Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 329 55.8%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 261 44.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to compare Cripps to Oliver is a piss take.

Walsh vs Oliver is a much fairer comparison and if Walsh continues to improve I'm not sure Oliver will come out on top.
going by the results of this poll I wouldn't be banking on who comes out on top in a bigfooty poll as validation for much.

Uh, he most certainly was better at the time. He got 20 brownlow votes in a team that won 2 matches. He will also most likely get back to that level when he is once again fit
LOL Brownlow votes, Angus Brayshaw got more than both in 18 so he was better than both? The only season Cripps has been better since this poll started was 2019 when Oliver came off a double shoulder reco in the pre season.

LOL Brownlow votes, Angus Brayshaw got more than both in 18 so he was better than both? The only season Cripps has been better since this poll started was 2019 when Oliver came off a double shoulder reco in the pre season.
Imagine having your team winning the flag and cracking a tanty about people thinking one player isn't better than another (in a thread made 3 years ago).

Just because you didn't get the response you wanted when you originally made the thread hahaha.

******* child.

Ah yes, injuries are only a factor when talking about Oliver. My bad.

Imagine having your team winning the flag and cracking a tanty about people thinking one player isn't better than another (in a thread made 3 years ago).

Just because you didn't get the response you wanted when you originally made the thread hahaha.

******* child.
LOL I got exactly the response I wanted, it showed the intelligence level of the average poster on here perfectly. Never ask a question you don't know the answer to and I'd seen enough in early 2018 to identify who was and will end up the better of the 2.

******* child.

That wasn't a tantrum, however nice melt

LOL I got exactly the response I wanted, it showed the intelligence level of the average poster on here perfectly. Never ask a question you don't know the answer to and I'd seen enough in early 2018 to identify who was and will end up the better of the 2.
Okay, well I'm glad 25% of people agree with you bro. You'll win lots of debates with that sort of support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To put it into perspective back when Cripps wasnt a plodder Oliver used to tag him in games when we vsed Melbourne. I think that says just about everything about who was the better player. That being said Clarry is miles past him these days. Maybe he'll bounce back, maybe he wont... Don't think it really matters either way because Petracca is better than both in my opinion. Love Trac and Clarry though

Oliver was 20 years old in 2018 when this thread started, so of course a prime Cripps was better, which made it a weird comparison at the time.

Those paying attention could see Oliver was always projecting to be a crazy good player. Similar with Walsh atm.

Oliver was 20 years old in 2018 when this thread started, so of course a prime Cripps was better, which made it a weird comparison at the time.

Those paying attention could see Oliver was always projecting to be a crazy good player. Similar with Walsh atm.
Correct, I'm just struggling to figure out which is more absurd. Putting this poll up in 2018 in the first place or bumping it 3 years later based on votes in 2018.

To put it into perspective back when Cripps wasnt a plodder Oliver used to tag him in games when we vsed Melbourne. I think that says just about everything about who was the better player.
Cool story, however Oliver has never tagged anybody. They may have gone head to head at best. Not sure where you've gotten this one from.

******* child.
It's embarrassing.

cripps was far better in 18-19, obviously right now oliver is better by 4 laps of the earth, still hold hope under a new coach cripps can regain his 18-19 form.

yeah nah

Oliver was arguably better in 2019 and in 2018 it was close but to suggest that Cripps was far better in both those years is just plain incorrect

i think there's a bit of wishful thinking and rewriting history going on by blue fans

Cool story, however Oliver has never tagged anybody. They may have gone head to head at best. Not sure where you've gotten this one from.
Reckon him standing next to Bont at stoppages in the second half of the granny was about the first and closest time.

Reckon him standing next to Bont at stoppages in the second half of the granny was about the first and closest time.
Used to do the same to Cripps in 2020 and 2018, probably misworded it saying a 'tag'... more of a defensive run with role but not a Deboer style tag. Either way Oliver has rocketed past him now so it doesnt matter if Cripps was or wasnt better than him 3 years back when Oliver was 21

Used to do the same to Cripps in 2020 and 2018, probably misworded it saying a 'tag'... more of a defensive run with role but not a Deboer style tag. Either way Oliver has rocketed past him now so it doesnt matter if Cripps was or wasnt better than him 3 years back when Oliver was 21
nah Oliver didn't have a defensive bone in his body at that point of his career, I mean good tackler if near him and all but he never went to anyone. Harmes and Viney are the only guys we've had running with anyone since Bernie Vince retired.

Back