D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What reports are you hearing GY ?

Nothing of huge note, just a number of positive posts on BF outlining the club is making a concerted effort to build on the success from last season. As was pointed out to me by another poster they were only relegated due to % the year before and certainly don't want to be in a negative W/L position for the year.

Nothing of huge note, just a number of positive posts on BF outlining the club is making a concerted effort to build on the success from last season. As was pointed out to me by another poster they were only relegated due to % the year before and certainly don't want to be in a negative W/L position for the year.
Max Ellis from Fitzroy is a huge get for NB. One of the best defenders in Prem B.
Can't believe he has left Fitzroy now they have got to Prem A.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VAFA: Inside Chadstone’s return to division footy in 2024
For the first time since 2016, the club known as the Synners will return to VAFA division footy this season. We go inside their journey ahead of the milestone moment.

Chadstone will return to VAFA divisional footy this season.

In the VAFA’s thirds competition, a club’s story of resilience has been quietly gathering momentum.
Now in season 2024, it will reach its peak.

Chadstone is set for a return to division footy for the first time since the 2016 season.
When the Synners last fielded two sides, then in Division 4, the senior side finished winless having conceded over 3300 points for the season.
Since then, the club has played in the Club XVIII and Thirds competition.

Despite Covid presenting a fresh challenge during the 2020 and 2021 seasons, the Synners are ready to once again start climbing the VAFA ranks.
Tim Thorburn, who as been president since 2021, has been leading the charge to get Chadstone back on the field.
“When I took on the presidency, the goal was to always get two sides back out in division footy,” he said.
“It’s a really exciting time for people who have been involved in the rebuild at Jordan Reserve. One of the key things for us was having a bit of a culture shift to what there’s been before.
“That had been one of the big focus areas for us as a committee. It’s taken some time but we’re really building a fantastic culture of where we want to be.
“We officially reached out to the VAFA about coming back into the division structure last season and they were more than accommodating in helping us achieve our goal.”

1708924038042.png

Throughout the club’s Facebook post, two consistent words appear — Chaddy Love.
It’s a theme which has driven the club community on and off the field.

“We’ve been getting good numbers on the track throughout pre-season, between 30 and 40 every night,” Thorburn said.
“If I had a rough guess, I’d say there’s maybe 20 per cent of the same playing group from pre-Covid which means there are a lot of fresh faces around the place.
“Everyone is really excited about the opportunity to play some footy again. I think one of the underrated parts of coming back is having a game to watch.
“The senior boys will be able to watch the reserves hang around and then the twos will watch the 2pm game. That’s a significant part in building a culture which is what we’ve been doing the past few years.”
Ben Bishop, who is also the club’s vice-president, has been appointed as the man to guide Chadstone on the next step of their recovery journey.

He has guided the club’s Thirds team in recent seasons as a playing coach.

His efforts around Jordan Reserve haven’t gone unnoticed in previous years either having been named best clubman back in 2019.
“He’s led us through this new period,” Thorburn said.

“He’s been a big help to me personally, I’m really looking forward to watching him continue to grow in this coaching role.”
While the on-field challenges were one thing, Thorburn said the financial impact of Covid was definitely felt.

“It was a tough time for us to get through,” he said.
“Bills still had to be paid to keep the doors open. As a committee we found ways and now we’re in a much better position than we were.”

Chadstone will open its season against Swinburne University at St James Park on Saturday, April 13.

VAFA: Inside Chadstone’s return to division footy in 2024
For the first time since 2016, the club known as the Synners will return to VAFA division footy this season. We go inside their journey ahead of the milestone moment.

Chadstone will return to VAFA divisional footy this season.

In the VAFA’s thirds competition, a club’s story of resilience has been quietly gathering momentum.
Now in season 2024, it will reach its peak.

Chadstone is set for a return to division footy for the first time since the 2016 season.
When the Synners last fielded two sides, then in Division 4, the senior side finished winless having conceded over 3300 points for the season.
Since then, the club has played in the Club XVIII and Thirds competition.

Despite Covid presenting a fresh challenge during the 2020 and 2021 seasons, the Synners are ready to once again start climbing the VAFA ranks.
Tim Thorburn, who as been president since 2021, has been leading the charge to get Chadstone back on the field.
“When I took on the presidency, the goal was to always get two sides back out in division footy,” he said.
“It’s a really exciting time for people who have been involved in the rebuild at Jordan Reserve. One of the key things for us was having a bit of a culture shift to what there’s been before.
“That had been one of the big focus areas for us as a committee. It’s taken some time but we’re really building a fantastic culture of where we want to be.
“We officially reached out to the VAFA about coming back into the division structure last season and they were more than accommodating in helping us achieve our goal.”

View attachment 1913763

Throughout the club’s Facebook post, two consistent words appear — Chaddy Love.
It’s a theme which has driven the club community on and off the field.

“We’ve been getting good numbers on the track throughout pre-season, between 30 and 40 every night,” Thorburn said.
“If I had a rough guess, I’d say there’s maybe 20 per cent of the same playing group from pre-Covid which means there are a lot of fresh faces around the place.
“Everyone is really excited about the opportunity to play some footy again. I think one of the underrated parts of coming back is having a game to watch.
“The senior boys will be able to watch the reserves hang around and then the twos will watch the 2pm game. That’s a significant part in building a culture which is what we’ve been doing the past few years.”
Ben Bishop, who is also the club’s vice-president, has been appointed as the man to guide Chadstone on the next step of their recovery journey.

He has guided the club’s Thirds team in recent seasons as a playing coach.

His efforts around Jordan Reserve haven’t gone unnoticed in previous years either having been named best clubman back in 2019.
“He’s led us through this new period,” Thorburn said.

“He’s been a big help to me personally, I’m really looking forward to watching him continue to grow in this coaching role.”
While the on-field challenges were one thing, Thorburn said the financial impact of Covid was definitely felt.

“It was a tough time for us to get through,” he said.
“Bills still had to be paid to keep the doors open. As a committee we found ways and now we’re in a much better position than we were.”

Chadstone will open its season against Swinburne University at St James Park on Saturday, April 13.

They are essentially starting from scratch, expect a few drubbings this year with the merged division, But they will be better for it.

Good on them, every man and his dog was onto the website last time they had two teams checking to see how much they lost by that week (300+ a few times). Takes balls to come back from that and 3rds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back