Recommitted Darcy Moore [signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are Darcy Moore, why wouldn’t you consider Richmond? More money, better injury management and a stronger club on field.

If he turns us down you have a very loyal player.

Well he Grew Up a Collingwood Supporter and Seems to be Very Happy at Collingwood

I assume when he met with them that was before Pendles took a paycut. I imagine their next meeting, more progress will be made, now more money has opened up.
Did you think they met before or after Grundy penned a million dollar a year deal? You can free up money for Moore but then you’ll have to do the same for JDG.

Quite the conundrum Magpies find themselves in. Maybe they shed a couple of Aish types and hope some of their kids fill the void, similar to what Richmond did when they pushed out C. Ellis, Miles, Lloyd, etc.

Did you think they met before or after Grundy penned a million dollar a year deal? You can free up money for Moore but then you’ll have to do the same for JDG.

Quite the conundrum Magpies find themselves in. Maybe they shed a couple of Aish types and hope some of their kids fill the void, similar to what Richmond did when they pushed out C. Ellis, Miles, Lloyd, etc.
I'm not sure.
But at the end of 2020, we'd be shedding players like that. Whether its players that'll retire (Varcoe, Greenwood, Reid in that bracket) and then we'll have players like Broomhead, Wills. Ned Guy is pretty smart in working around financial stuff. Just have to wait and see. This is also the last year of big contracts from Mayne and Cox.

I don’t disagree with you. However have picked up some aggressive moves at the trade table from Richmond toward other clubs.

Eg: pillaging Gold Coast. Raiding lions academy last draft and now makin a serious play for Moore, which includes Hardwick using his position as Vox coach for bush fire relief game to advance the interest of his clubs.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but tiges certainly throwing their weight around with their new found success. It does sound reminiscent of the old days in the 70 and 80’s, no?

Not my usual go to for quotes, but I did like that one from old Eddie.

Had a bit of zing in it.

Also, I just finished watching Richmond:the lost years. I didn’t realise that Richmond’s 37 years of misery was the consequence of a ill advised trade war with the pies.

They really did a number on the tiges back in the mid 80’s.

For what it’s worth, as a neutral, I say bring it on. Pies and tiges in a trade war would be fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We were never going to draft either player in the National Draft, we simply didn’t have the list spots for them.

And we committed to re-signing 3 delisted players in the rookie draft, so didn’t have the list spots there either.

So being drafted to another team was their best chance.

I’m not saying that you shouldn’t. It’s just a series of quite aggressive moves, that has made me turn my head a couple of times.

I think you are referring to Harris Andrews. Would be interesting to see how successful Richmond is with that move, Brisbane have had a lot of recent success with keeping their playing list together in recent years.

lol, Harris is the next captain of our club. Everyone up here has known that for the past two years.

Not going anywhere.

If you are Darcy Moore, why wouldn’t you consider Richmond? More money, better injury management and a stronger club on field.

If he turns us down you have a very loyal player.
Arrogance, we are right in your rear vision mirror & ready to overtake you this year! Moore going knowhere so keep dreaming. Go Pies!!!

Where’s knowhere?

Collingwood more likely to slide than climb.

Could say that same about the Lions and how last year went was bit of a Fluke and had a Dream Run with Injuries

It has been a hot topic on two of Melbourne’s most prominent sports stations today. If you don’t want to discuss the possibility of Moore going to Richmond, then I suggest you tune out.
He’s right though. 2 years ago Browne had Moore to Sydney as a done deal. His mail on trades isn’t particularly great.

He’s right though. 2 years ago Browne had Moore to Sydney as a done deal. His mail on trades isn’t particularly great.

and Last Year he said he was a Very Good Chance of going to the Dogs after Boyd Retire?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except there aren’t Lions fans here claiming anything about where we’re headed.

That because there been no talk about Brisbane so no point of Brisbane being on the Draft and Trade Board

I am 99% Sure Moore is going no where and is not too far away from Re-Signing and might even happen before the Season Starts
Likely, but clubs pay people a lot of money to enquire, so you'd be stupid not to explore the Moore possibility, among other good KPDs. At worst you bump up his cost for Collingwood to keep and maybe cause a bit of external distracting noise during the year.

I don’t disagree with you. However have picked up some aggressive moves at the trade table from Richmond toward other clubs.

Eg: pillaging Gold Coast. Raiding lions academy last draft and now makin a serious play for Moore, which includes Hardwick using his position as Vox coach for bush fire relief game to advance the interest of his clubs.

Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but tiges certainly throwing their weight around with their new found success. It does sound reminiscent of the old days in the 70 and 80’s, no?

Not my usual go to for quotes, but I did like that one from old Eddie.

Had a bit of zing in it.

Also, I just finished watching Richmond:the lost years. I didn’t realise that Richmond’s 37 years of misery was the consequence of a ill advised trade war with the pies.

They really did a number on the tiges back in the mid 80’s.

For what it’s worth, as a neutral, I say bring it on. Pies and tiges in a trade war would be fun to watch.

Raiding Lions academy? Do you mean bidding on players that the Lions had the right to match and acquire for cheaper than we got them? We didn't raid anything, we had a draft order and board and picked accordingly. Its arguably less advantageous for us to do it because we risk the Lions just matching us and taking the players we want and then we are left with our next best option.

Likely, but clubs pay people a lot of money to enquire, so you'd be stupid not to explore the Moore possibility, among other good KPDs. At worst you bump up his cost for Collingwood to keep and maybe cause a bit of external distracting noise during the year.

and Also the Complete Opposite might Happen

and Also the Complete Opposite might Happen
Yes maybe, regardless the list management teams have a job to do and prying into these types of players is it. Until he signs, both he and his management and the club and supporters will just have to deal with the speculation and noise. Every big name OoC goes through the same on a yearly basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back