Free Agency Daniel Wells [signed with Collingwood as UFA]

It's being reported as 600k a year for 3 years.

Dual b&f winner, AA, IRS captain. For the system to determine that he's worth a similar pick to Vickery is laughable.

Compo should comsider the player ranking within the club losing him. If the objective is to provide players more freedom while maintaining some form of 'equalisation' this needs to be an important factor.

My only flaw with Wells this year is his goal kicking has dried up. Have to remember he didn't really play for nearly two years prior though. He's still fast, has elite decision making, has above average disposal and is very rarely caught holding the ball. If he can stay on the park he'll still be a real weapon for Collingwood, I know I'll be watching more Collingwood games next year lol.

Was brilliant in 2016, and as I said he's always been a gun player. I suppose the perception arises because he did get injured this year and right when they needed him to not not be injured. But anyway, it's a really good signing for the Pies and will really strengthen what is a weak area - run and carry with foot skills.
There's no guessing what will happen with his body and it's unfair to judge it based on age. At the end of the day, Collingwood wouldn't sign him as a FA on a one year deal, It had to be 2 with a trigger for a 3rd. As you said, he addresses a need for us. Regarding the cost, absolutely nothing, and we've got cap space to fill. Would rather it be on him than any other FA.

Last edited:
Back