Rumour CROWS-RELATED TRADE RUMOURS/PROPOSALS - ALL trade rumours & proposals go here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disagree.

Tambling wouldn't have half the critics if he was a late(r) pick its just RIchmond f'd up and took him so high.

I reckon he would be a alright fit in our team with the right directions.

Agree with this. He's a good player, just not a superstar. If we gave up a good pick or player rather than a top pick, it would be a fair trade.

Sellar for Tambling would be an advantageous trade on our behalf in my opinion.

For those who think we'll get Day, even if he fell into our lap he is leaving as soon as the contract runs out. He is desperate to go to Victoria or Gold Coast if the Vics don't want him. This is coming from his mouth by the way, I know him a little.

For those who think we'll get Day, even if he fell into our lap he is leaving as soon as the contract runs out. He is desperate to go to Victoria or Gold Coast if the Vics don't want him. This is coming from his mouth by the way, I know him a little.
im not sure anyone here is foolish enough to think that we are a snowflakes chance to get day

Except for twentydollarnote who is willing to burn Tippett to get Day :rolleyes:

oh, that was serious??? that in itself is fairly humourous

I think a few of you are reading too much into the aggresive nature of our trade week plans.

It is almost a deadset certainty we will not trade a player except for Griffin who wants to head home and any deal we get for him is most likely going to be on traded to obtain Walker. Other than that it will be draft picks to clubs with late picks to obtain players.

Why their is a call to trade sellar is amazing. We have little depth in our rucking department as it is and we are losing a ruckmen already why would we trade a ruckmen to obtain another ruckmen or a midfielder. it is a insane suggestion.

We wont get close to sam day unless the gold coast choose to trade him and then we would almost certainly have to give up a decent player for him. plus by the sounds of it he knows he has massive earnings potential in multiple sports so he will almost certainly go where the money is in his chosen sport and that is not Adelaide.

Agree with this. He's a good player, just not a superstar. If we gave up a good pick or player rather than a top pick, it would be a fair trade.

Sellar for Tambling would be an advantageous trade on our behalf in my opinion.

IMO Tambling is a bit of a front runner meaning he is exposed in a poor team, however this also means that he could be very useful and damaging in a good side

Why their is a call to trade sellar is amazing. We have little depth in our rucking department as it is and we are losing a ruckmen already why would we trade a ruckmen to obtain another ruckmen or a midfielder. it is a insane suggestion.

It's quite amazing isn't it?

I am certain the majority people who are crying "Trade Sellar" watch their football via the television and don't regularly attend SANFL games.

Do people honestly think the Adelaide Crows will trade James Sellar? This is the same James Sellar who re-committed himself to football, his training practices and work ethic. Despite suffering several niggling injuries throughout the year, consistently put his hand up for selection (evidence of this is the week in week out selection to the emergencies - when we were riding a winning streak and Griffin/Maric combo was working well).

Not to mention the refinement of his kicking for goal which has gone from a bent-legged hop to a fluent and quite accurate kick (for the TV watchers - check last week's final or...if you only watch AFL :rolleyes:...grab some vision of the R20 Brisbane game). Add to that his improved intensity at a rucking/marking contest and rapidly improving workrate.

Oh but you say "He was crap on Sunday, I watched the game on ABC and he kicked only two goals and was hardly sighted!!!"

A football fan watches the ball, a true football follower will often watch what goes on off the football. Try going to a game and watching just one player? Yes, Sellar only kicked two goals last week and didn't have a great body of disposals but did anyone take into account his time on ground or role within a forward line.

Even in the AFL games he played, I took a keen interest in how he was prepared to work off the ball. Quite often during general play he would work considerably hard to get on the end of a chain of possession but wasn't rewarded. This goes unseen from the TV viewers.

People expect far too much from ruckman at a young age. Remember people they have an extra skillset they must enhance compared to other players in the squad. Key position you say, he could play any role back or forward but our stocks are quite rich in this area. His versatility will be his biggest asset going forward.

Typical BigFooty trade speculation crap......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a few of you are reading too much into the aggresive nature of our trade week plans.

It is almost a deadset certainty we will not trade a player except for Griffin who wants to head home and any deal we get for him is most likely going to be on traded to obtain Walker. Other than that it will be draft picks to clubs with late picks to obtain players.

We wont get close to sam day unless the gold coast choose to trade him and then we would almost certainly have to give up a decent player for him. plus by the sounds of it he knows he has massive earnings potential in multiple sports so he will almost certainly go where the money is in his chosen sport and that is not Adelaide.

The club don't really see Sellar as a ruckman though, but rather a KP who can pinch-hit in the ruck.

The club don't really see Sellar as a ruckman though, but rather a KP who can pinch-hit in the ruck.

The club has said this repeatedly .......however he continues to be played as a ruckmen at both SANFL and AFL level.

Hardly teaching him to be a KPP:rolleyes:

I don't think he's a smart enough footballer for a forward roll ......but let him run straight at it and I still think he's a good alternative to the Rutten roll and he's taller and more mobile than Rutten.

It's been stated that we'll see more long kicks to the goal square in order to beat defensive strategies ......that said we'll see more Tippett types stationed at FF .....Sellar if he can improve his marking may yet find a role

It's been stated that we'll see more long kicks to the goal square in order to beat defensive strategies ......that said we'll see more Tippett types stationed at FF .....Sellar if he can improve his marking may yet find a role

well atleast that is something the crows have been fantastic at over the last 10 years

bombing high and long..with no crumbers within 50 metres.

Except for twentydollarnote who is willing to burn Tippett to get Day :rolleyes:

The whole discussion on Day is an exercise in futility .....he's already gone

If you believe Rendell and there are a good crop of talls we will see a good midfielder at our pick 14.

Really like the look of Guthrie the VM player ......he won't go first round but he'll be the type that could develop into a very good player .....tall, fast, good on the ground with some genuine tricks .....look out for him.

In order:
1. Polec .....no guarantees he'll be gone b4 us
2. Smith .....as above as there are always sliders
3. Caddy ....not sure how much upside but tough and just keeps getting the ball
4. Smedts .....current backline player who started in similar role to Dangerfield at U18

well atleast that is something the crows have been fantastic at over the last 10 years

bombing high and long..with no crumbers within 50 metres.

I think everyone, club and commentators are admitting that now

The type of player required is not necessarily super quick, but they must have super agility in tight spaces ....a great side step

The Rioli type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back