Review Dees v Handbaggers – The Good, Bad & Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for making me panic and think I was a bad son.

I mean, I probably am, but don't exacerbate it.
Had the identical reaction.

Mind you, being forewarned won’t help and I’ll revert to my tradition of phoning my mother about 7-10 days after the event

Last quarter made that game, was an awful slog but that finish was pretty massive, feels like we always drop those sort of games to Geelong, but our defence was massive and some huge goals by Windsor and Fritta at the end.

Still not sure we’re legit, but 6-2 after 8 games, yeah I’ll take that.

Was I the only one who thought we'd win all night? Genuinely wasn't worried for a second. Maybe it's just cause I've lost care for us but it was the opposite of our normal games where we never lost momentum for more than like a minute or 2 and then had the game back into a neutral state.

Oliver doing just about enough to prevent Topkent streams of abuse (so I thought - should have known this was unlikely)

Hey no streams of abuse on the wiper snapper except saying he was s**t at half time and I said the same about Trac so put that in your gander pipe and twirl it

Was I the only one who thought we'd win all night? Genuinely wasn't worried for a second. Maybe it's just cause I've lost care for us but it was the opposite of our normal games where we never lost momentum for more than like a minute or 2 and then had the game back into a neutral state.

I got a bit worried in the 3rd when the cats got their game going a bit, but we still defended them well and just botched shots on goal. Had faith if we played the last like we did the 3rd we’d win provided we converted (Which we did).

I got a bit worried in the 3rd when the cats got their game going a bit, but we still defended them well and just botched shots on goal. Had faith if we played the last like we did the 3rd we’d win provided we converted (Which we did).
Yeah I think even in that 3rd though the game was moving at such a slow pace on the scoreboard I never felt like wed lost the upper hand.

Or maybe just our back 6 was so good. Could barely name one mistake they made in the air or ground level all night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely felt that way at the ground, but obviously you miss a bunch when you don’t watch it on tv. I’ve bagged him as much as you have but was really happy with the way he finished the game.
I thought you #ATG me then lol

I might watch again as well, 5 things I remember from him in the last

2 long bombs after a mark and free kick into the 50
Caught holding the ball
Not putting his body on the line in front of Close when Cameron kicked to him ( maybe he couldn't, but I felt like he could have impacted if he came back a little harder)
Winning the hard ball on the far side with a good bump and handballing on to Langdon I think.

I thought you #ATG me then lol

I might watch again as well, 5 things I remember from him in the last

2 long bombs after a mark and free kick into the 50
Caught holding the ball
Not putting his body on the line in front of Close when Cameron kicked to him
Winning the hard ball on the far side with a good bump and handballing on to Langdon I think.

I’ll rewatch tomorrow night and post thoughts, feel free to @ me if I forget.

I’m actually concerned about Viney, I love him but after a couple good games to start the year he has sucked for a while now. Absolute champion but geez if he continues like this he could be done end of 2025.

I’ll rewatch tomorrow night and post thoughts, feel free to @ me if I forget.

I’m actually concerned about Viney, I love him but after a couple good games to start the year he has sucked for a while now. Absolute champion but geez if he continues like this he could be done end of 2025.
Especially with Trac and Oliver sucking for various halves recently no one should be even watching him at stoppages he should be racking em up for fun.

Especially with Trac and Oliver sucking for various halves recently no one should be even watching him at stoppages he should be racking em up for fun.

With Trac copping a tag weekly now we need to be mixing it up more still. Kozzy is noticeably getting more centre square time but put Trac deep forward ffs, no tagger is going to be able to handle him there.

With Trac copping a tag weekly now we need to be mixing it up more still. Kozzy is noticeably getting more centre square time but put Trac deep forward ffs, no tagger is going to be able to handle him there.
There's no reason at all Trac hasn't kicked 5 or 6 in a game anytime recently. Apart from accuracy there's no where he can't get someone deep. No player in the AFL wants to stand him at the top of the goal square with space.

Is there somewhere I can watch the replay of the game? I know A11 and TK disputed me that Oliver had a good last quarter and since I was at the game need to rewatch for clarity.
The replay thread on this board

I didnt dispute you over it, not sure I even mentioned Oliver other than saying Dan will be back to say how great he was for getting 31 fairly uninspiring possessions. He was better than he has been the past 3-4 weeks for sure but hardly getting our 1mil worth of contract are we?

The replay thread on this board

I didnt dispute you over it, not sure I even mentioned Oliver other than saying Dan will be back to say how great he was for getting 31 fairly uninspiring possessions. He was better than he has been the past 3-4 weeks for sure but hardly getting our 1mil worth of contract are we?
We can all see the hate boner you have for him in every post. Try watch the game a little more objectively rude boy you might see it a little clearer.

We can all see the hate boner you have for him in every post. Try watch the game a little more objectively rude boy you might see it a little clearer.
Hes my favourite player, I picked him to win the B&F and Brownlow and still believe hell do it.

Is there somewhere I can watch the replay of the game? I know A11 and TK disputed me that Oliver had a good last quarter and since I was at the game need to rewatch for clarity.
AFL website:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back