Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS/PROPOSALS - ALL trade rumours & proposals go here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, after securing Tippett last year for a hefty price, this trade is nearly as dumb as the suggestion in my signature by a Carlton supporter. Trade Tippett? Massive massive lulz.

If hes being paid a hefty price its more of a reason to get rid of him if walker can replace him. With matt rendell being such a big wrap for sam day and the gold coast in a unique opportunity to give away high pics, it makes sense!

Tippett is played close to goal because he causes shitload of havoc for the opposition. He is INFINITELY better contested mark than Walker and INFINITELY better at creating a contest close to goal.

Taking him away from deep foward line would just be ridicilous!

I think if they could play him at CHF they would as Danoz said on he cant kick very long or accurately and doesnt have the smarts to play further up the ground. He plays deep because its the only forward position hes good at!

If hes being paid a hefty price its more of a reason to get rid of him if walker can replace him. With matt rendell being such a big wrap for sam day and the gold coast in a unique opportunity to give away high pics, it makes sense!
Here is the fact, Walker CANNOT replace what Tippett brings and won't be able to replace it in a MILLION years!

Sam Day is an unknown, even Rendell said he doesn't get it yet. If he eventually gets it he would be a superstar. I would love to have a $1 for every player who could have been a superstar if he puts it all together.

Tippett is a proven player and one of the best key forwards in the game with enormous upside to get better. You don't piss that away for a punt in something that could be better!

And no, please don't compare Walker and Tippett. While they are both key forwards they are completely different. Take Tippett out of our team and we won't kick 10 goals a game.

He is THE most important player to our team. I have said it before and will continue to say it until the cows come home. Take any one else out of the forward line and we can pluck in someone who can replace that style of play except for Tippett. There is no one on our list that comes close to bringing what he does. No one!

I think if they could play him at CHF they would as Danoz said on he cant kick very long or accurately and doesnt have the smarts to play further up the ground. He plays deep because its the only forward position hes good at!
No! He plays deep because that where we need him to play for us to make us more dangerous. Take him out of the inside 50 and the opposition has a field day! The opposition defence's #1 priority is to stop Tippett. Have you now actually seen how just his presence "bends" the opposition's defence?! Do you not see the double and triple teams of player/s dropping in the hole to minimize Tippett's chance of getting to a contest?!

Watch the game a bit closely next time and you will realise what Tippett inside 50 means to the team.

No! He plays deep because that where we need him to play for us to make us more dangerous. Take him out of the inside 50 and the opposition has a field day! The opposition defence's #1 priority is to stop Tippett. Have you now actually seen how just his presence "bends" the opposition's defence?! Do you not see the double and triple teams of player/s dropping in the hole to minimize Tippett's chance of getting to a contest?!

Watch the game a bit closely next time and you will realise what Tippett inside 50 means to the team.

And further to the point, Tippett playing deep tears the arse end out of the opposition's zone, as they have to drop 3 players back making it much easier for our mids & HFs to break through their zone.

He plays deep because he cant play further up the ground i cant believe you're trying to argue that, if he was capable we would of tried it with walker in behind him.

He 'bends' defensives because they zone back onto him because we are so predictable going forward and lump it on top of his head every single time.

And further to the point, Tippett playing deep tears the arse end out of the opposition's zone, as they have to drop 3 players back making it much easier for our mids & HFs to break through their zone.

I think his impact will be even more pronounced with a fit Knights running into the 50. We know what a wonderful long kick he is. It can only cause futher consternation among opposition's defences as to double/triple team Tippett or close down the space that Knights will run into.

Tippett adds so much more to our team than simply a great contested mark!

Here is the fact, Walker CANNOT replace what Tippett brings and won't be able to replace it in a MILLION years!

Sam Day is an unknown, even Rendell said he doesn't get it yet. If he eventually gets it he would be a superstar. I would love to have a $1 for every player who could have been a superstar if he puts it all together.

Tippett is a proven player and one of the best key forwards in the game with enormous upside to get better. You don't piss that away for a punt in something that could be better!

And no, please don't compare Walker and Tippett. While they are both key forwards they are completely different. Take Tippett out of our team and we won't kick 10 goals a game.

He is THE most important player to our team. I have said it before and will continue to say it until the cows come home. Take any one else out of the forward line and we can pluck in someone who can replace that style of play except for Tippett. There is no one on our list that comes close to bringing what he does. No one!

Walker plays FF in a different way, it will just mean that we have to kick to a target rather than bombing it in to tippett, which might not be a bad thing for our midfield to learn to do..... and of course Day is just a talent but if we are keen on him we have to take a chance (i know we wont just saying matty seemed pretty keen).

The only reason i could see why we would keep him is if we think we are a shot at a premiership in the next couple of years and we dont have confidence in walker to step up, given the way craigy has treated him thats a high possibility. Everything else says this is a great opportunity to take advantage of the gold coasts picks.

This is precisely why quick ball movement is so important to us.

When Walker has space to lead in, his man has to stick him hard (usually won't matter if he has room), this gives Tippett a 1on1 marking opportunity. You can only hope the umpire doesn't see your infringement.

When we're slow, teams drop one infornt of Tippett, and have a flater who comes over the top.

Tex struggles at the moment when there's congestion. He doesn't have room to create off the deck, you struggle to find space on the lead and his contested marking is a work in progress.

If the ball moves quickly, it's a horrid match-up for oppositions.

Next step is the hit up forward, whether Knights plays that role, or if we develop that Riewoldt style CHF (please God)

If sam day is a CHF we may as well get him instead of trying to have someone like knights fill that role across the half forward line as a smaller player.

Say Day did drop to our pick (99% sure this won't happen) but do we think we would pick him up or stick to picking up a midfielder with our first pick?

If Sam Day drops to our pick we all get in line to 'Angry Pirate' CroCrop's sister.

GC have already committed. Top three is set. Swallow, Bennell and Day in any order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK OK I know I mentioned about McLean stating Jacobs is going ... but I can top that now with Andrew Walkers dad (DOA) stating the following on CSC:

http://www.carltonsc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=452912#452912

Seems like Walker is a good chance to stay.

IMO (DOA) is not saying that Wwalker is staying

he said that he is fine at ease after his meeting with Carlton, being at ease may be a result if knowing a trade to Adelaide will not be blocked

DOA said that he will only post outcomes, yes DOA did say Walker is fine however even after Tuesday's meeting he has stopped short in saying that Walker is staying Carlton

I think his impact will be even more pronounced with a fit Knights running into the 50. We know what a wonderful long kick he is. It can only cause futher consternation among opposition's defences as to double/triple team Tippett or close down the space that Knights will run into.

Tippett adds so much more to our team than simply a great contested mark!

Knights and Hendo playing that role will make a massive, massive difference.

At the moment, Kurt/Taylor are our only two real threats up forward (with Porps down this year); and they both generally operation within 20-40 metres of goal.

Get Knights/Hendo up and firing, and all of a sudden, we're lethal from 50-60 out as well, and flooding back to blanket Kurt/Tex isn't such a great idea anymore.

Walker plays FF in a different way,

Which precisely why he can work in tandem with Tippett, and how this conversation sparked.

it will just mean that we have to kick to a target rather than bombing it in to tippett, which might not be a bad thing for our midfield to learn to do.....

So, we should make things harder for our midfielders, cos that'll teach em a lesson? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

and of course Day is just a talent but if we are keen on him we have to take a chance (i know we wont just saying matty seemed pretty keen).

Well derr, he's a freak talent, everyone is keen on him. But we already have plenty of freakish talents, so why would we trade for a speculative youngster who would take 4 years to make the kind of impact Tippett is making now? Add to that we have plenty of good young KPP stocks to develop in the very near future. I don't know what your obsession with Day is. We have Davis, McKernan, Talia, Young & Sellar all potentially lined up to play CHF. Hardly our highest priority, even if we were foolish enough to trade Tippett

The only reason i could see why we would keep him is if we think we are a shot at a premiership in the next couple of years and we dont have confidence in walker to step up, given the way craigy has treated him thats a high possibility. Everything else says this is a great opportunity to take advantage of the gold coasts picks.

Because the Tippett/Walker combo is deadly, they perfectly complement one another as I illustrated before and its very rare that a club can line up 2 freakish KPFs. We should be in the frame for a premiership for the next 8 years with these two at the helm.

Lord Walker and Sir Tippitytip will have us in the race next year, along with the greatest of them all - C.T. Knights.

Do we want tambling? Sellar and Armstrong? Richmond board seem to think a first round pick is still in order... I disagree. One failed first rounder for another plus Armstrong who gets to benefit from punt roads tac sponsorship?

Dude,

that party was last week, didn't you get the invite? :p

Again, apologies for missing the main bullet points of the invite. Both captain feathersword and I were quite embarrassed p

Do we want tambling? Sellar and Armstrong? Richmond board seem to think a first round pick is still in order... I disagree. One failed first rounder for another plus Armstrong who gets to benefit from punt roads tac sponsorship?

Please deliver this message for me. AAAAAAAAHHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA

Rather have Shane Edwards, Ben Nason Robin Nahas instead.

Please deliver this message for me. AAAAAAAAHHAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAA

Will do... I might be entering yellow card territory over there when I do.

Rather have Shane Edwards, Ben Nason Robin Nahas instead.

Edwards absolutely. Nason quite possibly. Nahas no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back