Player Watch Dean 'The Peoples' Kent - traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Was very good last year but has dropped off massively this year. I reckon he has never been as fit as he could, I know not all players have a superb physique but guys like him have injury histories for a reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if his back injury is a chronic thing and that he might be struggling to manage it at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if his back injury is a chronic thing and that he might be struggling to manage it at the moment.
I agree. He seems a bit impaired with mobility ATM.

Also with Kent, while he's never been Mr Consistency, his best work is as a team player and he works well with a more solid forward structure. His partnership with Hogan in the past few years is a good one. At the moment the forward line dynamic isn't there and I think he struggles to get the best from himself in this situation.

big time, he is playing far below his level this year. He had a bit of pace and explosive power about him last year but that has gone missing and his disposal has turned to shite
needs a rest as he is not best 22 in his current condition

I haven't watched the reply but I recall him squibbing a pretty important contest in the last inside 50 when the game was there to be won.

Yeah, I remember that. Needed to run the line of the ball and tried to spin out of contact with the pill and left it behind.

I haven't watched the reply but I recall him squibbing a pretty important contest in the last inside 50 when the game was there to be won.
Yep. I would've pulled out too, but then I'm a 60kg pissant who plays non-contact sports because I'm a wuss.

He's professional AFL footballer and she should have ran headfirst full-pelt into that North flog and exploded his abdominal cavity. Lost a lot of respect for him at that moment. Tapscott would have destroyed the poor bastard.

He needs to be given an ultimatum by the coaching staff because at 23 he isn't exactly a kid anymore. Squibbing efforts, lazy one way running and poor disposal have been hallmarks of his game this year. I've been one of his biggest supporters but he might as well not be out there when he plays like that. Still don't think he has ever been as fit as he could be.

Hes usually useful for 10-15 touches, a bit of pressure and 2 sneaky goals. Runs like a bat out of hell to get in position for a cheapy.

His field disposal though has been woeful this year, combined with poor decision making, he needs to go back to the vfl till he gets it right.
He isn't usually good for two sneaky goals. A more accurate statement would be he occasionally kicks a goal or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I would've pulled out too, but then I'm a 60kg pissant who plays non-contact sports because I'm a wuss.

He's professional AFL footballer and she should have ran headfirst full-pelt into that North flog and exploded his abdominal cavity. Lost a lot of respect for him at that moment. Tapscott would have destroyed the poor bastard.
So would Hunt, I feel, who physically is not far off the way you described yourself!

I was wondering if others would note his *avoidance* of contact on that bit of play.

He looked way out of his depth last week. I was hoping he would get around a 6 week run in the side, but maybe three weeks to show what he has got now. I hate it when clubs bring in a player, and drop him the next game. Unless it is tactical.

It is not fair on others competing for a spot otherwise if he performs like that and keeps his position.

Not getting back in the side this year barring injury or consecutive 5 goal performances at Casey imo. Team has grown past him this year.

He doesn't apply the maniac pressure that Hannan, Garlett apply, i don't think he has the fitness levels for the repeat efforts. I can see him being a part of our best 22 going forward

Yeah he's still a valuable player for us, just needs to get his body right. His long kicking is a huge weapon, and I love his mongrel attitude. That's gone missing and I can't help but think it's related to him being sore, whether that's his foot or back who knows. For me the real concern is if he just can't get in too if his injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back