Preview Grand Final 2017: Crows v Tiggers, it's come to this. Your pick and why.

Who wins?

• Adelaide

Votes: 86 86.0%
  • Richmond

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide play this no nonsense brand of footy. They pulverised us in the 2nd half. Too many options up front.

Seems as though Richmond is reliant on Martin and Rioli up front. Riewoldt was totally s**t today. Don't allow Martin to score and I reckon the Crows will get this.

Here's hoping!

And I think without Cotchin protected species no chance. But he'll play.

Adelaide because I can't find a player to hate.
Love Eddie for the sheer joy he gives me with the impossible skills.
Like Tex because of the mullet.
Seeeds an ex Pie so I'm hoping he has a big one.
So many Tigers to hate, least of all the supporter base.

Go Crows!

Thank you. :D

I am going for Ned's kid.

Go the Crows.

It's an improvement though as there are 48 teams in the league.

Unfortunately Britannia won the flag with Bucks great great....grandson as coach.

Unfortunate, yes, but it was great to see Bucks, thanks to the incredible new medical technology, get drafted for the finals by Britannia and dominate Voss and Hird, win the Norm Smith Medal, thus once and for all ending the Buckley, Hird, Voss debate.

Last edited:
It's amazing to me that it hasn't been pointed out that Richmond have had the easiest draw, next to no injuries, and lucked into a GF after hosting Geelong who were ripe for the picking and then hosting the Giants which was always going to be a bridge too far for them. I have never seen a side "fall in" like Richmond. I hate them, however I wouldn't mind if they had genuinely earned the right which in my opinion they have not. Now they get home ground advantage against a side that finished on top. So I hope for my sanity and footy sake that the Crows are 10 goals up half way through the 3rd so I can enjoy the Tigers pain !

Both have played two dominant Finals games. I thought the Giants gave a better showing against Richmond than they did the Crows. Credit to the Tigers to get where they are with guys like Broad, Castagna, Butler, Graham etc in their side. I don't see the same number of limited players in the Crows team. I think they are overall a better unit and should win.

You've summed it up beautifully, and I'd add the Crows forward line. Its very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood connections

Adelaide
Players -
Jake Kelly (son of Craig)
Paul Seedsman (former CFC player, great-grandson of Jim Sharp (18 games 1911-12,17; president 1913-24)​
Coaches -
Assistant coach - James Podsiadly (CFC rookie list)​
Staff -
National recruiting manager - Hamish Ogilvie (CFC U19s, emergency for 1986 U19 premiership)​

Richmond
Coaches -
Assistant Coach, midfield spread and ball movement - Blake Caracella (former CFC player)​
Staff -
General manager football - Neil Balme (twice held same position at CFC)

I'm on the Crows train , hate Richmond. Having said that if Martin turns it on again it'd be a great spectacle.

Crows by plenty.

Too even across the ground. Their ball use is sublime.

I honestly haven't seen a more connected team.

Richmond need Dusty to play a blinderto jiust get close. Fair dinkum he's good to watch. Best player in the competition by the length of Flemington straight but the Crows just have too many good team players and then, there's Eddie Betts to feast on all that supply

I like both sides. I really like Adelaides forward line and reckon it'll be hard to hold. They have so many goal kickers, Walker, Jenkins, Lynch, McGovern (if he plays) Betts, Cameron. They're exciting to watch.

I have a big soft spot for Richmond because my late Nanna was a massive supporter. I'd love to see em' get up just for her. She'd have been loving this. Plus all my local clubs wherever I lived and played were the Tigers.

But I reckon Adelaide will win. They have the small defender group to shut Richmond out. Hartigan to sit on Dusty. Then they have Laird, Brown, Kelly. I reckon Richmonds strength will get nuetralised.

Either way it's shaping up as a cracking grand final. Let's just hope it's close.

Thanks to cryogenics bucks is still coaching us, we finished 12.
And there are only 8 teams playing.
That's so everybody plays finals all the time.

We still finish 12th

Adelaide.

Richmond would never ever cheer for us, so stuff them too.

And Adelaide are harmless enough and far enough away.

Good luck to the seed if he gets to play too

Back