43. Carter Michael - Brisbane A - 188cm 74kg
44. Zavier Maher - Murray - 185cm 82kg
45. Lachlan Carrigan - Sandringham - 191cm 78kg
46. Max Heath - Sandringham - 203cm 94kg
47. Maurice Rioli Jnr - NT - 173cm 73kg
48. Harry Sharp - GWV - 183cm 69kg
49. Jake Bowey - Sandringham - 175cm 67kg
50. Clayton Gay - Dandenong - 184cm 78kg

a couple of state league players i think might get drafted, Tom Highmore and Jackson Ramsay(not going to speculate where they might go).

others outside of the top 50 include, Seamus Mitchell, Luke Pedlar, Henry Walsh, Kalin Lane, Liam McMahon, Sam Collins, Josh Green, Campbell Edwardes, Jackson Cardillo, Jack Avery, James Borlase, Lochlan Jenkins, Max Holmes, Connor Stone.

Last edited:
with the NAB league coming up in the next month or 2 the players to look out for imo are, im sure a few more names will pop up as players to consider also some will drop off ect.

Oakleigh 10 - Phillips, Ugle-Hagan, McInnes, Laurie, Macrae, Jenkins, Elliot, Stone, Varagiannis, Tucker
Sandringham 6 - Perkins, Bowey, Hipwell, Lord, Riley, Rosman
Murray 6 - Hollands, Byrne, Panuccio, Maher, Bendendo, Baxter
Geelong 9 - Bruhn, Henry, Lazzaro, Gadsby, Gribble*(inj), Walsh, Bove, Fleeton, Brauer
Tasmania 5 - Davis, Collins, Callow, Chugg, Walker
Western 3 - Ford, Cousins, Cootee
Bendigo 6 - Ginnivan, Evans, Smith, Treacy, Conforti, Mitchell
Eastern 4 - Downie, Clarke, Parker, Keeling
North 8 - Cox, L.McMahon, Barbera, MacPherson, T.McMahon, Ramshaw, Watson, Major
Gipps 4 - Berry, Bourke, Angwin, Reid
Dand 5 - Gay, Bravo, Howe, Smith, Neal
GWV 3 - Stevens, Sharp, Tillig
Calder 5 - Edwardes, Cardillo, Brand, Lakey, Eyre

ok so from this list i would predict that Oakleigh will win the u18 GF, with Geelong, Northern and Sandringham (which are most likely to have private school players pop up to help them finish top 4), i think earlier i had Tasmania, but im unsure if their top 4-5 are good enough to carry their depth problems they usually have as a squad?.

Last edited:
with the NAB league coming up in the next month or 2 the players to look out for imo are, im sure a few more names will pop up as players to consider also some will drop off ect.

Oakleigh 10 - Phillips, Ugle-Hagan, McInnes, Laurie, Macrae, Jenkins, Elliot, Stone, Varagiannis, Tucker
Sandringham 6 - Perkins, Bowey, Hipwell, Lord, Riley, Rosman
Murray 6 - Hollands, Byrne, Panuccio, Maher, Bendendo, Baxter
Geelong 9 - Bruhn, Henry, Lazzaro, Gadsby, Gribble*(inj), Walsh, Bove, Fleeton, Brauer
Tasmania 5 - Davis, Collins, Callow, Chugg, Walker
Western 3 - Ford, Cousins, Cootee
Bendigo 6 - Ginnivan, Evans, Smith, Treacy, Conforti, Mitchell
Eastern 4 - Downie, Clarke, Parker, Keeling
North 8 - Cox, L.McMahon, Barbera, MacPherson, T.McMahon, Ramshaw, Watson, Major
Gipps 4 - Berry, Bourke, Angwin, Reid
Dand 5 - Gay, Bravo, Howe, Smith, Neal
GWV 3 - Stevens, Sharp, Tillig
Calder 5 - Edwardes, Cardillo, Brand, Lakey, Eyre

ok so from this list i would predict that Oakleigh will win the u18 GF, with Geelong, Northern and Sandringham (which are most likely to have private school players pop up to help them finish top 4), i think earlier i had Tasmania, but im unsure if their top 4-5 are good enough to carry their depth problems they usually have as a squad?.

Great insight Davo-27
Wondering what you see in Panuccio from Murray ?
I see he only played 5 games last year

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great insight Davo-27
Wondering what you see in Panuccio from Murray ?
I see he only played 5 games last year

most of these guys i have only seen a few games of, my opinion isnt dictated by u16 form ect, its based on what i see, he seems to be a smooth, clean outside player with tidy disposal, he also performed well in nearly every game i saw him in, he was constantly in the top 5 or so players for his team in the games i saw as an underager, players dont need high disposal for me to have high impact (although in their draft year they need to prove they can average high disposal), if he plays a role he is natural in this year and being in his draft year where players tend to play at their best and get more game time, he could be a talent to look out for (which this list is for), but obviously this is my read and not a consensus, i usually change opinion the more i see of the youngsters and my opinion solidifies.

i feel i have to remind people this is an early read and things will drastically change as the season plays out.

an example of why i say this was last year i had rated Potter, Mott, Gardner and Chandler in the pre-season and as the season went on, i realised Potter started being selfish with his runs and i compared him to billy hartung, Mott i felt was getting too many easy poss out the back, Gardner and Chandler didnt have the desire to compete and so i said this or took them out of my top 40/50's, so situations change the more i get a clear understanding of each player, positive and negative.

Last edited:

most of these guys i have only seen a few games of, my opinion isnt dictated by u16 form ect, its based on what i see, he seems to be a smooth, clean outside player with tidy disposal, he also performed well in nearly every game i saw him in, he was constantly in the top 5 or so players for his team in the games i saw as an underager, players dont need high disposal for me to have high impact (although in their draft year they need to prove they can average high disposal), if he plays a role he is natural in this year and being in his draft year where players tend to play at their best and get more game time, he could be a talent to look out for (which this list is for), but obviously this is my read and not a consensus, i usually change opinion the more i see of the youngsters and my opinion solidifies.

i feel i have to remind people this is an early read and things will drastically change as the season plays out.

an example of why i say this was last year i had rated Potter, Mott, Gardner and Chandler in the pre-season and as the season went on, i realised Potter started being selfish with his runs and i compared him to billy hartung, Mott i felt was getting too many easy poss out the back, Gardner and Chandler didnt have the desire to compete and so i said this or took them out of my top 40/50's, so situations change the more i get a clear understanding of each player, positive and negative.

Thanks
I watched most Murray games last year and l thought the same, good user just needs to get more of it, would have been hard for him as he was in and out of the team so getting a clean consecutive run at it will help this year.

Chandler was disappointing last year, makes me wonder why they keep him as a overage this year when some that busted there bum don’t get another year, there is a few rules allowing for over age players so lm sure that helped him

In your early predictions where do you see Henry Walsh going?

in the OP i have my early pre-season rankings, its an early call, but i put some work into it, i have him 3rd round at this stage based on some good games i saw from him and his slight improvement from the beginning of 2019, the more i see of his games the more my read will change for the good or bad, so we'll see.

sad news about Hollands doing his ACL, will probably drop back in the draft a bit, but should be picked up around the late first round based on his 2019 season, did very well for Murray, Vic Country and in the Futures game against some top opposition last season and as long as his knee heals decently he should be right, but injuries lessen your value a little, if he had a good 2020 he was on track to be top 5, but this is a setback and a risk for clubs with a premium top 10 pick now.

sad news about Hollands doing his ACL, will probably drop back in the draft a bit, but should be picked up around the late first round based on his 2019 season, did very well for Murray, Vic Country and in the Futures game against some top opposition last season and as long as his knee heals decently he should be right, but injuries lessen your value a little, if he had a good 2020 he was on track to be top 5, but this is a setback and a risk for clubs with a premium top 10 pick now.
I can’t see him dropped outside the top 10, he was my number 1 heading into the season and he had massive advantage of already finishing year 12 so he had the advantage of just concentrating on footy. A club inside the top 10 will snap him up, if his rehab/ mindset etc is first class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western are playing northern knights at Rams on Sunday...
Yeah, I think it is round 1 of the girls NAB league this weekend. All that's advertised is Bendigo Pioneers vs Western Jets.

Watching the game on the weekend, Nick Cox from the Knights has elevated his game imo. He had a really strong showing and his kicking has gone up a notch as well. Early days I know but where do most see him at this stage?

Watching the game on the weekend, Nick Cox from the Knights has elevated his game imo. He had a really strong showing and his kicking has gone up a notch as well. Early days I know but where do most see him at this stage?

i like what i have seen from Nik Cox in bursts, he did well for Vic Metro last year in a team that was pretty ordinary, finishing last and behind that Allies team was a low point for Vic Metro, but he was a player who showed potential and played well at times for Vic Metro and the Knights, but i dont love him as much as the Vic Metro people do(from what i heard last year).

where most people see him? i think the Vic Metro people see him as a top 10 or thereabouts, he has skill and is tall, but for me he is more mid-draft talent, but i can change my mind, if he puts the runs on the board this year.

i like what i have seen from Nik Cox in bursts, he did well for Vic Metro last year in a team that was pretty ordinary, finishing last and behind that Allies team was a low point for Vic Metro, but he was a player who showed potential and played well at times for Vic Metro and the Knights, but i dont love him as much as the Vic Metro people do(from what i heard last year).

where most people see him? i think the Vic Metro people see him as a top 10 or thereabouts, he has skill and is tall, but for me he is more mid-draft talent, but i can change my mind, if he puts the runs on the board this year.
Currently I have him ranked in the 20s , but if he puts together a solid year he will definitely come into first round conversation. Clubs love 200cm plus talls that have agility because they don’t grow on trees. Cox is a player that could go much earlier in the draft without having dominated games at underage level.

I have him ranked in the 20s currently, but if he puts together a solid year he will definitely come into first round conversation. Clubs love 200cm plus talls that have agility because they don’t grow on trees.

i have him in the 30's at this stage, but if he puts it all together he could sneak into first round calculations, its that potential thing right?, you have potential but if you dont turn that into performance then its just potential and to get it to transform into performance takes a mental determination not everyone has.

so for me with a lot of these guys its a wait and see, can they put that potential into performance or not? thats the question most recruiters would be asking themselves i would think.

i have him in the 30's at this stage, but if he puts it all together he could sneak into first round calculations, its that potential thing right?, you have potential but if you dont turn that into performance then its just potential and to get it to transform into performance takes a mental determination not everyone has.

so for me with a lot of these guys its a wait and see, can they put that potential into performance or not? thats the question most recruiters would be asking themselves i would think.
It depends a lot of kids ( mainly talls) get drafted on potential without putting many games of quality together and just showing glimpses. Harry Jones last year had a substandard year at Calder and essendon still took him at 30 because his measurables/ aerobic capacity for a key forward was off the charts, and they believed his output will improve once he filled out.

WB: (2) Ugle-Hagan - NGA, McPherson - F/S
One more for the Bulldogs, Cody Raak. 192cm medium defender, played with the Jets as an underager and will front up again this year. At this stage it sounds like we rate him as a decent prospect.

as for F/S and Academy players, here is a list of players i think are likely to be drafted by the club they are linked too

WB: (2) Ugle-Hagan - NGA, McPherson - F/S
Adel: (2) Edwards - F/S, Borlase - NGA (Newchurch not sold on him yet)
Coll: (1) McInnes - NGA
Syd: (2) Gulden, Campbell
Haw: (1) Downie - NGA
GCS: (3) Davies, Jeffrey, Lake - NT/GCS A? i think Jeffrey/Lake are aligned with the Suns now? - (pre-listed rookies)
Bris: (4) Crozier, B.Coleman, C.Michael and possibly Tozer - again Bris might lose an Academy member or 2 to other clubs
Frem: (3) B.Walker - NGA, C.Walker - NGA, Western - NGA
Port: (1) Schofield - F/S (Jones - not sold on him yet)
GWS: (1) J.Green
Ess: (1) Brand - NGA (Eyre im not sure at this stage?)
Rich: (1) Baxter - NGA? - (depending on 2020 season)
Melb: (1) D.Smith - NGA? - (depending on 2020 season)
WCE: (1) Berry - NGA? - (depending on 2020 season)

Saints, Geelong, NM and Carlton miss out on Academy players this year, unless i missed something?
You could possibly add Bruce Reville and Tom Wischnat to Brisbane’s list, as they have signed on as U19 academy members.

Wischnat has actually looked pretty good in training and intra-club games. Playing as an inside mid and medium forward. The kid is built just like Cam Rayner, he’s a unit.

Reville has the nickname of “Special Bruce” amongst academy watchers, and could do a Keidean Coleman.

However it’s extremely unlikely we’re going to have list space for more than one or two academy kids, unless they slide through to the rookie draft.

The comment regarding bursts is spot on. He has habitually gone in and out of games and played in those spurts. On Sunday he was much more consistent through the game which I thought was a big tick (albeit a practice game) Top ten seems too high

You could possibly add Bruce Reville and Tom Wischnat to Brisbane’s list, as they have signed on as U19 academy members.

Wischnat has actually looked pretty good in training and intra-club games. Playing as an inside mid and medium forward. The kid is built just like Cam Rayner, he’s a unit.

Reville has the nickname of “Special Bruce” amongst academy watchers, and could do a Keidean Coleman.

However it’s extremely unlikely we’re going to have list space for more than one or two academy kids, unless they slide through to the rookie draft.

if you go back through my 2019 thread i rate both of them funnily enough, but i think production was their downfall, keen to see if they fix that this year

It depends a lot of kids ( mainly talls) get drafted on potential without putting many games of quality together and just showing glimpses. Harry Jones last year had a substandard year at Calder and essendon still took him at 30 because his measurables/ aerobic capacity for a key forward was off the charts, and they believed his output will improve once he filled out.

thats why i didnt rate him as highly as the media and some others did last year, but performing at a good level at the champs was why he was drafted i would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back