country (free for all citizens and residents). Changing it would change the fabric of the country - and not for the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone can find a story and find "facts" to fit the narrative of the story they want, and make their own judgements e.g. Your article about mysterious heart problems in Germany where the majority of the 24 people listed are young athletes. In articles I have read, Sudden cardiac death is the most common medical cause of death in athletes, with an incidence of around 1 in 40,000 to 1 in 80,000 athletes per year according to the most recent estimates. When you take into account the 24 athletes listed in the article you quoted about mysterious deaths, and population of Germany, the stats of cardiac death in athletes in Germany is positively glowing compared to the average worldwide stats, at 1 in 3.4 Million.

There is a need for people to challenge the status quo, but what frustrates me in this vaccine merry-go-round conversation is the stance of some, to take the word of their own research on the internet as to if they should or should not take the vaccine, rather then their doctors (get a second, third or fourth opinion).

"We'll no doubt make every excuse for why that won't happen and if it does, make every excuse as to why its no-ones fault that it did."
Their will also be those who make every excuse as to why taking the the vaccine is why that player did have a heart attack.

"There are concerns Western Australia will fall short of its 90 per cent double-dose vaccination target with data revealing one in eight people remain hesitant to get the jab and a drop in uptake since sweeping vaccine mandates were announced."

"There are concerns Western Australia will fall short of its 90 per cent double-dose vaccination target with data revealing one in eight people remain hesitant to get the jab and a drop in uptake since sweeping vaccine mandates were announced."

I wish that article had said when we’re projected to hit 80 per cent double vaxxed. That’s the next critical step, because we’ll get a reopening date and possibly some further indication about the restrictions that will be put in place.

It was supposed to be in the first few days of December but if take-up is slowing down then it might not be much before Christmas.

I wish that article had said when we’re projected to hit 80 per cent double vaxxed. That’s the next critical step, because we’ll get a reopening date and possibly some further indication about the restrictions that will be put in place.

It was supposed to be in the first few days of December but if take-up is slowing down then it might not be much before Christmas.

1,112 Coronavirus Cases and 0 Active in WA - COVID Live

That says we are 22 days off from being 80% double vaxed and 55 days till double vaxed.

But that is assumption people are still rolling up in the same numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back